This is the end

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 27, 2003.

1. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    3rd,

Excellent report as always. This offseason is going to be quite interesting and the new coach is going to earn his money. What I really like about the Burn is we have a number of young Americans contributing. Maybe we can add a few more talented young Americans.

Bill

3. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good young american players are very valuable. You can see how the demand and desire for youg P-40 players of youth national teams has risen over the years. Between roster rules, protected status, upside, and length of career this kids are worth too much to pass up.

4. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    I too liked your article. Man you write quick ;)

But I was surprised at your comment that Toni is both expensive, and perhaps may not be back. I thought you were told months ago that he was not expensive. Now you've learned otherwise.

Is is true that you were once told "he's not a top dollar player" and then later found out otherwise? Or do I remember incorrectly?

With both Jason's maybe getting on the field, EJ getting better, Ali, and a likely discovery coming, I do not think they should keep such a high dollar player who 1-shows up out of playing shape, 2-did not score more goals than Bobby Rhine.

Note: he had more assists, but had only one fewer starts than Rhine.

5. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Toni would not be expensive to buy (his buyout, per 3rd degree, is just $50,000), but he is making $200,000 which is too much for a guy of his marginal talent.

6. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you remember incorrectly.

What I found out in the past, which I have posted and you may be recalling, was that his PURCHASE was cheap. Roughly $50,000 if you want to buy him on Dec 1. Right now Toni is on loan.

We have always known he was 'expensive' in contract terms since he was a SI instead of a TI. Best information I can get, and believe me I have asked very directly, is a relative range for Toni from some of my sources. The number I have recently gotten form a couple people is in the area of $150,000 per season. Which by my terms is expensive.

Maybe I was not clear enough by what I meant in the article.