Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Need both countries to lose for Dutch u17 to qualify...? Gulp :speechless: I just checked, Mexico is up against Solomon Island. Is that even a real country? :laugh: Tajikistan will face Argentina.

2. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's apparently either of the two. If Argentina beats Tajikistan OR Mexico fails to beat Solomon Island, Oranje is through. So in truth the chances are still quite high, especially in reference to Argentina vs Tajikistan. I can't see Mexico not beating Solomon Island, but who knows.

I hope it happens. We saw in Euro 2016 with Portugal that thanks to this new format you can suck up the start of a tournament (or in their case the whole tournament) and still win. I'd like to see if they can grow into their 'favorietenrol' more.

3. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
    I see Chile and the Netherlands on third with same point and game difference and goals scored and conceded. Who is going to progress if there is only one spot left?

4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Most likely scenario is that Mexico wins today, they then wind up advancing and New Zealand is knocked out of the best 3rd place finishers: https://www.flashscore.com/football/world/world-cup-u17/

Its the goal differential thats saving Oranje

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All this presupposes an Argentina win over Tajikistan. A Mexico win and Tajikistan draw leave the Dutch even with Chile for the fourth spot. I guess this means a coin flip to see who goes through.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  6. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've heard rumors that the Netherlands will lose out based on cards received, but I have no idea if this has been confirmed.

Unfortunate they couldn't get that 5th goal, that would have guaranteed them a spot. Missed penalty, shot against the post... too bad! I have a bad feeling Argentina will be unmotivated and weird stuff can happen.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes, it goes by fair play points. Bogarge picked up a RC in the 2nd match which dooms the Dutch in case of a tie with Chile. I think it comes down to a Argentina win being necessary. Dutch have themselves to blame for two very poor performances.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  8. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Definitely, they should have done much better. Although in fairness their group is one of the more difficult. Some of those other 3rd place teams are much less deserving considering the super easy 4th place opponent they were gifted. But absolutely a team like this Oranje should never have allowed themselves to get into this position.

I still can't help but feel that if they make it through they can really grow in the tournament.

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-0 Argentina now. Looks like NL are through

10. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Argentina beats Tajikistan 3-1 meaning Netherlands are through. Good day for Netherlands soccer

11. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Its gonna be Oranje vs Nigeria on Wednesday. Should be exciting! I'm always weary of African teams at the youth level. Hoping for a good result, would like to see more of this team.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  13. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow I wasn't aware of either of those facts.

But yeah I am definitely weary of the African teams at this level. They seem to always be physically far ahead of the European teams, whether that is fairly or unfairly. Its gonna be a tough game for sure.

14. And how many of those fake birth champions in the end made it as players that signed with big money paying clubs?
    It may look smart to win titles by fielding in fact physically far more matured guys but it's a vain victory if that physical leg up isnot combined with truly football qualities. Those "winners" in the end are the loosers as once they have to show the goods against players of the same physical maturity that ill gotten advantage is gone and you get exposed for what your true soccer qualities are.
    Nigeria anyway is a nation of liars and cheaters when it comes to soccer. They continually try to hype even very young kids like those that "played" at Feyenoord, with throwing around names of top clubs interested in them, even telling the KNVB is chasing them to get Dutch nationality etc.
    Hope our boys break them, just as a kick in the balls of those cheats.

15. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    NL up 2-1 on Nigeria now

16. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
    Great win 3-1, Hansen with a hattrick!!

17. Kelvin Cheung

Kelvin Cheung Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    May 13, 2019
    This is quite incredible if we looked back after the first two group matches......

18. Well, they read my post:cool:

19. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Hansen with another incredible match. Nigeria the much better team but Raatsie was fantastic. Was very aggressive which paid off big time and made some huge saves. Nigeria carved up the defense with great runs through the middle but Raatsie kept reading it and bailed the defense out.

Braaf didn't have the strongest game but man is he ever a great prospect. Has it all to become a star.

Taabouni will miss next game with the yellow card. He has been one of the weakest players so will be interesting to see someone else in that spot. He just doesn't read the game well enough and is sloppy.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Wow, incredible result! Confidence must be high going into the next round.

How do you guys rate Sontje Hansen?

21. PiTo

PiTo New Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    I would say that he's quite unlucky fit-wise that in Netherlands there's a preference of playing with two wingers - he's very good prospect as a winger, but he's really superior when he plays as a second striker or false 9 what's on display past two games - he's great in terms of moving without a ball, playing with second line, getting back deep to contribute in playmaking and he looks like a good finisher as well, and obviously very good technically. I'd love to see him a year or two from now in this position-less offense of Ajax, but I think his optimal position is 2nd striker.

As a winger, I think Braaf is better prospect - he's really well-rated in City, and he's superior to Hansen physically.

Nice win, but still far away from a level from Euro Champs, there was no control of a game and a bit lucky at certain moments.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good result!! The match was not on television here and I was at a meeting anyway. Good to see Hansen get off the mark. Ajax U-19s drew with Chelsea today and six of the players on this WC team probably would have played in that match!

23. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Up next for the Dutch u17... Argentina or Paraguay. Bring on!! I haven't really been following this tourney except a few minutes of the first match v. Japan (which was terrible!), but now the kids are doing well, I should be paying attention again!

24. :ROFLMAO:glory hunter:p

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes it was. It was on Fox Sports Soccer.
    I had to watch it on that channel as well because its not being broadcasted in NL either AFAIK