They Needed a Minivan but Got a Gio: Reyna at Nottingham Forest (Olf Borussia Dortmund)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jond, Dec 6, 2017.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I think he would be an immediate upgrade over RLC at Milan, but I doubt Milan feels that is an area they need to worry about since RLC has glossed over his deficiencies as an a-mid with six goals this season. Does anyone really believe Reyna wouldn't have more than 7 combined goals and assists as the 10 at Milan? And no, RLC does not play more/better defense than Reyna.

Roblar and MayaDempsey repped this.
  2. Roblar

Roblar Member+

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    Plus, we would get the necessary three Yanks at AC Milan, enough to ensure their relegation by 2025! :p

superdave and FC Tallavana repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Terzic is Dortmund thru and thru, as I see it. The way they played at home yday v. Atleti is what Dortmund wants. They are into the semi finals of the UCL ffs.

4. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Good point.

My view of Reyna in Italy is that he could play well for most teams there because he is a technical player if nothing else. The reason I didn't mention Milan is that I think they are looking to replace Giroud and solidifying the midfield but I don't know how Pioli looks at 'solidifying' the midfield. It's a bit of potluck atm if you ask me, apart from Reindeer. I think Pioli was interested in Aaronson before he got expensive and went to Leeds.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just to add to above:

I forgot Milan's backup to giroud is Okafor who is really good - he played with Aarsonson at Salzburg - but a slightly different player than Giroud because he isn't a real build up/physical box guy like Giroud. Not sure if this makes Gio more or less attractive to Milan when Giroud leaves this summer (as expected/rumored).

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It does mean something, though. It means that they aren't entertaining the idea even though they should. I understand he can piss someone off and get fired, that's the same at any job. My point is that BVB should absolutely be unhappy with this season BuLi and Pokal results and looking for a better option as opposed to confirm that Terzic will stay through 2025.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The main reason Terzic is there is because he was a cheap option and Dortmund is very careful with their expenditures.

His contract runs until the summer of 2025, and if they want him to leave voluntarily, it's not a good plan to be talking in public about wanting to get rid of him.

8. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So it's Reyna's fault, not Terzic's then?? :whistling::whistling::whistling:

9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
  10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Subbed out in 53rd minute.

11. metnostar

metnostar Member

Jun 28, 2001
    A feeble effort from Nottingham so far, down 2-0 in the 80th. Reyna was the first sub out early in the second half. He never really got involved in the game. It would be unfair to blame him for the team's collective failure

12. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    Big match!
    Renya created 2-3 attacking opportunities in the box. Sent the potential hockey assist for the close shot on goal that Pickford saved and distributed a few other attacking opportunities. Not sure what else would constitute getting into the game but the narrative is the narrative.

mattjens, McKenniesWeah, Winoman and 4 others repped this.
  13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    That's Everton safe for another season.

Forest OTH are in real trouble. Luton have faded - having 11 players injured will have that effect - but Burnley are in form.

Just 3 points separating 19th and 17th

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 5, 2001
    At some point, you have to take responsibility to score. Otherwise you're just busy riding like Weah or Musah.

15. nbarbour

nbarbour Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Reyna was very good. One don try ended players on NF with vision, and he helped create a few good chances. He also found himself open in space at the top of the box a couple of times but wasn’t found. Again, he seems to be one of the few NF players that can see the field around him. The team looked worse once he exited.

16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017

Does the PL just fine the whole club for a tweet like this?

Dervos, tomásbernal, DCU1984 and 3 others repped this.
  18. nbarbour

nbarbour Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Warranted, in my opinion. And if the VAR truly is a Luton fan…

tomásbernal and Winoman repped this.
  19. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes you van believe this internally but shouldn't tweet it. I believe Ashley Young did pull ofg a hand ball btw.

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  20. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to be unbiased, but looks like Gio should have been awarded a PK there. Defender kicked through him (and made contact) to get the ball.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Last game could be veeery interesting...

(realistically, NF will not get anything v Citeh, obviously have a shot - and need to take it - v Sheffield, and I doubt lightning strikes twice v. Chelsea, tho who knows. Assuming NF get full point v Sheffield, Burnley will have to pip at least one of Spurs, ManU or NUFC and then beat Forest. Will be interesting.)

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He's being smart. If he were dazzling out there, he'd have a broken leg already.

EPL releg battles are NOT for finesse players. They're brawls.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Man, if the allegation is true, it has PGMOL looking more foolish than usual. That said, I'm kinda with @comoesa on this one... even if it is true, you don't address it via Twitter, ESPECIALLY when you have a pending appeal hearing for the points reduction on Wednesday. Obviously this tweet shouldn't impact that hearing, but... I mean... just not great timing.

24. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    The extended arm by young in the box was a penalty. Similar one given in the FA cup game today and young’s arm was even more outside his body. I wouldn’t have ruled Gigi’s move a penalty because it was a 50/50 ball to me.

25. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    Looks like a pen, but Reyna oversold it, reacted like he'd just been shot, could be construed as a flop, and maybe that was a factor in the VAR official not overturning the non-call.

tomásbernal repped this.