This one gave me a good laugh this morning

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by mst77, Aug 26, 2002.

1. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Tottenham are watching developments in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's proposed switch to Barcelona, according to The Sun and the Daily Star. Knowing that Chelsea need to raise cash, they will come in with a £7m bid for Eidur Gudjohnsen if Hasselbaink does not move to Spain.

Where do the tabloids get this stuff? It was almost enough to make me spit out my coffee. I guess Hod and the Spuds can now add Eidur's name to their list of "almost signed" players this season. That's high company with the likes of Rivaldo and Morientes.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Now that ranks right up there with the best of 'em.

For gods sake don't the editors at least look at these things for quality before printing.

3. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    You know what I'd like to see

On Chelsea TV (not that I get to watch it mind you)?

Trevor Birch standing over one of those large paper cheques they hand out to winners of golf tourneys and publishers clearinghouse sweepstakes. On it reads:

Pay to: Chelsea FC
    Amount: 7 million quid
    For: Eidur Gudjohnsen
    Signed: Tottenhom Hotspur FC

Then I'd like to see Bates standing over one that says

Pay to: Chelsea FC
    Amount: 10 million quid
    For: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    Signed: FC Barcelona

Then you know what I'd like to see? Both men unzipping and taking a long pi$$ on both of the cheques while laughing heartily. That's how I would want my Chairman and Chief Executive to respond to this crap we keep hearing about. Put an end to all of it once and for all.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Same ol Chelsea though..steadfastly refuse to comment on anything.