ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you can. Or at least it gives you the option to transfer each individual ticket.

2. mm72

mm72 New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    anyone know whether you can transfer single tickets in a TST and keep the rest?

and anyone had any problems with the transfer process so far, FIFA asking for documentation or declining to transfer?

thanks.

3. primusux

primusux Member

Mar 17, 2005
    USA

I tried this, and you can't. At least, not automatically..it's possible you can email them through the self service center and ask them, but thats not a risk I'm willing to take.

4. WB04

WB04 New Member

May 5, 2005
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mm72
    anyone know whether you can transfer single tickets in a TST and keep the rest?

and anyone had any problems with the transfer process so far, FIFA asking for documentation or declining to transfer?

thanks.

I tried this, and you can't. At least, not automatically..it's possible you can email them through the self service center and ask them, but thats not a risk I'm willing to take.

You are correct. I have a family member who cannot go and has a USA TST 3 but is not able to transfer it to me because I have single tickets to 2 games. The games I have are on different dates than the USA games but the system is obviously programmed to not allow this even though the total number of tickets I would have in my name is only 5 .

What sucks is she cannot go for a very legitimate reason which is she broke her back last autumn and must have a second operation in late May. As a result she is unable to travel to Germany in June (not to mention attend WC games with manical soccer fans from all corners of the globe).

She is going to send FIFA an email to see if there is some way they can make an exception. It is risky but there is no other alternative. I hope that whoever is making the decision in the ticket office actually reads the email and can comprehend the situation. If they reply with a "canned" answer stating that single ticket holders cannot have a TST transferred to them it will be very disapointing.

I wonder if I release the tickets that I have purchased will I then be allowed to have the tickets transferred to me?

5. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question. Under the transfer screen, you put in a credit card to pay for the exchange. It says it needs to be the same as the applicant. Is that the original owner? Also then how does the new ticket holder pay for the tickets? Do they have to send you the money?

6. scottk964

scottk964 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you bought the tickets during an earlier phase, then yeah, I would assume the original owner's credit card. If you got them from fifa re-sale, it's probably still your ticket.

The ticket recipient pays nothing to FIFA; it's assumed that they pay you directly.

(that's all IF you transfer gets processed - which is not so easy as we/I thought: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334256

7. HSV Hooligan

HSV Hooligan New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Shaker Heights, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone successfully transferred tickets to a family member with a different last name? If so, did you have to provide documentation?

8. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the tooor.de message boards, someone said they had transferred to a family member with different last name successfully without documentation.

9. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So, I did it with 2 tickets:

The first ticket should be transfered from the name of my father to me - and it worked.

the 2nd ticket should be transfered from my sister to her boyfriend - and it DID NOT work. Although it says "transfered" in the Customer self service, FIFA sent a mail to my sister, saying that her reason was not a case of hardship. They wrote that they will transfer the 10 € back in the next week. damn ;)

10. Substance

Substance New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    sydney
    my transfer failed also

so i dont know if we should attempt it again by saying one of the guests is sick.
    its a tough call.

11. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the boards on tooor.de, you shouldn't try the sickness excuse. The only thing working is "within the family".

12. Celtic1967

Celtic1967 New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    I would have thought that that is one of the hardest things to prove/disprove - what are you meant to do, send your family tree? Therefore it might be the best tactic.

13. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Have you received email telling you that this transfer has been accepted?
    thx

14. globalexplorer

Mar 27, 2006
    So for those transfers that failed - they didn't even give you a chance to submit supporting documentation? How did you find out that it failed - did they email you?

15. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no. However all of my friends and my family members got emails if FIFA said "no" so they definitely checked it and mine apparently worked. :)

16. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    I applied for the transfer of 4 tickets on Sunday.
    Not heard anything back at all yet - either by email or through Customer Services (Still says 'entered for transfer') despite the website saying that this would be processed within 24hrs.
    Not sure if no news is good or bad?

17. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    I have transferred one ticket a week ago and havent heard from Fifa yet, so hopefully everything will be fine.

18. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    What does the status say in customer services?

19. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    TST-5 XXX paid
    Original guest New guest
    XXXX XXXX
    Transfer status
    transferred
    Transfer fee: 10,00 EUR

So Im hoping that it will go through

20. morg56

morg56 New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Seems promising!

How quickly did your status change to 'transfered'? And what 'reason' did you select?

My problem is that I seem to be stuck on 'entered for transfer' - nearly 3 days after applying. Don't want to enquire with FIFA as don't want to draw unneccessary attention to my application but just would like to see some progress!

21. michalek

michalek New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    Mine had status Transferred 24 hours later or so. For a reason I wrote a short paragraph.( medical reason)

22. Jdirckze

Jdirckze New Member

Mar 5, 2006

I have the same problem - transferring from my mum to me - same name different address , and from my partner's sister - all different names but same address as me . I can't see how they can prove that they are or aren't sisters . Nearly 4 days stuck on 'entered for transfer' with to e-mail acknowledgement at all

23. Phase4Nightmare

Feb 17, 2006
    Netherlands
    Are they by any chance resale tickets? I have the same problem transferring one resale ticket.

The standard answer FIFA gives upon rejection of a transfer states that one can resort to the resale section on the website to get rid of the ticket. This obviously doens't apply to tickets that were acquired through resale.

I suspect they will handle those cases later. Maybe they will be more lenient towards transfers of resale tickets because a resale option is not available anymore.

With a good reason not to go, it would be quite harsh not having either an option to transfer or resell.

BTW. What i understand from the forum on tooor.de there's a court case April 20th about the whole issue.

24. scottk964

Apr 1, 2004
    Winchester, VA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Semi-good news! The rejection email I got from FIFA, in response to my "can't make the first half of the tourney because I'm caring for my sick grandfather" hardship transfer request, only applied to ONE of the two tickets I was transferring. For MY ticket, I gave that reason, and that ticket is now transferred. For the ticket of my companion, I put something similar but said that "this transfer is for the companion ticket of order xxxxxxx; xxxx cannot make the tourney either now since we were going together". THAT ticket now shows up as "transfer rejected" in CSS, and I was able to try to transfer again. That transfer is now entered and waiting for a status change. PM me if you want more specific details.

Now I'm off to read tooor.de and see what ze Germans are saying about being able to attempt transfers a second time...

25. Jdirckze

Jdirckze New Member

Mar 5, 2006