News: "This could be my proudest season" - Wenger

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by DaPrince84, Apr 14, 2009.

1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How has Senderos played for Milan? Has he gotten many games for them? If he's learned something, he could be good. He'll never be able to deal with the likes of Torres and Drogba, but he can deal with just about everyone else.

2. jhbgunner

jhbgunner New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Johannesburg
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that fan actually said that after we had just won at the bridge? did he really have nothing better to say? i have my suspicions that that fan was a certain martin daoust :eek:

i agree with phishy - gallas out! he's been great but he's a source of great discontent in the dressing room (if kolo left because of him i wouldv'e been devastated). i say we bring a little piece of home back to london in the form of raul albiol (valencia def need the money)...

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    so much discontent that we havent lost since November?

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. UncleMike

UncleMike New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    "Our coach is better than your coach"... even on the dance floor!

A far cry from his season-long "Man of One Face" Joe Torre impression!

Next up, Dancing With the Stars?

6. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because Wenger essentially silenced him.

7. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    well he had an interview where he said he will see out his contract...

but even if Wenger silenced him, still does not show that he has been a source of discontent since he was stripped of the armband...

and because he has shut up and played at a top class level, doesnt mean he needs to be sold either

8. blueguitar322

blueguitar322 Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [spoken in strong, slow, Wenger-ish French accent] I don't know, it seems to me he does not have the technical quality to succeed at that level.

9. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure the person you quoted was saying that Gallas has been a source for discontent in the locker room prior to being stripped of the captain's armband.

Which he clearly was.

10. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    and he hasnt since and has been at or near world class levels for our defense... why sell him? especially since he doesnt want to leave

11. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not suggesting we sell him...

Now I'm drawng a blank, but I think my inital argument with you was that Gallas HAS been our achillies heel so to speak...before the armband was taken away.

I'm pretty sure the other day, somewhere around here I said that I would be content with Gallas seeing out his contract, but that's as far as I want it to go. After next season it's time to move on and I imagine the man to completely replace him is Djourou.

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    you have some "stalker" issues with this guy dude...
    i'd be afraid if i was bill.

13. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    you have some "stalker" issues with this guy dude...
    i'd be afraid if i was bill.

maybe you just loved chelsea, and followed him to arsenal..

14. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Unless he learned how to win a foot race, I am afraid that his will be SOL.

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    The way Xabi Alonso has been playing, don't you wish the Xabi-to-Arsenal deal had gone through last Summer?

17. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    tbf, if I have stalker issues with Gallas, Ive learned it from you... since you follow me into every thread ;)

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    petit has a small point

if we kept flamini i think wed be a good 10 points better off

20. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    im not even sure you can say that tho... he was apart of the problems... but lack of form, injuries, and inexperience were also our downfall... and he has been part of the solution as well...

we as fans always try to find a scapegoat when things are going wrong... when its really a confluence of issues that came to a head when Gallas made his statement... Gallas opening his mouth up did not help, but since the Man City match, we have not lost...

the original discussion tho, was that Gallas has been a source of discontent and thus should be sold... but I dont know how we can still carry on saying this considering the team's form since the incident and the fact that he has been complimented by Almunia, Adebayor, Sagna, and Wenger as being a great professional since... and why sell a guy who is playing very well and does not want to leave

21. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    i imagine i could say the same thing bout you. :rolleyes:
    thats really all you got? disappointed.

22. jhbgunner

jhbgunner New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Johannesburg
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    so much discontent that toure nearly left. i applaud his subsequent professionalism but the fact that he and toure publicy air their dislike of each other doesnt sit well with me. i agree you don't have to be best mates with every guy on the team, but seeing eye to eye is preferable. my allegiance lies wholly with toure. to hand in a transfer request is not enough for you to see that he creates discontent??

23. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if a player is handing in a transfer request because of another player, then maybe the player who is handing in he transfer request should look at themselves in the mirror and ask why is he allowing that player to force him out the club

it was, and still is, weak on Kolo's part to have done that... especially considering how how below standard he had been playing for the club at for about 18 months or so...

as long as they are seeing eye to eye on the pitch, then thats all we as fans should care about... and thats all the players should care about...

24. jhbgunner

jhbgunner New Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Johannesburg
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    so you think kolo should be taking a deeper look at himself in the mirror over that? unless you know exactly what happened between them i'm not sure you can say this... at very least i hope you are not suggesting that kolo lacks love for arsenal?

i don't see how his form has anything to do with it? so because he wasn't playing his best he doesn't love the club anymore, or what you meaning by that?

and i disagree that thats all we fans should care about. we should always be hoping that our manager is looking to improve the team in all facets. i'm not sure if you've played any team sports, but if you have you'll surely know the effect of a "cancer" in the changing room. its all well and good when you are winning and playing well to see eye to eye on the field. but its a very fickle thing, that when you have a slump can easily become bitching in the change room and fractures in team spirit. don't get me wrong, no team is ever gonna have the perfect "brady bunch"/everyone gets along with everyone (nauseously so) spirit, but spirit is what makes the great teams - remember the invinvibles and the togetherness that was just so plain to see in post goal team hug celebrations

25. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if, as a professional, you are letting someone get under your skin to the point that you are willing to leave, i cant say for sure how much love you have for the club, or how much inner strength you have in yourself... it was a cowards move...

that is not at all what I was saying... not even close... my point was about how weak he is to allow Gallas to 'force' him out the club like that, especially when his form was so poor... Kolo was weak there... nothing to do with his supposed love for the club, and everything to do with Kolo being weak...

like the Yankees in the 70s?

like the Bulls during the 2nd 3 peat?

like how Roy Keane and Eric Cantona hated each other?

the term cancer is the biggest bullshit term in sports... as long as guys can play well on the pitch, thats all that matters... we shouldnt care if Kolo and Gallas are having dinner together or not...

by your reasoning, we should have sold Adebayor last year after he headbutted Bendtner... but I doubt you would want that...