The Wedding Crashers [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by amerifolklegend, Jul 8, 2005.

1. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Holy freakin' lord was that ever funny.

Now granted the place was packed and to me movies always seem funnier when it's a packed house, but still, I laughed my ass off from start to finish.

Vince Vaugn is just unbelievable. How he can say some of the monologues he makes without laughing is beyond me. And Jane Seamore is absolutely fantastic as the mother. Knowing the roles she's played in the past then seeing her as the slutty mom is just fantasticly funny.

"How long have you and the Senator been married?"
    "thirty years."
    "Oh, grerat."
    "I was faithful for two."

And I don't think I've seen that many super hot women in one comedy in a long, long time. The boobie montage towards the begining is well worth the price of the ticket. One pair after another after another.

The dude from Alias that plays the asshole was great, too. He's such a good dick.

There are a few parts that go on too long, but you'll have that. They're in the middle, so it really doesn't matter. And it's nice to see Christopher Walken be his same old self, but not go overboard.

But what makes the movie great is Wilson and Vaughn's chemistry. They truly enjoy playing these parts. They have got to be such good friends off screen for them to play off each other this well.

I will definately be happy to pay to see this when it comes out.

So, so good.

I'd say it's not as good as Old School, but it's pretty close.

So if you are one of those strange birds that didn't like Old School, don't bother seeing it cause it's funny and clearly you don't like funny movies. But if you liked Old School, go see it. You'll be very muchso satisfied with it.

"MOM! WHERE'S THAT MEATLOAF?!?"

2. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Brought a damn fine movie review to a schreeching, homophobic halt. :D

I read an article about it being a throw back to the kind of beer & b00bs movies of the 80s (bachelor party, etc), and very entertaining.

I will check it out.

3. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    It really was. For those hopping for a good clean(er) funny movie like we've been seeing lately, stay home. This definately earned its R rating. Gloriously.

And the two women I went with were just as happy and entertained as I was. The gratuitous nudity and ass-holedness towards women sometimes were clearly designed as insults to the two main characters early on, not at all commentaries on women that fall for these guys' antics.

Man, I just can't stop thinking about how funny the interactions between Vaughn and Isla Fisher's character were. Good lord was that funny. She's was such an awesome kook. And at the end where all the shit's hitting the fan between Wilson's character and the rest of the family, these two were realizing the truths about each other and it all unfolds through facial expressions. Just hilarious.

Man, I can't wait to see it again.

4. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Yeah, the review I read mentioned that Owen Wilson was talking to the studio about it and they said something along the lines of "We really want you to earn the R rating."

"So we did." he replied.

Review

[​IMG]

5. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    You know what's weird is that the picture you posted is from a brief second where they're showing him go to different weddings by himself. It's towards the end of the movie and each little scene is like a second or two long and just all thrown together. Those people in the pic besides Owen aren't in the movie at all other than that qucik shot. It's odd that they used that pic as a publicity photo from the film.

6. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    The Wedding Crashers preview special is re-airing on Comedy Central right now.

7. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    It's officially wedding season.

GringoTex, don't bother seeing this movie cause it's funny, in English, and wasn't filmed in Austin.

You would hate it.

8. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    I heard it's not that great.

9. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I heard you grew up under power lines.

10. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It rocked.

11. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    I had to take AFLette to see it tonight since I yammered on about it all week and she hadn't seen it yet.

It's still awesome.

Really, honestly, if you don't find this movie funny, then I think you might be retarded.

12. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it this weekend with my wife and we laughed a lot. Lots of "out loud laughs".

I was still chuckling today about the scene where Vince Vaughn made the balloon bicycle. I don't know why it struck me so funny but it did.

13. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    After thinkinhg about this for ten days, I gotta say my favorite part - or the part I laughed the hardest - was Vaugn's mannerisms and response to the guy from Alias when he announced they were going Quail hunting as soon as they got off the sailboat.

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    MOM! MEATLOAF! ********!

Yeah? Well the proper girl in the hat just eye-********ed the ******** out of me.

Great time. Really enjoyed the film.

15. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    I've heard Will Ferrell makes a cameo as a Funeral crasher

I'd pay 7 bucks just to see that.

16. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The scene when Vince Vaughn confesses to the minister is classic also.

"Hey, get it while it's hot!"

17. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Brilliant, brilliant movie, with the best montage of all time. Yeah, that one ...

18. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Which one?

19. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is purely speculation, but I'm thinking the one with all the tits in it.

20. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    In the beginning when Vince is ranting about why he doesn't want to be set up has some really classic lines....

" Let me put in just the tip and just for a second"

I almost fell out of my chair...

Great movie absolutely hilarious....

21. emp2b3

emp2b3 Member

Apr 24, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I liked the first half a lot but thought that as soon as they left the house and it got serious that it kind of went downhill. I may be in the minority as I generally like Will Ferrel, but didn't think that he needed to be included in the movie. The funeral crashing idea was funny, but after he yelled for the meatloaf the third time I think most of the theater was laughing because they thought that they should be, not because it was actually funny or unexpected. I'd still recommend friends to go see it, but it didn't really stay true to being a comedy the entire way through like Old School, Animal House etc.
    And yes, the line about just sticking in the tip was hilarious.

22. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    This movie needs to win the Oscar for Best Picture.

23. amerifolklegend

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    At very least, Vaughn needs to be nominated for best actor.

I mean really, just because it's a light, raucous comedy, doesn't at all take away from how amazing he was in this movie.

24. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Who else could have made this line so funny?

"Soft Mattress? Maybe, or the midnight rape, or the nude gay art show. I had my sock, the one that I walked around in all day, played football, SWEATED in, stuffed in my mouth and DUCK TAPED IN!

I'm going to eat my breakfast over here. Don't talk to me."

Vaughn's delivery and performance was amazing. I haven't seen an actor with that natural of a performance since Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire.

And no, I am not kidding.

25. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    This is exactly what I said to my girlfriend when we walked out of the movie.....