Ticket Question

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by jgildea8, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    Re: The DC United Forum Charter :: Soccer Bars, FAQ, Links, Netiquette & Guidelines

I am looking for some info on RFK tickets. I just moved to DC and was given tickets for 05 in the VIP section. I cannot, however, for the life of me figure out what the hell is so special about these seats! The first game I went to was the eastern conf. final and the other side of the field seemed like the place to be. What is the deal? Any help or advice for where to go pre and post would be appreciated as well. Thanks

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The DC United Forum Charter :: Soccer Bars, FAQ, Links, Netiquette & Guidelines

Depends on what you mean by VIP - what section?

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    With the baseball situation, seating is up in the air at the moment. If you have VIP priced tickets you can exchange them for any comprably or lower priced tickets. La Barra Brava, Screaming Eagles and La Norte have ticket booths set up outside the stadium where an exchange can be made on game day if you care to sit with hardcore DC supporters. Any ticket booth will exchange your tickets for other seating also.

4. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    It is the green section on the RFK map at dcunited.com 200's mid-field. I have not picked the exact seats yet, but it seems like the "premium" is a better choice. Do the fan clubs have those tickets already?

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    La Barra is 135-137(maybe 139, cant remember) and the Screaming Eagles are I beileve 132-134. La Norte is behind the north goal, in section 120.

So to answer your question, basically the entire front sections of the side you were watching from your VIP section are supporters clubs (SEs and BB). Behind them is still premium seating, I expect. You'd simply be looking down on the bouncing (well, who knows with beisbol) loco masses.

If you care to join in the fun of a supporters group, you can trade in your ticket for a Barra Brava ticket at our ticket booth.

Also, be sure to come to the pre-game tailgate in Lot 8!

For more information see www.barra-brava.com and follow the links for a map of our tailgate spot and any other questions you might have should be answered there.

6. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    Thanks guys. I'll check out the info on some of the clubs and see what is up. I am pretty pumped. New Orleans was fun, but a soccer wateland. See you at the game!

7. Beaker

Beaker Member

Jun 21, 2001
    Vienna, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used to have VIP tickets but after watching the games sitting on my arse, clapping occasionally, being gawked at when I yelled and watching the SEs and Barra have a ball, I bought lower-priced, more fun seats in the Nest. What a blast!!!! I know your tickets were given to you, but join a supporter's group and trade those tickets in. You'll get more than your money's worth;)