Thoughts and News on Denílson

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by usain2010, Jul 26, 2002.

1. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    my opinion is that he is the most talented player in the world yet he doesnt fit a tactical system... DENILSON IS THE MAN!!!!!!

2. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    DENILSON IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD BY FAR... END OF DISCUSSION

3. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of agree. He may not be the most complete, but he is indeed exceptional. IMO, he is the lefty and modern version of Mane Garrincha (except for the nightlife) and I hope that he still can get the place he deserves on Brazil's football (wait for 2006... well, he went far enough in 2002.)

4. bolas

bolas New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    IN THE CARIBBEAN
    HE'S GREAT BUT HE DEFINATELY NEEDS TO KEEP
    AN EYE OUT FOR HIS TEAM MATES AND PASS THEM THE BALL ONCE HE HAS DRAWN OUT/UNBALANCED THE OPPONENTS DEFENCE WITH HIS AMAZING DRIBBLING SKILLS!!

5. ROM2

ROM2 New Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Add goal scoring to the above and we have the reasons why he'll never be considered a great player - he cannot be compared to Garrincha becos the latter had an end product to his antics albeit a goal or pass. But Dennilson wasn't always just an, I remember the Le Tournoi competition in 97 when he was unleashed on the world and I thought he was going to be one of the greatest - then he went into show business!

6. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could be a little more objective. As Garrincha he does always the same drible, but if he could pass instead of holding the ball all the time... I think he is nervous and wants to show the world how good he is. The day he organizes his play he will be a monster!

The problem is that time is running. Well, I hope he does well in Copa America and WW 2006.

7. Sao Taffarel

Sao Taffarel New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I like him - he reminds me of a true footballer: so carefree and still a little raw. He will only get better.

8. usain2010

usain2010 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    denilson is my hero

9. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    Denilson

my hero too

10. sparafucile2000

May 13, 2002
    Boston
    World Cup

He had a fantastic impact in the first Turkey game. Every time he touched it he embarrassed a Turkish defender, and also created 3-4 excellent scoring chances.

Unfortunately, after that it appeared his role was simply to protect a lead by dribbling out the clock. Since he was always substituted in, Brazil would generally be ahead at that time. His teammates wouldn't be attacking with him, and it would turn into the Watch Denilson Dribble show. I think he needs a couple more moves, though, because he never quite impressed as he did the first Turkey game.

He is indeed a different kind of player, but he will have to take his game to a more consistent level to be considered great. It's fine to be flashy, but you have to produce.

11. donj70

donj70 New Member

May 6, 2001
    Dennilson and Brazil

Hey Guys,
    haven't visited this board since the triumph in Japan-korea. My how I now wish I had read the posts around thetime of the world cup. I remember everyone being so down on Brazil during the qualifying. And then they go and win everything. Amazing.
    Anyho. I want to know what is happening to Dennilson. Is he stil with Betis and how is he playing?
    Regards,
    Don

12. Hagi

Hagi New Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Romania
    Denilson is the most amazing player in the world!

13. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thoughts on Denílson

I'd like to know what do you guys think should be done with Denílson. Of course he's a damn talented player and fun to watch, but I think he's not the ideal man to start playing for the NT. He's a good dribbler but is not a good finnisher or playmaker, and holds the ball too much. He's the proper player to sub in when you're winning the match and wants to keep the ball as much as you can and get fouled. Also his dribbling and plays to humiliate the adversaries are a good way to get on their nerves (see the Brazil x Turkey match of last WC) and if possible get one of them sent off.

But I wouldn't sub him in if I'm loosing the match, unless he can get fouled in a good position for a free kick or PK.

What do you guys think?

14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree and I think that's what Scolari figured out.

I'm not sure he'll get many more chances though with the players already ahead of him or coming up the ranks now.

15. Riotom9

Riotom9 Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Texas
    he's still got that special something that is great for big tournaments. hard not to call him in for places 18-23. just too damn versatile and talented. Robinho is great...I'll still take Denilson any day -for a few more years...

16. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    Denilson what is his future?

First of all what's up with him? I kinda lost track on his career...wasn't he injured for a long time? Also, do u guys think he will rejoin the national brazilian team or is his place in jeopardy? Also, I believe he was once worth about 35 million dollars and yet so far he hasn't lived up to the hype or expectations. Would you guys also agree that denilson is just a good ball dribbler and nothing more? Finally, do u think it would be better of Denilson left his club Real Betis and look for another club...it seems as though real betis doesn't have a lot of quality players to challenge real madrid, valencia, barca or even deportivo?

17. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Denilson

Does anyone know if he is injured and if so when he is expected back?

18. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Denilson

signed for some unknown Turkish team :eek:

Newly-promoted Turkish Super Lig outfit Vestel Manisaspor have pulled off a major transfer coup by securing Brazilian star Denilson on a season-long loan deal.

The winger joins from Real Betis where he had fallen out of favour with boss Lorenzo Serra Ferrer after struggling to overcome a series of injuries.

Vestel are owned by Zorlu, one of the largest corporations in the country, who provided the financial backing for the deal.

"Our talks with Real Betis went well and we've come to a positive result. Denilson is a gift from our honorary president Ahmet Nazif Zorlu," stated club spokesman Kenan Yarali stated.

"Denilson will be with us on loan for one season.

"There's also the option to loan him again for another season. Denilson will be coming to Manisa soon."

The shock move will disappoint a host of clubs who were looking to land Denilson including Santos, Cruziero and Sao Paulo in his homeland.

19. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: Denilson

Looks like the Turkish haven't forgotten the run Denilson gave them when 4 of their defenders chased him around the pitch. For me it was one of the magic moments of football.

20. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London

I still laugh to this day about that particular moment. I believe he had only just come on as a substitute as well.

21. cristianoronaldo17

cristianoronaldo17 New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    UC 201, nj

Show mw some highlight man please

22. jcmartins

jcmartins BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 22, 2005
    United States
    Can I be mean a little bit? It took three years for this thread to evolve into 20 posts..... And yall saying he's your hero, and this is supposed to ne news about him.. either the guy has no news or he's no one's hero here.. camon...

I think he's awesome.. he's realy very good, but yes he is a ball hog and he can't maintain the same game throughout a full match.... he's a second half reinforcement.. always been... however, definetely one of the best reinforcements in the world......

23. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    A big disappointment in my book. If only he knew and learned his timing of releasing the ball.
    It was so sickening watching him squander endless of otherwise excellent moves captioned by a rediculous mad dash the back line. Ball mostly taken away or end up out of play for a goal kick.
    I hoped he would be the next Pele, but in the end turned out a ball hog.

24. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    The Gazeta Esportiva site says he might be on his way to BORDEAUX! Where is that in Turkey?

25. brazil_forever

brazil_forever New Member

Jul 8, 2005