This year Juventus wins the Scudetto.

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by KingVicTwenty, Oct 21, 2004.

1. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic!

With this new player Juventus regains once more the prestigious accolade of Serie A's number one firm.

2. Big Roy

Big Roy Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Juve might do Champions League as well.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Inter has a good shot at Champion's League too

4. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars
    In CL Juve has played 3 games and won all of them. Okay only 1-0 you might say not too convincing but in CL this results are of vital importance. Also the group stage is now halfway complete and Juve has accumulated full point. Thus far job done.

Inter has also 9 points and an impressive scoring record. However it has a tendency to concede. In this sense Juve is better equipped for the knockout round when keeping the opposition from scoring is essentiall.

Finally Juve is the king in Serie A. All other contender are second best at best. Yes even inter!

5. Big Roy

Big Roy Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    Nothing would make me happier then to see Inter win either the Scudetto or Champions League. However, Inter has to play with more consistency mid-week before I’m convinced they’ll make it past the last eight.

As for Seria A, Juventus is off at such a torrid pace I don’t see any one catching them. Not that other teams, like Inter, haven’t lead most of the way only to choke at the end of the season. But with Juve playing such strong defense I really don't think that’s likely to happen even if they are struggling to put the ball in the net more then twice per match.

Does anyone know what odds the bookies in Italy are offering?

6. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I hate to make predictions, but Juve seem to have it. Even with Trez out and ADP barely coming back, we found a way to beat bayern this week. We are doing very well in Italy and in Europe. Of course the loss of Trez is a problem, one that needs a soultion. Either Zalayeta keeps scoring and playing well, or we're need another striker. But overall every juve fan has to be excited and happy from whats been going on.

The games against top opponents like Inter, Milan, and Roma will be the true test though, IMHO, whether its our title to lose this year.

7. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars
    Do not forget about Zlatan. For Ajax and Sweden he has always been a goal scoring machine. Okay he needs to adapt to serie A where defences are strong and impervious but as soon as he gets the feel for it he will be like a new weapon.

8. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It is still early days, but I must concede satisfaction with the way the Bianconeri are performing. The biggest difference from last term is that they are no longer shipping goals. It was very nice to hear that Del Piero bagged a brace versus Siena. Don't hold me to this, but I believe the last time he scored multiple goals in a game was at a snowy Delle Alpi on January 25th this year also against the small Tuscan outfit. Having a super-successful manager like Fabio Capello in charge of a born-to-win club like Juventus was always going to ensure a quick return to winning ways. Even at this early stage in proceedings, he appears to be the club's best summer signing. More of the same over the next few months will be appreciated indeed.