Thoughts and News on Denílson

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by usain2010, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys have me a little worried now. I am pretty excited about Denilson playing for FCD but it sounds like he might not be as good as I thought.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Talent isn't the issue with him. He doesn't have a good head on his shoulders. He doesn't put out 100% in practices or games.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They guy is immensily talented. He was tremendously quick and had an amazing first step. I am not sure how much quickness he has lost since he is now 30.

His problem was always that he was never grasped the whole concept of team game. He just didn't know when to pass the ball. For a player of his caliber talent wise, he has a very low scoring record.

That's not to say he is not going to do well in FC Dallas. I understand he was doing very well at Bordeaux and he has been keeping in shape for the last few months at Palmeiras back in Brazil.

4. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He'll be going to Nautico. You heard it here first.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. urubudagavea

urubudagavea New Member

May 5, 2009
    setor verde
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Denilson is washed up

8. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    Such a shame, He had legendary talent, and could have been an all time great if he put in the time and work. Denilson could have been special, oh well Ill always remember him for his amazing dribbles and his flair.

9. urubudagavea

urubudagavea New Member

May 5, 2009
    setor verde
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldinho will probably be following the vietnam route pretty soon the way he is wasting his talent.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    What a disappointment. I remember him in 1998. Young, agile, so talented, so fast. He scored, if I am not incorrect, a goal vs. Germany in a pre-World Cup friendly in Germany in 1998; Brazil won 2-1. That was around the same time he led SPFC to the Paulistao title, and on the final match, he was carried on somebody's shoulders and wept as the fans saluted him, knowing that he was leaving.

He also tried so hard to score against France in the 2nd half of the 1998 final. I remember he hit the woodwork. And he cried so bitterly when the match ended.

Fortunately, he seemed to be on the rebound. Betis. Then, 1999 Copa America and triumph w/ the national team in Korea/Japan 2002. Perhaps now he'd finally get his club career on track?

It's sad to see somebody like him rejected not only by all Brazil's first division teams, but by MLS sides as well. Now he's in Vietnam. ANd he's only 31 years old.

Ronaldinho Gaucho will not end up like him, not soon anyway. Ronaldinho Gaucho may perhaps have begun the final phase of his career, but he's still good enough to play in Europe - he just has to get his act together, and he has far more club success than Denilson ever had. National team, RG has done plenty as well.

Sad...

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow ... he is only 31 ??? That is a shame ...

12. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Why won't any brazillian side take a punt on this guy?
    I felt sorry for his rejection here in England, he really wanted to play at crappy bolton in the prem.

I get the sense that in a 4/5 years time when he realises he's career is on he verge of finished, he'll regret all these mercenary moves, and wish he stayed in Brazil or at least kept pushing for a move to a decent european side to rebuild his rep.
    I wish he'd reconsider and move to a decent side while he could still contribute and show sparks of magic.

13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He was in my team (Palmeiras) in Brazil not long ago ... didn't work out. Then he went to play from some crappy team in Goias I believe. Nobody really understands what happened to him. Somebody forgot to tell him that the game of football is not a big "pelada" (pick up game) as we say in Brazi.

14. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it takes him 4-5 more years to realize he sucks, it will take him at least 8 years too long.