This has gotta be a record

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by WarriorSoccer, Dec 21, 2005.

1. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    From what I have seen, or well heard, Landon Donovan must have said ********** Yeah on ESPN channels more than any other person in the history of the networks. We all know the infamous ********** Yeah after 9-3-05. But has anyone noticed what happens after Berhalter tells him that they are through after the poland game? He gives him a hug and yells out another ********** Yeah. Does anyone else find this a little scummy of him to do after big matches? Its one thing to be excited but another to be so vulgar with all the cameras around. I sat down and rewatched the Poland game for the first time with my parents and it wasn't something that any of us wanted to hear while hanging out after a long semester of not seeing each other.

Just a little rant. I know the US players don't have a problem with playing dirty in the game and take pride in that, but I would like to see them conduct themselves a little more maturely after a win.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I hope we see many more ******** yeahs in the future from Landon.

4. WarriorSoccer

WarriorSoccer Member

Nov 3, 2005
    I hope he can say alot more too, hopefully under his breath, but I just think it reflects poorly on US Soccer as a whole.

5. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    If people didn't curse we wouldn't have war of poverty.

6. GOOOOAL!!

GOOOOAL!! New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Doesn't bother me. We tell our 3 year old there is normal language and "soccer" language that only gets used at games. Even she gets it.

It's not like it's a constant stream of obsenities, or spoken in anger towards another player. It's just an expression.

When LD puts his 3rd past Cech, I hope he runs up to the on field mic, picks it up and the whole world gets to hear it!

USA.............. ********** Yeah!

7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a difference between ********** Yeah and Mothertrucker, which is usually directed towards someone. I don't see a problem with it. If he had been caught yelling something to the effect of "take that mothertruckers", then I whince and say he should be careful.

8. The Big Ticket

The Big Ticket New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    MN -> UIUC
    I don't know, I always use the golden rule:

"If Dick Cheney said the word in question at a public event, it's OK to say it."

So nothing wrong with that I guess.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Warrior Soccer. I understand what you are saying, but honestly this is a non-issue. So many times players curse during the game, all the adrenaline flowing and with passion in their bodies wanting to win and hoping to move on to the next round. I personally have no problems with Landon Donovan screaming **** yeah.

Honestly does that make him any less of a player? I bet David Beckham curse out alot when he plays for both Real Madrid & England. But once these players are composed and calm, they will be respectful enough to do an interview or give post match comments.

So like I said, this is really a non-issue. I mean when Youri Djorkaeff plinked that subtle goal off the near goal post and into the net at the opening of Pizza Hut Park I was the first to scream "OH WHAT A ****'EN GOAL!"

So if it works for Landon, hell it works for me too.

10. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** Yeah!

11. Steel Keeper

Steel Keeper Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    America **** yeah, coming to save the mother ******* day yeah. Freedom is the only way yeah. America ****yeah. The Alamo **** yeah. Band-aids, **** yeah, Las Vegas **** yeah, Christmas **** yeah, Immigrants **** yeah, Columbine **** yeah, Democrats**** yeah, Republicans **** yeah, Sportsmanship, Books

I think Lando was just quoting everyone's favorite patriotic movie. Team America: World Police.

12. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

13. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    ... wow. Some guys will just never ********ing win.

For example... say Landon Donovan manages to score the goal that puts the USA through to the next round in one of the most difficult gropus in this World Cup. He hollars '******** yeah' afterwards. The moment is forever ruined because he used 'bad language'... oh the shame. :D

14. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quality movie.

******** yeah

15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will personally instruct Landon to use "golly gee willakers" after each important match.

16. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Gee thanks.. You're super...
    I'll go watch "Leave it to Beaver" now and get some neato word ideas for you! :)

17. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Landon ******** YEAH.
    Kasey Keller ******** YEAH.
    DMB ******** YEAH.
    Grown Ass Man ******** YEAH.

....******** YEAH!

18. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be keen! After the Czech game, we can all go out for malteds!

19. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    repped!