The "What can we do better?" thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Feb 13, 2007.

1. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good call.....the leadership group is failing miserably.

We are all in the same boat on the watch party situation. Based on how things have gone for the first three watch parties, I'm not exactly sure what you see as the failings of the leadership group? The situation thus far has been very poor, but it has been out of our hands. As I noted in another thread, things involving the watch parties are being worked on and hopefully more information will be forthcoming.

Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard for a few minutes.

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    First off, that's not what I said so get off your cross. I've said multiple times now that it's a combination of factors that's gotten us here, and was blaming the FO for relying on the Cauldron and last second posts on BS to drive all the turnout.

Second. Where the Cauldron goes for a watch party and what kind of turnout we get from our group has always been in our hands. You expecting someone to do this for us?

3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I am going to have to agree with jeff on this one. Haven't seen alot of effort from leadership group on this one. There may be things in the works but we are six games into the season and the 4th road game (watch party) is upon us. Haven't really seen anything.

4. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Help us out here. What is it you would like to see? IIRC, there have been official watch parties from the Wizards for all of the road games, so I assume it is not truly a logistical issue. Is it how we (the Cauldron) are advertising them? Would you like to receive an email blast specific to the watch party? A big, bold paragraph on the home page? From the website and comm standpoint, I'll do whatever people think will help. As long as I know about the watch parties ahead of time from the FO, I can get info out.

That said, let me say that constantly spamming people with info will not necessarily increase attendance if people are just not going to go. The kickaround is a shining example of this. Chris sent out a weekly reminder for that and week after week the same few people would show up. I'm not sure that lack of knowledge of the event is the issue. Maybe I'm missing what the issue is...but I'd sure like to know.

Ideas speak louder than complaints.

5. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    That is a start. Update the upcoming events on the website . post a myspace bulletin. send out a weekly events reminder to the cauldron email list. See if you can get some door prizes from the FO. Hell call some of the regulars and make sure they are coming.

6. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's all just settle down. This shouldn't be an intra-Cauldron issue.

If you would like to discuss the watch party situation, please contact me at 913-387-3400 ext 313. I encourage you to do so.

7. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Matt. That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

8. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    no worries.

9. Mdarney

Mdarney Member

Apr 3, 2005
    KC Midtown
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to blood-letting....

While I was donating blood yesterday another Wizard fan showed up.

Wizard Fans Give Blood.

How about a Wizards' players day at the Community Blood Center?

BTW, I believe when you give platelets, you get all your liquid and red blood cells back. No loss.

10. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, except for your platelets. it is a decent idea though ... and giving blood is never a bad thing.

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    never is wish I could still give.