This is why I love Noam Chomsky

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ted Cikowski, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    so old news, yeah, but I was re-reading it today in honor of my favorite terrorist Yassir Arafat.

http://www.leftwatch.com/articles/2002/000068.html

"writing an introduction to a book by an anti-Semite named Robert Faurisson who denied that the Holocaust took place, that Hitler’s gas chambers existed, that the diary of Anne Frank was authentic, and that there were death camps in Nazi occupied Europe. He claimed that the "massive lie" about genocide was a deliberate concoction initiated by "American Zionists" and that "the Jews" were responsible for World War II. Chomsky described these and other conclusions as "findings" and said that they were based on "extensive historical research." He also wrote that "I see no anti-Semitic implication in the denial of the existence in gas chambers or even in the denial of the Holocaust." He said he saw "no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson’s work"

2. NSlander

NSlander Member

Feb 28, 2000
    LA CA
    Lemme guess, you'd never even heard the name "Noam Chomsky" until somebody suggested he'd be a useful bogeyman, right?

"Faurisson's conclusions are diametrically opposed to views I hold and have frequently expressed in print (for example, in my book Peace in the Middle East?, where I describe the Holocaust as "the most fantastic outburst of collective insanity in human history"). But it is elementary that freedom of expression (including academic freedom) is not to be restricted to views of which one approves, and that it is precisely in the case of views that are almost universally despised and condemned that this right must be most vigorously defended. It is easy enough to defend those who need no defense or to join in unanimous (and often justified) condemnation of a violation of civil rights by some official enemy."

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/articles/8010-free-expression.html
    http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/science_fair_projects_encyclopedia/Faurisson_Affair

3. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, you agree with Chomsky when he wrote:
    "I see no anti-Semitic implication in the denial of the existence in gas chambers or even in the denial of the Holocaust."

4. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    There's a big difference between defending someone's RIGHT to speak his views as opposed to actually cheerleading the content of those repugnant views. I seriously doubt that any of the ACLU supporters who defended the right of the American Nazi Party to march in Skokie, IL were in agreement with the actual rhetoric and slogans of the Nazis. Chomsky, by writing a forward in Faurisson's book, gave the appearance of endorsing Faurisson's VIEWS. I know that Chomsky denies this after the fact, but the placement of his writing gave the appearance of being Faurisson's champion rather than being merely a First Amendment supporter.

5. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    More than 15 million innocent Russians died fighting the Hun, how come we always hear about the only 6 million? At least the Russians that died, went down fighting, not like sheep.

6. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of anti-semitic....

7. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    That's not very open-minded.

8. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Guess what, read this:
    http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/articles/8010-free-expression.html
    and find the above phrase, I couldn't find it then I used my computer's "find text on page function" and I still couldn't find it. In his op-ed Alan Dershowitz is guilty of one of the most intellectualy dishonest things I have ever seen. No where in Chomsky's preface does he write the above phrase that Dershowitz
    makes it seem that he does. This is the section:

"My next encounter with Chomsky revolved around his writing an introduction to a book by an anti-Semite named Robert Faurisson who denied that the Holocaust took place, that Hitler's gas chambers existed, that the diary of Anne Frank was authentic, and that there were death camps in Nazi occupied Europe. He claimed that the "massive lie" about genocide was a deliberate concoction initiated by "American Zionists" and that "the Jews" were responsible for World War II. Chomsky described these and other conclusions as "findings" and said that they were based on "extensive historical research." He also wrote that "I see no anti-Semitic implication in the denial of the existence in gas chambers or even in the denial of the Holocaust." He said he saw "no hint of anti-Semitic implications in Faurisson's work," including his claim that "the Jews" were responsible for World War II. He wrote an introduction to one of Faurisson's book which was used to market his anti-Semitic lies."

where did Chomsky write any of things Dershowitz quotes from him, certainly not in his "introduction". Read the intro and see for yourself.

9. The Wanderer

The Wanderer New Member

Sep 3, 1999

Chomsky, such a brilliant linguist but the guy's political views just didn't connect with anything---totally lost in left field.

10. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What would you know about open-mindedness?

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    ******** you. I don't think I've ever seen a single post on these threads that's offended me as much as this ********ing post ever did. Like sheep? Like bleeding sheep? ******** you. Hard. With a dick the size of the corpses from Auschwitz.
    I have pictures of my grandmother digging ditches for the defense of Moscow in 1941. My great uncle was wounded at Konigsberg. And you know what? They weren't exterminated. They got lucky. I have a side of my family that no longer exists. Its just gone. Because they were unlucky enough to have sheep.

I hope you and your family get dropped into Darfur. After being painted black.

12. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Was he ever really lost in the first place?

13. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I think you mean found.

14. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Relax, re-read the thread title, turn your satire meter on, then re-read my post-I was doing an impression of Chomsky, the great liberal.

I may not be a hook-nose, but my grandpa was a POW in Russia until 1951, kept as prison labor in Siberia 6 years after the war was over in order to help build the commie house of cards.

15. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    But you're not anti-Semitic. Let me echo Nicephoras' sentiments:

******** you.

16. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Yup. Decided to call his kike ass a name after I was name called by him several posts earlier. I thought you jews never forget.

17. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    So you still don't understand?

1. Thread about Chomsky talking matter-of-factly about Holocost not happening
    2. Me make post making fun of Chomsy's dumb liberal arse.
    3. Dumb liberal doesn't see this blatant Chomsky-ism, because he too hysterical of a ***.
    4. He call me many many names
    5. Me call 'em hook-nose back in response to many many bad things said against me
    6. Because you Catholic, you understand anti-semitism. There logic for you.
    7. You post and delete above quote, perhaps reconsiderinig to silence yet another Republican on this oh so open-minded liberal board. Yet you name-call as well. Both you and Nic name call far worse than my Chomsky-ism joke.
    8. Me like Jews, see I am dumb Republican. Me hate the Palestinians. Liberals are the anti-semites.

18. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Be sure to add me to that list, you chicken-hearted, gutless, candy-assed little growth of cuntal cancer.

19. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread some puke and defecation (not to mention grammar and punctuation instruction) around before shoving it up in 1953 4-2-4 again.

Remember who you are, who you've represented yourself to be, when whatever demon God you express faith in comes to measure your soul.

20. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just call me the Reputation Bomb; I've exploded all over this thread.

Cikowski, for spreading disinformation and ignorance and hate of a man, in Chomsky, who brings the fullness of his mind to challenge POWER, for all of us. You've comported yourself in the same way as disingenuous, disinformative brownshirts shilled for the Nazis, and you are the genesis of all this invective, through simple lies and spin and hate. We notice this, and call you to task directly for it.

Wanderer, for demonstrating her/his OWN diminutive stature by trying to render smallish Chomsky's body of work, which will outlast us all; when the future anthropoligists of the world want to understand the world today, and how forces are aligned to shape world events, they'll look to Chomsky.

When they want to laugh, they'll look to any copy of Hannity's work, or Wanderer's posts. They spring from the same perfect ignorance, willful self-deceit, and fascist, hateful, murderous, gluttonous, whorish nationalism.

4-5-4, for well, just being herself.

This thread must die now.

21. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Chomsky would make the perfect Kapo. I could be wrong, but then again, so could you (hard to imagine, isn't it?).

22. Mel Brennan

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm wrong everyday, but not on this one. Then again, I might be wrong.

23. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mel Brennan again

24. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Satire? Satire? It takes a hell of a lot to make me slip into anything resembling PC. And this went waaaaaay past it.
    Fvck you. Again.

25. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why do some ppl fear Chomsky?