The WUSA Sex Card

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Ludahai, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
  2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Someone stuffed the ballot box. :rolleyes::D

3. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    hmmmmm. Wonder who?

4. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    The WUSA sent a media guide to Playboy?!

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Trust me. It wasn't me but some of us know who did it. If I was stuffing the ballot box Mia woulda won.

6. g4m

g4m New Member

Oct 28, 2000
    New Jersey
    im mixed on this...yes it gets people in the door, a certain cute blonde basketball player got me into the WNBA after all. but you gotta primarily mix that in with the fact that they can play the GAME or you look like anna who i dont really consider an athlete.

WUSA is really walking the tightrope here...really morgan is trying to go to far...luckly the players dont seem to be going as far as morgan would like.

as i said before morgan is not someone im a fan of.

7. bison

bison New Member

Nov 29, 2000
    New England
    old news - the ajc is trying to sell papers with sensationalistic headlines.

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From the latest WUSA Insider newsletter:

9. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sex appeal gets you attention - you must keep it

Our beautiful, athletic ladies are fun to look at and fun to imagine what they might look at in other circumstances. I'm happy that these women can be my daughter's role models. Sex appeal gets you plenty of attention. Nothing wrong with flaunting what you've got. But to keep the attention of the public, you have to earn their respect and keep them interested and keep them invovled. That comes by putting a good product on the field. Period.

I've got nothing wrong with WUSA flauting its beauty, so long as the focus is on the product, not the wrapping.

(Dude! My 100th post!)

10. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    The unfortunate thing is that Mitts is an excellent player, but the pulchritude thing gets in the way sometimes. Take, for example, the play that led to the goal that sent the Freedom to FC2. Mitts was the defender in front of Gerardo as she took the game-winning pass from Jacqui Little.

Mitts had enough time to take perhaps one more step to cut down the angle and block the shot, but if you look, she turns her whole torso, almost as if she was afraid of getting hit by the ball in a place where those modeling contracts really count (nose, orbital bone, etc).