Those Going to B-ham, let's decide on a supporters section

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Caveat Lector, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Okay this thread is for supporters going to the Birmingham game to decide upon a "supporters section." It appears that Sam's Army is defunct so we're just going to have to do it on our own. If I am wrong about Sam's Army not organizing this match please let me know.

Here is a map of the seating layout:

http://www.ussoccer.com/schedule/content.sps?icustompageid=6681&itype=4166

I believe last time I saw a match there the supporters section was in the yellow "A, B, C, D, E" area on the north side.

So check out the link above and vote on a section you'd prefer to be the supporters section by color in the poll.

2. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Right on, although I think Nicodemus was working with the Bruno Sports Association of Alabama to secure a supporters section. Check with him to see if he has made any headway.

3. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Well that is good news. I just want to get my tickets already!

Okay I emailed Nicodemus. The post you are refering to is here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4010473&postcount=233

Perhaps we can use this poll to help clarify where people would want to congregate.

4. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I am trying to work with ussoccer on this as well.

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    behind the ********ing goal

6. squidward

squidward Guest

IIRC, the north side stands last time weren't assigned seating . The other sections, because they are seats not bleachers, had assigned seats.

Point is, not having assigned seats might help us group together if USSF or the local promoter doesn't block out seats for us.

If we all buy tickets in a blue zone then I'm pretty sure they'd be assigned seats and we might be rows apart.

7. ChasingBalls

ChasingBalls New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Tampa, FL, USA
    The supportor's for the National team have always been in the end zone. The only time when we we're there is when we go to games in Miami and we have a corner staked out for each game. I know that there are folks coming from the Tampa, Florida area and I'm planning on seating in the end zone. I like to stand and cheer and I don't want someone to tell me to sit down. If anyone is working with US Soccer, they need to make sure that we will be able to stand for the entire game and not have to sit down. Also, what about banners, are those allowed?

8. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    *** UPDATE ***

I should be in contact with USSF in the next week to arrange a supporters section. If you really want your tix now - go ahead and buy them. Otherwise, please wait till next week. I will post all info as I get it. Rishi

9. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    THANKS!!

Any word on which section will be allocated? I'm guessing the stands behind the goal (yellow)? This keeps our screaming away from those that uhm just don't get it.

10. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

no word yet, will likely be behind the goal though.

11. Bigdog

Bigdog New Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Gone Fishin'
    Just a FYI that USSF have set aside two endline sections near the player tunnel (over 600 seats) for U.S. Supporters. They should have info at www.ussoccerfan.com and mirrored www.sams-army.com early next week.

12. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just been told by my contact with Alabama Sport Foundation / Bruno Event Team (local promoter) that a supporter's section has been set aside. Details to follow shortly. It's already done, so no extra work required. :D

13. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    I just hope there are more supporters than the 16 who have responded to the survey above.

14. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Whiner. ;)

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    WTF do you need a survey for? The Yellow / North stand is Sam's Army !!

16. MD20/20

MD20/20 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Hampton Inn, mostly
    Sections A and B to be precise.

17. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    So I will be in the supporters section if I buy tickets in section A or B right now, or should I wait a bit?

18. MD20/20

MD20/20 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Hampton Inn, mostly
    That is my understanding, however what I was told is that US Soccer is handling the sale of those tickets. I have not checked to see if they are also available through TicketMaster.

19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to wait until early next week, then, based on what I'm reading here, until it's all ironed out before I get my tickets. This should be fun, though. I'm really looking forward to it.

20. hookemhorns25

hookemhorns25 Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Garland, Texas
    I tried several times last night but could not get TM to give me either of those sections. Not that that really means anything...

21. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Supporters' Section Tix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All, the info is finally here.

The Links below will allow you to purchase tickets in the SUPPORTERS' SECTION for the USA-Guatemala Match in Birmingham, AL on March 30, 2005.

Please check here for info and to access a web-based ordering form:

http://www.ussoccer.org/USAvsGuatemala/

Please check here for a fax or mail-in ordering form:

http://dps.twiihosting.net/USSF/doc...t/doc_6_199.pdf

Please keep in mind that orders must be submitted by Monday, March 7 by 12 noon CENTRAL Time.

Supporters' Section Tix will be in Sections A&B as shown here:

http://www.ussoccer.com/schedule/co...6681&itype=4166

GO USA!

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: Supporters' Section Tix

great info. I can't make it.... but give them hell!!
    rep for you :)

23. nysoccerfaninfl

nysoccerfaninfl New Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Panama City Florida
    So many weekday mathches it's a conspiracy to keep the working man down, not to metion a easter weekend :cool: