ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. eagle10

eagle10 New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Have you any news on the collection or the transfer of "conditional tickets" of the national football association?
    I'm from Itlay and I got four vouchers (they have the same look of a ticket) from my national football association (FIGC).
    They are valid from the round of 16 to the final, but only if Italy goes on, otherwise I'll get my money back.
    I have to change the vouchers with the tickets at the FIFA Team Ticket Point in the city where the matches will be played.
    My question: if I want another person to collect my tickets, it's enough if I'll give him the voucher, a copy of my id card and a declaration signed by me where I authorise him to collect the ticket?
    Thanks and sorry fot my bad english!

2. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I succesfully transfer my ticket to someone else, however i entered the wrong year of birth, everything else is correct. can that person still pick up his ticket?

3. H-Bee

H-Bee New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Its all a money making scam by FIFA. There are no id-ticket checkas happening at the grounds.. Just got back from Eng v Para and Port v Ang and didn't see a single person being checked.

Save your money unless you are desparate to have a name change. Friend did a transfer at the ticket centre - transfer within family is the best one to use if face to face - just say its a sister-in-law or brother-in-law that way nationalities don't matter and they can't cross reference surnames.

4. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, for me, i have to do it, no choice as the ticket I transferred to plays on an earlier date that I can't be in Germany. Otherwise I won't transfer any tickets at all (yes, I am that greedy, but this is the biggest tourney in the world and I love football). Since I am not in Germany when the match plays and I don't have the actual tickets with me, I have to do transfer, no choice. But I entered the wrong year of birth although everything else is correct.

5. LA_Soccer

LA_Soccer New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I just requested another transfer and got the email confirmation immediately, but this time it didn't come with a pdf attachment...did they change the system or was there some kind of computer error? Do we even need that confirmation (in either email or pdf form) to trade in or pick up the transferred tickets, or is it just for our records? It seems like my passport and the old tickets (or original order confirmation pdf) should be enough, no?

6. RandyfromUS

RandyfromUS Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Texas
    I went on June 11 and picked up tickets for five people other than myself that are arriving later, brought their passports and signed authorization forms. In a ouple of cases the pdf forms had been deleted by firewaals. They just looked up the names in the computers and gave me the tickets -- it took a while but was not difficult.

7. Tadeh

Tadeh New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, sorry that I am bringing up an old topic...
    but for the World CUp in 2010...
    lets says I am an applicant and I also have 3 other guests in my application form.
    Lets say its 2010, and 2 of my original guests are now not able to make it and a different 2 guests come with me to South Africa, will it be any issue for me to collect these 4 tickets? Can I still collect all 4 tickets when I get to South Africa and give 2 of them to these 2 new guests to attend the games?
    (Basically, do I still need to fill out a form or something?, cause I am the main applicant and I will be there to pick up the tickets regardless)

Thanks

8. emmex

emmex New Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm guessing here...

As far as i know there will be ticket booths where you print out your tickets using your official fifa/visa/fnb card...with these tickets, i would assume they *may* check for identification at entrances of matches...if they actually would, is another question. So sure you can take the risk(i wouldn't)...but make sure before the time...You would probably have to do this transfer thing so that the *tickets are in official names*

Why one would not be able to buy tickets anonymously like a normal movie ticket at normal ticketing booths (first come first serve), heck knows...Sure they wanna prevent the black market sales...but surely its not worth the hassle is it??? Maybe they have their reasons...but it sure aint convenient....

9. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow, this sure dredged up some crazy memories!

i think it's probably safe to say *no one*, including those in charge, really knows how it will work. i suspect they basically re-invent the process every 4 years, and the fact that FIFA is selling tix this year (rather than the host nations football fed) doesn't change or help that.

best to just pay attention on BS etc. as hard info and experiences unfold. peoples actual experiences in germany differed wildly from each other, and from what was expected based on published info.

10. Lisa11

Lisa11 New Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    Belarus
    "Unfortunately I have to miss (at least the) first half of the WC, because I have to take care of my sick grampa in the USA. Luckily I have an aunt (name) and Uncle (name) in Germany, who want to go to the game. Therefore I would like to transfer my tickets to them. My ticket will go to Mr. xxx, and that of my colleague will to go Mrs. xxx."

Lisa11

11. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Sorry for reviving this old thread, but does anyone know if this will be possible in Brazil? Their transfer & resale policy is as follows:
    Transfer & Resale Policy
    The General Ticket Terms and Conditions for the Use Tickets indicate that Ticket Holders may not sell, offer for sale, offer at auctions, resell, donate, act as a commercial agent for another party or otherwise transfer their ticket in any way, without the specific prior written consent of FIFA.

FIFA will only give such consent in case a Ticket Holder (i) wishes to transfer a Ticket to a privately invited guest or family member for free or for the price charged to the Ticket Holder by FIFA, (ii) is seriously ill or has died, or (iii) any other reasons which may be defined by FIFA in the Ticket transfer and resale policy available on www.fifa.com/tickets (“Ticket Transfer and Resale Policy”).

My mum and dad are want to transfer tickets to my brother and I, and I would rather avoid having to go through the process of getting it notarized and risk being unable to get the tickets in Brazil for any reason. Unfortunately ticket delivery is not an option as they are TST-'s which include second round matches. Does this policy by FIFA allow me to change the main applicant's name and pick up the tickets myself?

I asked FIFA and they gave me a generic copy and paste response.