Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Yes, Bergwijn pulled out a couple days before the match due to injury. Too bad.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    U19 defeated Czech Republic 5-1 in a friendly match.

Redan with a brace, and a missed penalty. Other goal-scorers were Kokcu, Ihattaren, and Castillo.

Some of the most promising players were back in the starting lineup... Pierie (captain), v.d. Berg, Reis, Boadu, Kokcu and Redan. Gravenberch on the bench.

Nice competition for the future "no. 10" - between Gravenberch (Ajax) vs. Kokcu (Feyenoord). Who will first break through in their respective senior team?

Looks like Chelsea's Juan Castillo (ex-Ajax) is switching to a left back... I believe he was a left midfielder/winger previously. In the lineup, he was preferred to Mitchel Bakker (current Ajax) - it would be interesting to monitor how the career of these two kids, playing in the same position, will play out long-term. One chasing big money, the other staying in the Eredivisie.

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mitchell Bakker's agent is Mino Raiola so he might not be with Ajax much longer. I think he needs to renew his contract this season as it only runs for one more year after this. However, he is not in the same position as Kluivert was in terms of first team play.

4. I don't think it's in Raiola's interest to move young kids to places they're not ready for yet. He's not stupid and is bound to see the failures of the other kids like we can, which means in the future a rashly diminished transfer worth aka lower transfer fee percentage take.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Seriously? Almost every player he manages has left early

6. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Onder 20 verslaat Engeland na knappe comeback
    Ruud Scheper
    [​IMG]
    Gisteren, 21:30

[​IMG]
    Oranje onder 20 heeft reden om te juichen. Engeland wordt met 3-1 verslagen. - Foto: KNVB Media

Oranje onder 20 heeft op het veld van Quick Boys in Katwijk een knappe 3-1 overwinning geboekt op Engeland. Na een 0-1 ruststand knokte Oranje zich via goals van Tahith Chong, Dylan Vente en Ferdi Kadioglu naar een 3-1 zege.

Onder 20, waar coach Bert Konterman ontbrak omdat zijn vader eerder op de dag was overleden, begon prima aan het duel. Zijn vervanger Virgilio Teixeira zag evenwel Engeland razendsnel op een 0-1 voorsprong komen. Zeven minuten waren er pas gespeeld toen Eddie Nketiah de bezoekers liet juichen. "De eerste beste aanval van Engeland", baalde Teixeira. "Daarna hadden we het even lastig."

[​IMG]
    De basiself voorafgaand aan het duel met Engeland.

Paes redt Oranje
    Na een kwartier leek het allemaal nog erger te worden voor de equipe van Teixeira. Ben Brereton mocht vanaf elf meter aanleggen, maar moest zijn meerdere erkennen in Onder 20-goalie Maarten Paes, waardoor het bij een 0-1 voorsprong voor de Engelsen bleef. De doelman behoedde zijn team sowieso in die fase voor een grotere achterstand.

[​IMG]
    Tahith Chong maakte na een uur spelen de belangrijke gelijkmaker.

Na de pauze kwam Oranje beter op stoom. Eerst zette Chong Onder 20 op gelijke hoogte met de gasten door van rechts naar binnen te dribbelen en in de verre hoek raak te schieten. Met nog een kwartier op de klok kwam de thuisploeg zelfs op voorsprong. Net als Brereton mocht ook Dylan Vente vanaf elf meter aanleggen en de aanvaller maakte, in tegenstelling tot zijn Engelse opponent, geen fout; 2-1.

Kadioglu beslist het duel
    Het bleek het laatste wapenfeit voor de aanvaller. Een minuut later mocht hij samen met Jordan Teze de kleedkamer opzoeken. In hun plaats kwamen Deyovaisio Zeefuik en Kaj Sierhuis. Vlak voor tijd maakte Kadioglu aan alle onzekerheid een einde door voor de 3-1 te zorgen.

[​IMG]
    De staf van Onder 20 voorafgaand aan het duel, met als tweede van links Virgilio Teixeira.

De knappe comeback van Oranje, na de 0-1 achterstand bij rust, kwam vier dagen na de 0-0 tegen Portugal, een eveneens puik resultaat. Teixeira was dan ook zeer te spreken over het optreden van zijn ploeg. "Ik ben hartstikke trots op de mannen. In de rust hebben we bepaalde zaken aangehaald en als je dan ziet hoe ze dat oppakken na de pauze en hoe ze hebben geknokt voor een goed resultaat... Heel knap."

Duitsland en Polen
    Over een maand komt Oranje onder 20 opnieuw in actie. De ploeg van Konterman neemt het dan op vrijdag 12 oktober eerst op in en tegen Duitsland, om vervolgens vier dagen later, op dinsdag 16 oktober, aan te treden tegen Polen. Die laatste wedstrijd wordt opnieuw gespeeld op sportpark Nieuw Zuid in Katwijk. Aanvang: 19.00 uur.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Jong Oranje fell to Scotland U21 1-2... will not be in the at next year's Euro championship. What a pity. There are several good individual talents in the team, but collectively they don't seem to do well.

Bijlow with a comical clearance, Rosario gave away the winning penalty (and red-carded).

Lineup:
    Bijlow; Dumfries, Fosu-Mensah, Van Drongelen, Ouwejan; Rosario, Til, Koopmeiners; Idrissi, Lammers, Danjuma Groeneveld.

8. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sorry, I watched the game yesterday but I did not see the individual talents you are talking about. Koopmeiners is not bad, Groenveld too. But the rest of the team is very average. Lammers disappointed me yesterday. Fosu-Mensah does not progress. What is really worrying is the lack of character of these players and their mental weakness. It's true he was missing De Jong, Bergwijn, Kluivert, but that's no reason to be eliminated by Scotland in a decisive match. Scotland beat us twice.

9. What a surprise:rolleyes: Given that he's with one of the epl power houses, which have been very good for our talents:thumbsdown:

10. That's why I attack van Hanegem with his apologizing comments for among others Boëtius.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. Mmmm, dunno...I've seen CL goalies with a decade more experience do weirder things and a goalie that was instrumental to our title the next season do things that did cost us about 10 points...so....it's better to do it in the Uxx Orange team and learn from it.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I did not watch the game, so I couldn't speak on any player specifically. Sounds like the game was decided by some brain-fart moments.

Generally speaking, though... From the little that I've seen and heard, I think Koopmeiners and Groeneveld Danjuma are darn good talents, and they started strongly this season. I even think they have a decent chance to a call-up in the Oranje senior this season, if they continue to progress. They slide right in areas of needs that will be soon vacated by Strootman and Babel (hopefully :laugh:)

I am also pretty bullish on Dumfries. He's a high-octane wing back, not awfully different than Janmaat. Obviously he is raw and inexperienced, and defensively he has a lot to learn, but he has a nice build for a defender, and has strong aerial presence.

Van Drongelen is interesting talent. I watched some Oranje U21 games last season, and he intrigued me enough. Composed on the ball, eager to dribble forward, tall and strong. Certainly he belongs to the recent resurgence of Dutch CB's breed, along with the likes of De Ligt, Pierie, Schuurs and Van de Berg.

Fosu-Mensah and Til… I am not super-excited on either, but they are already in the peripheral of Oranje senior, so certainly they make good enough impressions.

Bijlow… already Feyenoord no. 1, bright future methinks.

Rosario... I started paying a little more attention lately as he's been quietly putting a string of solid performances for PSV. I am not sure what to think of him, jury is still out. He is tall but smooth, can be very disruptive to opponents. His ball handling, and overall technique, are average. Remind of Orlando Engelaar (although my heart wants him to be the Oranje's version of Pogba :p).

Ouwejan, Idrissi, Lammers... meh.

14. :ROFLMAO:You're a bit mean now:thumbsup:

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Boadu went down with a season-ending injury... another unlucky event for AZ, after what happened to Stengs last season. :x3::confused:

16. Rosario is in mijn ogen een jongen voor de toekomst van ons voetbal ...
    https://www.ad.nl/.../rosario-is-in-mijn-ogen-een-jongen-voor-de-toekomst-van-ons-v...
    4 uur geleden - ColumnColumnist Willem van Hanegem hoopt dat ondanks de komst van Érick Gutiérrez Pablo Rosario nog veel speeltijd krijgt van ...

Well, this doesnot bode well for Rosario.
    Willem has hyped a couple of players in the past that turned out to be mediocre players in the end, most of them for mentality issues, so ....
    Let's wait and see.

The fanboys of Willem should have a good look at what he since he stopped playing football really has done. Undoubtedly he was one of the greatest on the pitch, but as a coach and later as a commentator I have no respect for the man whatsoever.

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Schuurs, Malacia, and Dilrosun are among the new faces.
    Groeneveld, Bergwijn, Rosario and Bijlow "graduate" to the Senior team.

My watchlist to fill the Oranje Senior pipeline:
    Dumfries (Tete)
    Koopmeiners (Strootman)
    Dilrosun (Babel)

Oranje U21 squad.

Goalkeeper: Yanick van Osch, Indy Groothuizen, Maarten Paes.

Defenders: Denzel Dumfries, Kevin Diks, Jeremiah St. Juste, Sherel Floranus, Perr Schuurs, Rick van Drongelen, Justin Hoogma, Tyrell Malacia, Thomas Ouwejan.

Midfielders: Juninho Bacuna, Carel Eiting, Guus Til, Bart Ramselaar, Teun Koopmeiners, Michel Vlap, Ferdi Kadioglu.

Attackers: Javairô Dilrosun, Jay-Roy Grot, Oussama Idrissi, Kaj Sierhuis, Sam Lammers, Richairo Zivkovic, Donyell Malen.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Dilrosun is an interesting player. I get Bundesliga matches on my cable TV package and watched the Werder/Hertha match on Tuesday. It looked to me that Hertha play him as an attacking MF and not a pure winger. He had a couple of wild shots from distance but got the only Hertha goal on a fine strike. Klaassen had another nice game for Werder who look to be a decent side this season.

19. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The future of Netherlands midfield both scoring in their first starts for their clubs in the KNVB Cup.

16-year-old Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
    17-year-old Orkun Kokcu (Feyenoord)

Two future superstars!

20. I must say they delivered a pretty much respectable game.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Strong debut by Dilrosun at the U21 level, 1 goal and 1 assist. Jong Oranje defeated Latvia 3-0.

Dilrosun this season:
    Hertha Berlin: 6 games, 2 goals, 3 assists
    Netherlands U21 debut: 1 goal and 1 assist

Won't be surprised if he ends up at Senior Oranje with this kind of form.

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    U19 defeated Bosnia-Herzegovina 6-0... Redan netted 4 goals.

Daishawn Redan's record so far:

Netherlands U17: 25 games, 20 goals
    Netherlands U19: 4 games, 7 goals
    Chelsea U23: 17 games, 8 goals
    Chelsea U19's in UEFA Youth League: 6 games, 7 goals

That's pretty impressive! We shall see if he can break through Chelsea's first team (and not getting loaned around :whistling:)

23. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Zivkovic has certainly raised his stakes from the two qualifers. Its pity it had to come late vs Ukraine and lativa.

24. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The "class" born in 1997 has a pretty good output. Six players have made it to the Senior NT to date... vd Beek, Til, Frenkie, Bergwijn, Groeneveld, and Rosario. Hopefully they all will stick around for a while and produce. Could/would have been two more (Nouri and Mazroui).

The b. 1996 "class" was rather disappointing.... several youngsters with promising future that are having a hard time to launch, e.g. Ramselaar, Reidewald, Bazoer, Zivkovic. Only notable is Dumfries, who at least seems to be in the right spot for now.

b. 1998 should be a decent one as well... Fosu-Mensah and Bijlow are already on the fringe. Hopefully they will continue to progress. Add Dilrousun, Koopmeiners, V.d Drongelen, Stengs… I fancy 2-3 of them will make it. Then there are Eiting, Hoogma, R. Kongolo as wildcards.

Strongest on paper is b. 1999... De Ligt & Kluivert lead the way, both are certain to be the building blocks for Oranje in the next decade. Others in the group are Obispo, Schuurs, Chong, Malen, Piroe, Wijndal, Malacia, Kadioglu.

25. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    With Dilrosun "graduated" to Senior team (if he's kept in the final squad), looks like the next kid in line to impress in Jong Oranje is Tahith Chong. I read that he was pretty close to make a debut in M.U senior team. I think he was on the bench when M.U took on Juve last week at UCL.

Carel Eiting Ajax
    Dani de Wit Ajax
    Kaj Sierhuis Ajax
    Perr Schuurs Ajax
    Teun Koopmeiners AZ
    Kjell Scherpen FC Emmen
    Ferdi Kadioglu Fenerbahçe
    Tyrell Malacia Feyenoord
    Deyovaisio Zeefuik FC Groningen
    Jan Hoekstra FC Groningen
    Rick van Drongelen Hamburger SV
    Sherel Floranus sc Heerenveen