this makes for very good reading!

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by Woody_B, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Woody_B

Woody_B New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Kenilworth, Warks
    Harry Redknapp is set to become boss at west ham for a senond time,current chairman Terrence Brown will be bought out of the club cost 48.8 million by whistle and a number of businessman around London.Julian Dicks to be appointed as assistant manager.This was heard from a golf after party where julian dicks was competing in a pro match.

this was taken from http://www.football-rumours.com/dodgy.htm

2. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Four months to go until April 1.

3. Hammered45

Hammered45 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Northern Ireland
    I'm on bended knee right now. My class are looking very confused(and it's nothing to do with the algebra i'm trying to teach them!). However, i fear that this is another fairytale from the brothers grimm!!! £48.8m probably isn't enough for the money grabbing bar stewards that run WHUFC! Wouldn't it be great to see HR and JD back in the fold. I now we often criticised 'ol 'arry when he was here, but where have we gone since. Do you honestly think we'd be first division(sorry, championship omg!!) without cole, carrick, defoe, johnson etc if he were still here? I don't think so!!!
    Pete.

4. hammer_scout51

hammer_scout51 New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Michael Tabor is one of the financiers.

Woody i really really really hope upon hope it comes off.

Rid us of the vermin who are destroying our club.

However i'll believe it when and if it happens and i'm living in hope.

5. 15woodcroft

15woodcroft Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    'Arry would've sold em for some 30+ yr old europeans and a few agents kickbacks. On the bright side I'm sure he'd bring back the chip butty to the Chadwell Heath menu. ;)

Seriously though I think he would be good as part of a new ownership group as he understands the football side, but I don't think changing the manager is the answer to our problems (although JD on the staff would guarantee an honest performance from all the lads on the pitch).

The only answer to move forward is BROWN OUT!!!*

*The caveat is that no success is guaranteed regardless of who's in charge but at least we know 'Arry cares about the FOOTBALL club. Not sure I can say the same about the current regime.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Julian is back, he's put fear into every player..ours and theirs. If 'arry comes back, at least he'll be putting some of our money back in the club.

Please let this be true. Please.

7. Revs-West

Revs-West Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Does this have anything to do with the "bounce-back bonus" we'll lose if we don't go up this year? If we go through another talent sell-off to offset the financial debacle of the current system, WHU will be playing in my back-yard for no pay just to get free half-time orange slices. BROWN OUT!

8. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    This story sounds like I slipped and fell into OZ. I don't like the ideal of having heros, but if I did, Julian Dicks would be one of the names at the top of that list. A true talent and a true footballer, I grew up with him saving our asses and would love to see him back in some form or another.
    UP THE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunder-who????

9. TheNewOrleansHammer

TheNewOrleansHammer New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    New Orleans
    I just looked at the rumors site and this is what it said for Dec. 2:-

* ANTON FERDINAND TO TOTTNHAM FOR £5.8 MILLION, REO-COKER TO CHELSEA £10 MILLION*

I don't think this is a viable source, I don't want to upset anyone, just my opinion. Who (even Chelski) would pay half of these prices?

10. Sxboy66

Sxboy66 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm over here!
    Julian's put his pub up for sale so maybe he's freeing up some capital to invest. (Or maybe he's just had enough of the pub business)