Ticket Prices for 2007/08

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Vermont Red, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an article on the official site regarding ticket prices for next season. Please discuss amongst yourselves.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=422390

2. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone want to lend me some cash?

3. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the matter? All junior match tickets are being reduced.

4. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You always do this. I have no comeback. :mad:

5. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Treat the fans like a drug, They know its hard to give up!!
    how much more can the ordinary fan afford.. i know alot of
    Man United fans, And for some this will be the final straw.

LUHG

6. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's looking that way for me. :(

Auto cup scheme compulsary. :mad: Can't sell 'em on either unless you know/trust the person as I assume you'll have to use that new swipe card thingy for those too.

7. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    There's no roof, is there? Prices will just continue to rise until small-ish games stop selling out and they've found the perfect balance.

8. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Compulsory

9. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks, you made feel a whole lot better. Was gonna blame it on that being the way Americans spell it but just looked it up and it's the same over here too. :eek: :p

10. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I pity the fool. ;)

What I was really hoping for in this thread is for someone to breakdown the differences between this season's ticket prices and the changes for next season. Anyone have that knowlegde? Anyone? Bueller?

11. barthez4

barthez4 Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I suppose I'd have to have to be in England to get the outrage here. It costs about the same per match to get Buffalo Sabres tickets, and I think it's fair to say that seeing Manchester United at Old Trafford is a bit more of an event than seeing the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena.

I guess I'm just desensitized by the prices of hockey games. Unless I'm reading something wrong, which - with the hangover I have - is very possible.

12. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They're on the official site aren't they? I followed the link you gave and it had this season's prices alongside next. Well it did for season tickets anyway.

Mine's up from £570 to £627, or from £30 a game to £33 if you prefer, or 10% if you want it that way. Throw in the auto cup scheme and it's looking very doubtful that I'll be there.

13. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Manchester United supporters are facing ticket price rises of up to 14% next season.

The Old Trafford outfit have released details of pricings for the 2007-08 campaign, which could yet see them defending the treble.

While a range of measures have been introduced to effectively cut the cost of concessionary tickets, meaning an adult with two children will pay less next season than they did this, full price tickets have risen sharply.

The biggest increases are in the lower tiers of the North and South Stands, which will rise from £665 to £722, while the most expensive seats in the stadium are the upper tier of both stands, which rise over 12% to £836.

In addition, all season ticket holders not currently a member of the club's automatic cup scheme, which forces fans to buy tickets for cup games whether they intend to watch the game or not, will be required to join.

Junior tickets in the Family Stand will be frozen at £190, while all junior tickets in other sections of the stadium will be £10, a 48.7% reduction.

Over 65s will pay £20 or half the cost of an adult ticket in the appropriate section of the stadium, whichever is the lower.

Despite those initiatives, United are sure to be condemned by fans' groups, who warned of hefty increases in ticket prices once Malcolm Glazer completed his controversial takeover two years ago.

However, United officials can argue their move - which bucks the trend of other north-west clubs such as Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan who have cut the price of tickets - is justified given Old Trafford continues to sell out for virtually every home game.

The lowest crowd for any Red Devils' first-team game this season is 61,325 for the recent FA Cup sixth round replay with Middlesbrough, while all 18 Premiership home games have had attendances topping 75,000.

14. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw that. :eek:

Edit: It's not all bad news, though. Evidently some of the concession prices will be reduced.

15. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You've already got me thinking of ways around this.

Maybe I could apply for one in all my elderly relatives names? With it being on a swipe card next season all over the ground it might just work although they do still have guys looking on some sort of computer screen/monitor when you go in. Chances would probably be a bit slim of getting one anyway.

Maybe an option is to set up a bank account with just enough for ST in it then close it upon receipt of it. Good luck trying to charge for cup matches. :D Of course, you'd never get one the season after if you did that and they'd probably come up with some BS about breach of contract and end up sueing me.

16. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Look on the bright side with those concessions going down maybe now you can afford to munch on prawn sandwiches with the rest of the crowd...

17. no prawns ere

no prawns ere Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Manchester
    Day trippers 1-0 Loyal Supporters

18. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    The Glazers are doing this right smack in the face of a fairly successful (already) season that may duplicate the 1999 treble. But of course.

19. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    I think it is interesting to compare ticket prices for a game to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The majority of tickets cost $790 for 8 games. That comes out to 95.00 USD or 47.4458 GBP per game. And the team's website says they are currently sold out.

In America we have long been suckered into paying outrageous fees for the opportunity to attend a sporting event.

20. barthez4

barthez4 Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say. The New Jersey Devils play at the Continental Airlines Arena, which is in an AWFUL location right at the side of the turnpike that is very very difficult to get to. They barely fill half of the seats during most of their games, but the tickets are still so expensive.

21. yikchi

yikchi Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    Garden State
    I think it is interesting that they pick today to announce the increase of Ticket Prices.

22. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    The Glazers probably got pissed that they were attacked last night and figured they'd get us pesky supporters...

23. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    FYP

:(

24. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am in the East 2nd tier and the cost has gone up to £627 as well.

I dont think anyone did not expect ticket prices to rise year on year once the Glazers gained control. Ticket prices at OT have been good for fans compared to other premiership grounds, but the Glazers will want to milk ticket prices to get more money back.

Higher ticket prices, more season tickets (meaning cash available at day one of the season than in the past) and a bigger influx of cash to the club. You can bet it wont go to the team, but to the Glazers to [pay the debt and further consolidate their hold. The fans suffer!

Whats the news on the swipe cards?

25. Alfiesdodgyknee

Alfiesdodgyknee New Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Glazer's Pocket
    I am absolulty ********ing Raging , One of my mates who has been going home and away for Donkeys Years now has Been Priced out no less than 4 months after saying that is what he feared in an edition of Red News.

SoutH Stand has gone up by 95 quid , for League only -

In stretty 2 wiv my Mates and its up to 570 to 627, Cant afford this shit LEAGUE ONLY -God forbid we get a decnt run in all cup competitions -Its bad form with this Auto cup shit when ur Praying to be Drawn away at home cuz the funds aren't there

Its gone 2 far , We all knew prices would go up but 14% ******** this - Gonna have to be some serious serious thinking and adding up done