Thomas Müller VS Andre Schürrle

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Both players are kinda similar and i think its will be interesting to compare both in slightly more detail:

Schürrle currently play as a striker for Mainz. Even in a 2-strikers-formation, consider his partner can be Risse or Allagui sometiems, Tuchel does play him up at the very top. As a matter of fact, he isnt a bad finisher either.

Schürrle does play striker for Mainz and i think the situation is totally different to Thomas Müller, since Bayern Münich has a rather restrictive 1-striker-formation/system and they do have plenty of depth, given Klose n Mario Gomez are ahead at the lone striker position. I think Thomas Müller does have the quality/attributes but he certainly doesnt have such chance to be tested at CF.

Apparently, Bayern Münich's fans are less patient and tolerant towards their players too.

In contrast, Schürrle plays for Mainz (a smaller club) which do not have Bayern's bench depth; and Tuchel mostly play a 2-strikers-formation, that gives Schürrle plenty of chances to play up top. I think Schürrle's best position is as a supporting striker or a obsolete "trequartista" (e.g. Bergkamp, Roberto Baggio, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Stoichkov, Raul, Mutu, Robinho, Arshavin, Kujt...etc).

But if Loew does try a 4-4-2 for example, Mario Gomez and Schürrle up front does look like an interesting combination. Not sure about Thomas Müller at a striker position yet, since he has never been given a chance to play there.

Both Thomas Müller n Andre Schürrle are exciting prsoects though, no doubt about it.

Another interesting comparison will be between Schieber and Nils Petersen from Cottbus. I think Nils Petersen does not have Schieber's passing ability (even most of Schieber's assists came from saved shots), but from what i've seen from his game against FSV Frankfurt, Petersen is a great player with an allrounded game n good finishing ability. Petersen has decent technique and skills for a towering CF (dribbled through two defenders at a time inside the penalty box), can shoot well with both foot and is a good finisher. Schieber n Petersen will be intersting options at the CF for the NT, perhaps in the near future.

And i am pretty sure Nils Petersen won't be a 2BL player next season, he's very very good as a footballer

2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Muller is not a prospect, he is an established player who has already won major trophies and proved his class. He is a world class player by any comparison and a great asset for Germany.

3. Rodmaster

Rodmaster Member

Mar 1, 2006
    Aachen/Germany
    Müller in my eyes is a complete different player then Schürle, Müllers greatest strength is his of the ball movement. Guessing where he should be and where the ball is gonna be comes like second nature to him. He himself described it very well, in Interview with Süddeutsche Zeitung he said that he is a Space detector?(Raumdeuterer):D still need to work on his touches thou.

Schürrle off the ball movement while not so explicit like Müllers is nothing to sniff at either , but his greatest strength lies in his mind blowing pace with the ball on his feet and he has a great touch, better than Müller. I am sure Schürrle is a future Star in the Making, and maybe he will surpass Müller one day in Stardom, if he stays healthy the future looks bright for him, like so many players with Pace as their assets Schürrle is very Injury prone:( lets all hope he stays free of Injuries.:eek: