The US Supreme Court Thread - Post Roe v. Wade reversal edition

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They're already here, been here for decades.
    You're now seeing who they are when they get the advantage.

This has been the most educational experience in human behavior I've ever had, reading the repeated expressions of surprise and astonishment that anyone could do this, that, or the other, from people I think would know better if only they tried to live outside their bubble.

Deadtigers and usscouse repped this.
  2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    [​IMG]

usscouse repped this.
  3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin is restarting abortion services. Dobbs basically said the 1800s anti-abortion law was the rule. PP says "nope."

4. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Just a request, next time you post that could you use the small photo option? I find the large version visually jarring and highly disturbing.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Mission accomplished! Although I suppose several others did suffer collateral damage. But that's what happens in total war.

Deadtigers repped this.
  6. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Let me put it this way, the impact it will have on people who Nazis didn't intentionally try to exterminate is different than the impact it has on people who Nazis deliberately murdered. For the latter category, seeing that imagery is emotionally disturbing. As one of those people, I'm asking you to use a smaller version of symbolism that is associated with people who want to murder me. I understand that you don't care how that imagery impacts other people, but I'm asking you to be a decent human being who understands that such symbolism, even if it isn't identical to the original, is highly disturbing. In other words, don't be like a Republican who doesn't give a shit about others, be a decent human being. I'm not asking you to not post it at all, I'm asking you to minimize the size of it to lesson the shock value on people who Nazis and their offspring want dead.

7. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ah, so not a joke eh? OK sure. Did not mean to upset anybody.

8. superdave

superdave BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Nazis killed Dietrich Bonhoeffer and a distorted swastika doesn’t trigger me. It’s not like you’re a concentration camp survivor, what with being 80 years too young for that and all.

Any other irrational fears of yours we should worry about?

9. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Let me get this right, because neo-Nazis don't actively threaten the life of Lutherans gays shouldn't have to worry either. Is that about right?

:rolleyes:

And yet, they came for my family one night with my mother having to hide under the floorboards to escape them. I've heard these stories all my life. I have official records from the French government regarding the actions my family took as part of the French underground in WW2. My mother's life was directly threatened by Nazis. She talks about it often, you asshole.

And my father WAS a concentration camp survivor in a different war, so ******** you.

******** you some more. I didn't say he couldn't post it. I said it was quite jarring to see it full size.

In case you are too stupid to know, the Nazi flag is still used today by people who think I should be killed. Having something that resembles that flag come across virtually my entire computer screen is jarring.

Just because you aren't directly threatened by neo-Nazis and haven't had numerous death threats doesn't mean you have to show a complete lack of empathy to others. At least some times it would be nice to see evidence of your so-called Christianity.

ElNaranja, dapip, song219 and 4 others repped this.
  10. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your dad was in a POW camp and a concentration camp? That’s some bad luck.

Also, is that really a nazi flag, or just a red, black and white image with straight lines? In all sincerity, I don’t think I’ve seen that image before.

Anyway, you got another chance to win the Oppression Olympics. Here’s you prize.

upload_2023-9-23_21-20-44.jpeg

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    C'mon now! Too many of our Christians are the lowest of Christians.

12. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've always considered them equivalent.

Sigh, I'm sure the person who designed that meme randomly chose red, black and white for no reason whatsoever. Seriously Dave, do you always have to be a jackass just for the sake of being a contrarian jackass? You know damn well that image was purposely designed to imitate the Nazi flag. You simply cannot be so ignorant as to be unaware of that. Which means you are deliberately playing the fool now.

One day I hope you can learn to treat people like Jesus did. I think I need to stop making qualifiers when talking about Christians. You're clearly no different than the rest of them. And yes, when it comes to the Oppression Olympics you don't stand a chance against me, so maybe you would be better off shutting the ******** up for a change.

InTheSun and xtomx repped this.
  13. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. I spent the summer watching Mr. robot, and my first thought was Evil Corp.
    2. You want me to be more like Jesus? Get thee behind me, Satan. I read the Bible. Jesus was really into rebuking. He was among many other things a teacher, trying to uplift and educate people who lacked understanding. That’s all I’m doing.

I can only explain it to you. I can’t make you understand it. That’s something you have to do for yourself.

14. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France

But you don't seem to understand it.

Jesus's ministry was very largely about rebuking religious leaders who created barriers for people accessing God. His ministry to non-religious leaders was to love each other and not judge each other.

He has shown you, Dave, what is good. And what does God require of you? To do justly, to love mercy and to be humble.

Humility Dave. I can't make you understand it, that's something you have to do for yourself.

xtomx and Scissorkick Collins repped this.
  15. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Oh f'gawsh sakes; are we going to start checklists and scoresheets on each other's humility? Cause you are both coming across to me as pretty arrogant ATM. And I imagine that will sound arrogant of me in turn.

Plus the whole exchange is getting boring.

Whoever you are, somebody out there somewhere is out to kill you. We hope that someday everybody's manners will improve to the point that that won't be true, but it is true now. Any died in the wool neo nazi would prefer that I be killed as genetically defective, but I'm the one that posts the picture of gramma Nazi.

Ya just gotta be tough enough to take it without folding up and dying before they come knocking. Poking fun at them is more effective and more fun than ducking. They are ridiculous after all...

roby and superdave repped this.
  16. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    DMs please.

I wish the stupidface mods would show their stupid faces. :(

17. superdave

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, dave, it's jarring and disturbing to me as well.

As a White Christian Heterosexual Male, there are a hell of a lot of "irrational" fears you don't have to worry about.

InTheSun, xtomx and Sounders78 repped this.
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But this is not equal. Sounders ask to have it reduced in size, because it is jarring and disturbing to look at. And it is, by size alone. When I post picture, I purposely try and find a small or medium size picture* to post because larger images on non-desktops (aka smaller screens) can be jarring. dave came along and took it beyond the request, and escalated it.

On my 30 in monitor, it fills nearly have the screen. It is rather jarring to see it that big.

@JohnR I'm not taking a shot at you and apologize if it comes across that way.

* - not all pictures are jarring like that one, and I don't always find a smaller size.

xtomx and Sounders78 repped this.
  20. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    So....size really does matter! :whistling:

21. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I heard you was hung.

soccernutter and roby repped this.
  22. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Y'know Mr Smarty Pants....there's still a bit of room left in that safe buried in the Meadowlands! :ninja:

Deadtigers repped this.
  23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then how do we know if he was hung or hanged?

24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Your not going to believe this, but its possible he was both hung and hanged.

soccernutter and Sounders78 repped this.
  25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Cascarino's Pizzeria BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Many years from now I'll regale fellow old timers of how I survived jpegsize-gate.

Attached Files:

taosjohn repped this.