Thugs???

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BEATMAN1, Jul 31, 2002.

1. BEATMAN1

BEATMAN1 Red Card

Jul 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I FIND IT RATHER HUMOROUS that Carolina fans comment on the fact the Beat players are thugs LOL generally this is always the claim when the BEAT has hung an L in the opposing teams won lost column selah....

2. soccerobsessee9

soccerobsessee9 New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Rensselaer, Indiana
    We also comment on it whenever the Beat plays anyone, because we have eyes! :)

3. BEATMAN1

BEATMAN1 Red Card

Jul 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    yes i know... 2 black ones it would seem LOL

4. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Folks, I am not your mod, but I believe this sort of thing is supposed to go on in the rivalry forum, where there are nice robust anti-Beat and somewhat anti-Charge threads.

5. BEATMAN1

BEATMAN1 Red Card

Jul 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    3 butt whuppins in a row.....whoo-hooooo welcome to reality <g> home playoff game starting to fade to an away game?????? Thugs indeed

6. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Ya spelled your screen name wrong, Beastman

I agree with you, although I don't know how anti-Beast the rivalry forum can be, since half of the regular posters there are Beast fans.

7. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Trolls!!!

Good one XYZ! :D

I agree with Lane to the extent that at least in theory "this sort of thing is supposed to go on in the rivalry forum." However, XYZ is correct in pointing out that in the Rivalry Forum "half of the regular posters there are Beast fans."

On many occasions in the past I have seen Beat fans claim that they don't understand why they are generally disliked so much. However, when most of them tacitly condone the sort of trolling behavior that Beastman is displaying here it is quite difficult to give their pleas of innocence much credibility. :rolleyes:

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Beatman has three posts. It's hardly like he's a seasoned veteran of these boards.

Move the thread to rivalry where it belongs.

And Triton, you jumping in on this thread and already harassing Beat posters does not help matters at all -- "You can't troll here, but I will take your bait and throw in a punch anyway ..."

9. tritonspirit

tritonspirit New Member

Fair point.

I'm in total agreement with you here.

I don't feel like I was "harassing Beat posters," but I acknowledge your concern.

Hege Riise and Unni Lehn are by far my two favorite players in the WUSA and I feel like I should be able be able to check out the posts here in the Courage Forum without having to be subjected to any of this other worthless nonsense that more appropriately belongs in the Rivalry Forum.

I could say more, but I stated the main points that I wanted to make and so just I'll just leave it at that. From now on I will attempt to contact the forum moderators by PM when I have an issue with inappropriate trolling in the WUSA: Team Forums. Therefore I don't see any reason why I would need to post anything about this again.

10. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    Just for the record my strategy with trolling is to ignore it and let the thread drop off the bottom of the screen. However, this thread keeps getting bumped up, both by folks taking the bait and by folks discussing the trolling and the thread more academically. This thread grew out of some pretty strong and quite similar discussion in another thread, which I don't want to move, so I'm leaving this one too in order to be fair. I hope this information is useful and that this thread and its self-referential analysis can sink rapidly. :D

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Ya spelled your screen name wrong, Beastman

That's pretty lame, XYZ.