The Walking Dead - season 7

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She probably did kill some of his guys but she might have run out of ammo and just gave up. No reason to beat her as I am sure Negan wouldn't have allowed that.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Delivering more than cobbler and fruit baskets?

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, that whole area of walkers being used as a tool for creating dramatic tension has been tiresome for a while now.

Sometimes they bumble around, clattering every loud object they can find and moving at snail pace... the next minute they're like silent ninjas, creeping up on people and moving through the undergrowth like a gazelle.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I wonder if Sasha takes that pill and if Morpheous finds her after. Stay tuned.

mike4066 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    so is Sasha dead next episode or beginning of season 7 or does she have a reduced role in the next season?

Her lead role in the new Star Trek series started filming back in January or February and will last a few more months while season 8 starts filming in May.

6. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why be annoyed? They clearly showed the walkers came from the beach and the boat. They were covered in barnacles ffs. So they didn't come from the forest.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    True, but there were enough of them that you'd think someone would have noticed them long before they were only a few dozen feet away.

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So when I watched that scene in the moment, I guessed that the whole "Negan kills a guy for raping a woman" scene was meant to show his hypocrisy, but now I have seen on social media that a lot of viewers have interpreted more as "he's not all bad", conveniently forgetting that coercing women into becoming his wives is also a form of rape.

So how did the writers intend it to be interpreted?

9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    isn't the next episode the finale?

I think this has to be a monster cliffhanger like last season, no way do they have time to go to war and transition.

I know, water is wet....

10. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the comic book attempts to portray Rick and Negan as similar authoritarian figures with charisma and expert reasoning skills but Rick chooses to draw people to him through leadership and community where Negan uses overwhelming force and initial violence then cult like devotion through a structured system (i.e. "points" in the sanctuary, scheduled deliveries of protection "stuff").

The TV show went over the top to make him the villain and JDM also is a little over the top in portrayal. As a result some the "anti hero" and/or villain charisma is lost. Also, they are trying to condense multiple pages of comic book into brief scenes between Hyundai commercials which doesn't help.

It is true though, whether rape or slavery, Negan in both is allowing and promoting a form of it but thinks his lesser of two evils redeems him (both are still evil).

On the Talking Dead after show, they had "superfans" that met as a couple as Rick and Michonne and the "Rick" stated Negan gives you the choice of this or death so you'll almost always choose him.

11. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think they meant us to interpret it that in his own mind he's the good guy.

Naughtius Maximus and Belgian guy repped this.
  12. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Perhaps they were on the boat trapped and then something fell off to release them.

13. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So Dwight good or bad? I think he'll end up saving them perhaps from a double cross by the junk weirdos.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It does seem odd that the Saviors would have never come across the Junk People. On the other hand, it's also weird that it took them that long to come upon Alexandria.

15. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    - I know it's part of that character's shtick, but Ezekiel's speechifying is really getting a bit annoying.
    - It's obviously due to the plot immunity of some of the characters, but the Saviors are possibly worse shots than even Stormtroopers. Even though about a dozen of them were nearby, not one of them managed to shoot Rick, Carl or indeed the tiger even once.
    - I assume that the point of the closing pan to Negan's force was to show how large it is, but it sort of missed its effect with me. That's a small amount of people to wage a full-on war against armed opponents, especially since they can use guerilla tactics. The smart move would be to hole up at the Sanctuary. Even if the idea is that he has more men than that at his outposts, it still wouldn't be enough to be sure of winning the war, only to be sure of having heavy losses even if he does win.

16. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    That might be the least surprising double cross in cable tv history.

mwulf67 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    "We know absolutely nothing about these people other than they are weird and live among trash, but lets give them a bunch of guns on the promise that they will fight for us."

Also, why is all of their grammar mangled? Society hasn't collapsed long enough for all of them to morph into Yoda linguistically.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    where is the budget going? This show is a huge $$$ maker for AMC yet the episodes look like they have the budget of Z Nation

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    i love how they promote it as "extended episode". it's just 60 mins while the regular is 42/43 minutes. but of course 30 damn minutes of commercials. this episode should have been 75 minutes at least. More action. It really seems this whole season has been lackluster with a few actual gems worth mentioning.

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What an outrageous you're becoming... I mean, if you can't trust junk-yard head-cases, who can you trust :eek:

:giggle:

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When they showed his men it looked like about maybe 60 or thereabouts. I'd say that's roughly about the same Alexandria, Hilltop and the Kingdom.

22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It wasn't an overwhelming force. Even if he can double that by bringing in people form his outposts (which would leave those more exposed), it's still not enough.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    xxxxxx = cycnic. Obviously :D

Sorry. Typo!

24. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes and, bear in mind, this was another incident where one of his men gets killed, (when Sasha was trying to munch him), and he's still up and about.

I mean, is it just me? Would anybody else here start to think, 'Hang on... we keep dying and that bastard keeps surviving'. I can't help thinking at least a few of them would start to say, 'I'll have a go at head-bashing and wife/girlfriend bonking duties while you fend them off me' :D

25. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That finale was not as good as the last