ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Hi Guys,we tried to transfer 4 tickets and all were refused.....our reasoning we used was due to financial reasons.My friend also got refused total of 6 tickets in total.Dont know what else to try.These tickets were purchased purely for ourselves.......like most when the portal opened we put several applications in and the people who got tickets we all agrred to transfer within ourselves.....how wrong were we.Stupid us have bookd all accomadation and flights the minute we were succesfull with tickets.Can anyone suggest which reasoning to use.Isnt it funny if you have been blacklisted and you have a ticket you have no problems transferring.Don't get fooled when it says transferred in customer service,you should only relax once you see active.Please Please help.

2. Celtic1967

Celtic1967 New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I'm in the same boat mate. Me and a group of friends put in a couple of applications each (is that such a crime?) and agreed to share what we got (in the end very little). I also have flights/eurostar booked, but as I'm only coming from England it's not as bad as for some people who might not get in. What specific reasons did you use?

My advice is to travel out there anyway, I would hope that there is still a slim chance that your tickets (and mine) will be checked on entry.

3. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Reason I used was due to financial and personal reason's we are unable to travel from Australia to Germany.......whatelse do they want??Blood:)

4. Jdirckze

Jdirckze New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Don't get fooled when it says transferred in customer service,you should only relax once you see active.Please Please help.[/QUOTE]

Where does it say 'active' - I was breathing a sigh of relief when it changed to 'transferred' but now I'm getting worried again!

5. ebeck88

ebeck88 New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Yeah, where does it say active?

6. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Before you transferred ticket....you go into process order and next to the intial guest it says active....when you transfer ticket it says entered for transfer then after a day it says transfered.....this means its in line waiting for someone to determine weather or not your reason if valid if not it says transfer rejected otherwise it will become active.To see this you need to log in your customer service.

7. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    I have status transferred for 10 days or so. How long does it take to review it and make either active or rejected????

8. 6thWorldCup

6thWorldCup New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Chicago
    I have had two transfer requests go through, both using the "intrafamily" reason. One was on my brother's app. transferring from him to me, both people with the same last name. It was approved within 24 hours.

The more challenging one, which also went through, was on my wife's app. She had been awarded 4 tix to several matches, in her name (different from mine), 2 of my kids (my last name), and a friend (different last name). She requested the friend's ticket to the 2 matches be transferred to me, calling it an intrafamily transfer. She got the switch approved after a 3-4 day wait without any need for supporting documentation. So, it was an "intrafamily" transfer despite the applicant (my wife) and the transferee (my buddy) each having different last names from me. The only potential favorable factor on our side is that her app also reflects tickets in the name of my kids, with my last name.

9. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    So what is the status of your tickets at customer service , active or transferred ?
    thx

10. 6thWorldCup

6thWorldCup New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Chicago
    In customer service, under the heading "transfer status" it says "transferred" in both apps, regarding all the tickets we asked to transfer. Like I said, one had its status changed to "transferred" within 24 hours, and the other took 3-4 days to have the status changed to "transferred." Why does someone think that instead we have to wait til it says "active" before believing that the transfer has actually been effectuated? I would imagine if anything "active" would mean that the request is actively being considered and would come before "transferred", though I have never read anything in any fifa material about "active." I, too, read the poster's reference to "active." Can someone inform the rest of us as to whether they have ever seen "active" posted on an account/app and what happened? In the other apps that I have seen that were granted tix (without any transfers), none ever referred to "active" versus anything else, so I am aware of no reason to think that "transferred" means anything other than transferred.

11. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Mine was transferred for over a week then went to rejected.....the good thing if you wanna call it is that it gives you another oportunity.

12. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK I don't get this.

I have 2 tickets listed as "Transferred". Does that mean they are successfully transferred? Or do I have to wait for another status change?

13. Afro

Afro New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Sydney
    Don't think anyone actually knows the answer to this. There is one fact to note:

1. People have had the status "transferred" and then have been told and changed to unsuccessful.

Therefore I believe "transferred" doesn't guarentee that we are home and dusted yet.

As for an "active" status, no one has actually said that their tickets have been transferred and then changed to active. So this sounds like waffle to me.

14. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    What has happened to me is that originally was set to active the transfered then after a week it said rejected now gone back to active,but your right noone really knows.....time will tell.

15. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    I take it the names have returned to the original ones?

16. crows

crows New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Yes original names.

17. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I applied for a transfer for both my wife and I as she is pregnant. Hers is still showing as transferred but mine was denied.

I tried a second time with my ticket and after 48 hrs it is still showing as Entered for Transfer so I am not sure if the second time round they are looking more closely at them or they are backed up.

18. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Anybody any news on transfers today?

I have had 2 out of 4 rejected today - no confirmation email but status has changed in customer services.

I have re-entered them for transfer again.

19. Afro

Afro New Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Sydney
    What did you select as your transfer reason?

20. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had 1 out of 2 rejected.

I resubmitted the reject, and just put in for another transfer.

- Tim

21. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    I've had transfers put in by others to transfer tickets to me. After a weekend of "entered for transfer" they now should up as "transferred." I've read that the initial listing on the CC page of "transferred" is not official. But what's not clear to me is how you know your transfer has been accepted? Does the original applicant or the transferree get an e-mail from FIFA? Is there an indication on the customer service web page that the transfer has officially been accepted? Can someone who has gone through the process successfully inform those of us that still waiting about the notice that FIFA provided to them, and the form in which that notice was given? Thanks.

22. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    These are all good questions but I don't think anyone here (or on toor.de which I have been reading) has the answer. I think once the status in the CSS changes to shipped all the transferees can probably breath a little easier.

23. trvlite

trvlite New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    NoVa
    A premise for the discussion of transferring tickets is that officials at match sites are going to be verifying ID's for entry. Do we know this to be true? Even for matches w/ slim chances of unruly behavior? Won't several "undocumented" fans disrupt entry into the stadium? Can you buy extras in front of the stadium, a long-time sporting tradition?

My understanding from those who attended Japan/Korea WC was that there were no ID checks at the gates. Anyone have any insight?

Just wondering out loud if the transfer is worth the effort/risk.

24. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has long been debated. No one knows for sure although the general thought is some random checks. Not exactly sure what you mean by the risk of a transfer.

25. trvlite

trvlite New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    NoVa
    What I mean is, suppose you want to transfer your hard-won ticket to a good friend. The ticket is to watch two teams without a hooligan culture play, say Sweden v Paraguay. Technically you don't meet any of the FIFA requirements for transfer. If your transfer is denied, my understanding is that you relinquish your tickets to FIFA for resale. Maybe I have this point wrong. Regardless, are you better going with a ticket with someone else's name on it if you fail to transfer the tickets?

How are the ticket-brokers selling their tickets? Are they offering to transfer title?