The worst tax of all

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Fanaddict, Jan 3, 2006.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you've gone and PROVED you have no idea what "neo-con" means.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, you're being stupid.

As has been pointed out, the portion of your taxes that go to schools are NOT a user fee.

3. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ
    Contrary to his opinion about Neo-Cons, it is guys like StupidTrooper who make world peace impossible.

I'd comment further, as a conservative, I must go steal food from babies, steal from the poor to give to the rich, and go to a secret meeting of corporate CEO's to try and figure out how we are going to make us richer, at the expense of the less fortunate.

Paul

4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget your machine gun :)

5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you guys take care of oppressing women and minorities at the last meeting?

6. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    That's on next month's agenda...

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, we were busy trying to find a way to turn baby seals into gasoline for our oversized SUVs. Oppression and bundt cake are next week.

8. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ
    Yeah. That was easy. See, it's easy to differentiate between "us" and those not "us." Once the word get's out to all of "us" women's salaries stop going up, minorities continue to have broken or "misleading" voting machines. Want to vote for Jesse Jackson as Pres? Feel free, but we mapped all votes for him to Lyndon LaRouche. Makes them look like crack-pots.

Matt, you should know better, we only support guns in so far as they continue to be used to plague the inner cities.

I think the meeting after this is trying to figure out how we can destroy the environment. We've hired the captain of the Exxon Valdez to help us with strategery.

Paul

9. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    Hey you piece of *********, was it liberals or conservatives that came up with the idea to invade Iraq? Who are the people getting ready to bomb Iran? Are Wolfowitz and Rummy conservatives or liberals? It's ********ers like you who make world peace impossible. *******

10. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    You know why garbage collection was privatized? Because conservative ********s like you turned over the public service to a private industry because it was cheaper! You know why it's cheaper? Because instead of paying them at least a partcially, and I stress partically, livable wage like the state was obligated to do along with an ok benefits program and pension, the private industry cut salaries and benefits. Actually, they have illegal immigrants picking up trash through a sub-contracting company becuase I was out there this morning watching them. There's your ********ing polite response.

11. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    Their ultimate goal with SS is to abollish it. They won't try to say something like that now, but it's their view that SS isn't solvent, mostly because of the conservative's miss management of it over the years.

12. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for making my job easy

13. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    You're welcome, ******!

14. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ
    StupidTrooper,

We discussed the invasion of Iraq in one of our meetings of the Neo-Con cabal. We had so much fun with Afghanistan, we wanted something else to do. You should hear our plans for Canada.

Let's be honest here. You are a moron.

I would suggest that you breath into the bag before you hyperventilate.

Paul

15. SuperTrooper

SuperTrooper Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
    Oz
    And you can go ******** yourself, too. Since I'm about to be banned anyways. ********ing baiting mods.

16. Pmoliu

Pmoliu New Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Princeton, NJ
    I think you forgot to take your court-ordered meds today. Must mean the neo-con cabal meeting we had to deprive people of the prescription drugs worked like a charm.

Paul

17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at posts 108-110, it's worse than I thought. Clearly, there are 3 different VRWCs going on.

SuperTrooper, are you psychologically disturbed?

18. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    WAIT a second! You guys got argued out of the conservative playbook. Whatever happened to all those complaints about politically correct education and the need for core curriculum, etc. Am I imagining that William Bennett, Danesh D'zousa (sp?) et al. are conservatives?

19. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Core Curriculum sucks and Bennett and D'sousa are suckers

20. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Flexibility would be brought to the system. If you have a school set up for those kids who show desire/potential for science/math, you're going to naturally spend less time on history and geography, both of which can learned later without much detriment, while early science/math training at young age is quite critical to their development in these areas. each school will be able to decide their own 'core' curriculum, depending on the needs/desires of the students.
    if you want a politically correct education, you can send your kid to a school offering one.
    again, I'll echo matt...bennett dzousa are a bit worthless.

21. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    I realize I'm about to sound as shrill as Super Trooper here, but I cannot believe these arguments. Matt, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and credit your argument to the fact that you have kind of a hands off world view.

Wingtips, on the other hand, who has praised conservative corporate values to extremes has just tipped his hand as to what a gutless wonder he really is. The only basis for a conservative arguing for different educational tracks is the cynical and cold-hearted view that some people just don't need a good education. What Wingtips is really advocating is that he prefers poor people to receive poor educations, so they can be kept in their place.

Look, if you want to be a real conservative, the least you can do is claim that if we give everybody the opportunity to learn the same core education then if they fail to learn and get ahead it's their fault. You don't even want to be bothered with having equal standards. Your disguise is too thin.

Just bookmark this thread if you want to see the real contempt that Wingtips has for any American that's not upper middle class or better.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a couple of his most outrageous, hateful, unAmerican comments sigged for a while.

23. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    No, we should just give them an appropriate education for their circumstance. For instance, the nutritional value of cat and dog food. How long a tuna sandwich stays good in a dumpster on a hot day, that kind of stuff.

Math is essential, up to the point that they can understand what "80 proof" means

24. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel guilty about it.......but I admit.....I laughed at this.

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    so you are telling me that a kid attending a public school in Harlem right now is receiving the same education as a kid in Greenwich? if so, then your argument is correct.

if there is one thing you should know about me (since you claim to know so much), it is that I value education above all else. It is the only consistent driver of mobility in this country. Under a private system, the quality of the education would not suffer as it does now. competition will keep that from happening. this will allow the kids from Harlem access to a better education than the one they are currently receiving.

and please show me where I said I want poor people to 'be kept in their place'. I would love to see the uneducated in this country have the opportunity to attend college or learn a skill/trade and advance themselves. I would love to see nobody living in poverty, but I'm not going to spend my time and energy helping them when I have pressing issues of my own.

I have no contempt for the people of this country who genuinely work hard, provide a valuable service/skill and contribute to society in a positive manner. I simply don't cry when an unskilled textile worker loses their job to somebody in malaysia who is willing to do the work for 1/30 of the Americans pay.