Pre-match: The Ultmate Finale :: 6/21, Las Vegas [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Bison1997, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So yeah, they're at The Pearl at The Palms for this one.

Got a couple of good ones here:

* Kendall Grove vs. Evan Tanner
    * The Ultimate Fighter Finale: C.B. Dollaway vs. Amir Sadollah
    * Luigi Fioravanti vs. Diego Sanchez
    * Tim Credeur vs. Cale Yarbrough
    * Spencer Fisher vs. Jeremy Stephens
    * Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister
    * Matthew Riddle vs. Dante Rivera
    * Josh Burkman vs. Dustin Hazelett
    * Marvin Eastman vs. Drew McFedries
    * Mob Kimmons vs. Rob Yundt
    * Matt Arroyo vs. Matt Brown

-- Not sure which marches are live and which will be taped, but the first five matches or so are usually what's earmarked for being live.

-- If you ever get the chance to fight in the UFC, it's a good thing to do Dana White a favor. The favor will come back to you. Tim Credeur stepped up to the plate to fight C. B. in the Second Chance Semi-Finals and thus gets to fight on the live show.

-- Jeremy Horn vs. Dean Lister should be good as well. Lister has all the Jiu Jitsu in the world.

2. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    CB is tough but he seems to have some trouble with his cardio. That and the boring lay'n'pray style of fighting he uses does not have me excited to watch him fight. I hope Amir wins.

3. mintone

mintone New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Seattle
    An OK card. Nothing real exciting. sanchez/Fioravanti was good. Tanner looked ancient against Grove and because of that Grove wasn't impressive to me either.

Amir Sadollah looks to have a bright future. I read over on Sherdog that he has a Sambo background. that makes sense. He reminds me a bit of Fedor in his fighting style.

Fisher-Stevens was entertaining as well. Other than that...meh. But hey for free it was a good card.

Creduer was found to have an ADD med in his system (Aderall) and the NSAC wouldn't alow him to fight due to risk of increased blood pressure. He will not be fined or suspended for his positive test. On his pre-match med form he specified that he had taken it in the fast week so all was on the up and up.

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    If you like to see fools get straight beatdowned ;)

I thought this was a good fight, I don't know about being a split decision though.

I know, homie is like a lil' Forest Griffin. I thought it was premature stoppage though. The universal tapout is 3 taps. I know it was when I was in Martial Arts. 3 taps and you are out. One tap and you're done??? I don't know about that one.

I didn't see the whole card, but did you see Beastman's eye??? I think that is why they stopped the fight. That was one crazy fight. Beastman messed up when he didn't take advantage of the slam of McFedries and paid for it in the end.

5. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nothing premature about it.

The ref had the perfect angle and was right on top waiting for the tap. He could see the arm bar was locked in tight and wasn't going to give CB time to tap more than once so his arm wouldn't get broken.