The Urawa Reds Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Deleted Users, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    The photo of Naoki with kids where you could hardly find him after first glimpse was great also :D

2. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    2nd is Abe, 3rd is Tsuboi, 4th is Haraguchi, 5th is Hosogai, 6th is Tulio??:ROFLMAO:

3. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    do u have a link?? I think i missed that one!:ROFLMAO:

4. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Now let's wait for Genki at the top of the formation!

6. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sad to see Hamada warming the bench and Spiranoivic nowhere to be seen, I expected those two to have their break-through seasons in 2012.

Umesaki coming back from the dead has been a good surprise though.

7. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am more worried about the development of players like Naoki Yamada, he isnt getting any playing time under Petrovič

8. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's injured

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know I mean in general he is probably not getting it. He is not exactly known for developing young players.
    Like in Sanfrecce

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Why would he want to do that when he's at Urawa?

They aren't thinking about the long-term only the short-term.

They want success now, not later.

11. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's true that he didn't develop young players in Sanfrecce except Aoyama, Moriwaki, Takahagi, Kashiwagi, etc ...

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well we'll see I am worried about Naoki Yamada's progress as a player under his guidance even if injuries seem to be his arch enemy

As for the above comment: Sanfrecce has one of the biggest if not the best youth sytem in the league, imo he should have gave more of them a decent chance

13. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    It's not "injuries", it's one long-term injury - he screwed his knee, complete reconstruction etc. Is there any other Urawa player that concerns you in terms of development?

14. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, Tomoya Ugajin and Shunki Takahashi

15. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Takahashi's never really impressed me, he's still a youngster though. IMO Ugajin is way too inconsistent to be considered a key player for Urawa, again time will tell.

16. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes I am not saying give them main roles, give them playing time so they can progress. And I am afraid Petrovič wont give much of that

17. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Naoki played the first two games before his injury and is nowhere near ready to return. Shunki has started each of the last three cup games and came on as an early sub in the first of those games. Ugajin has started EVERY cup match so far and played in the last two league games. Don't give me that bull.

If a player warrants game time, it should be given to them. Misha has been hired with the expectation that he will bring the club to a reputable position; why would he select players that aren't guaranteed to help win the team any points?

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am not giving you any bullwhatever

I am expressing my concerns which may prove to be nothing but strange superstitions or...

So please go easy on me. Yoroshiku onegai ishimasu

19. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    My point is that your concerns are based on an assumption that these players are not getting any game time, when that's far from the truth.

You can't criticise a coach with a non-truth. It's just plain silly.

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, my assumptions are based on his time at Sanfrecce, where I think he could have given more of really talented more playing time.

21. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think the players that were being played at Sanfrecce were already quite talented as it was.

Same with the players currently being played at Urawa. I don't think there are really any youngsters that could rightfully push any current first team player out of the squad at this point in time. Even Keisuke Tsuboi is playing really well by Keisuke Tsuboi standards.

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I was thinking about players like Junya Osaki, Daiki Nishioka, Kota Sameshima and Sena Inami.

They did not get not even one game of playing time last season under the umbrella of Petrović. Well this year at least Osaki is getting some decent playing time. But anyways. I am not saying Petrović does not nurture talent, just that he perhaps neglects it a bit

23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    That's how Reds are - he came to Urawa to make an instant impact, not worrying about growing up young players into the team. Finke and, above all, the old Petrvic went full-out with youngsters like Hamada, Shunki or Genki. Genki is now in senior NT but Urawa fought to avoid relegation almost until the season end. You have to understand that Reds are predestined to success as the biggest Japanese club with the biggest numbers supporters backing up the club with their moneys which is a big factor for the club's budget as well as sponsors. Red's fans are as hot as Saitama in the summer. One more year hanging low and the sponsors would withdraw with Mitsubishi being the only big financial backing of the club.
    You have to always keep that in mind talking about Reds. This isn't Cerezo or Consadole.

24. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That is true. I mjust really appreciate managers who meanwhile doing their job making sure club finishes season well develop some great players. Like Volke did with Haraguchi and Yamada for instance. Also I am not exactly Reds fan but I am happy seeing them do well, just as much as it makes me sad seeing Gamba low

25. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Well actually I get the impression that while the youngsters aren't exactly getting regular spots in the first eleven, nevertheless Petrovic is doing a good job of giving them appropriate game time, be it as part of squad rotation or in situations requiring substitutions. Anyway, if they want to be first team regulars, they have to earn it through application and talent. Renewal is important, but it shouldn't mean youth automatically guarantees starting spots.

nipponbasse83 repped this.