This deserved to be read by our Hinchada Tejana

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by CeltTexan, Aug 23, 2006.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D.C.U. has since season 1 set the standard for the relationship that is understood the world over for the pro player-die hard supporter mutual connection.

Their Barra Brava sings is Spanish and English. They have the Championships and players to stand tall about. They have taken a Cup from a Brazilian side. It was them that I have followed closely as our nations Div-I domestic league grew year after year.

Read here. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/grant_wahl/08/23/dc.united/index.html

Here in Houston we didn't have to try to sing in Spanish and English...it happened cuz that's who we are as a people. I am very proud about our unique Tex-Mex history that is found in our culture. Here's to our massive success as a first year Hinchada and our quick coming together of many faces from many places.

Y'all D.C.U. die hards are to be acknowledged by this article from Grant Wahl. But who's got the best Supporters Club in MLS??? Houston is up for the crown and we have just begun to fight!

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    That was a good read, I think we've gotten off to a good start and it's only going to get better with time.

The article also made a good point about scouting South America for young talent that can help a team, it seemed kind of just thrown in there but was worth reading anyway.

3. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the part about the mosh pit at half time... One day - soon! - we will have the numbers to that as well.

4. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can beat them! lol

We are from Texas and they are from the north....they are born to be outdone by Texans along with FU Dallas!

I can only pray and wait till we have 200 members strong at a game...lthey will talk about that through the ages!

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we have plenty more than 200 sir, that's people that were there tailgating few hours before game while Grant was hanging out ;)