The Twilight Zone [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by empennage, Sep 26, 2002.

1. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well I watched the second episode tonight, and it was pretty darn good. I'm going to make it part of my weekly TV viewing. Although both stories were a little prdictable and have been done before, they were still good. Let me just say that Shannon Elizabeth is very fine. :D Did anyone else get the A-Ha - Take on me, video from the 80's vibe?

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I just saw the second episode (I had taped it but didn't have the chance to see it until now), and I agree that it was very good.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm really looking forward to more Twilight Zone episodes to come! :)

-G

3. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    There's a new Twilight Zone series on TV??

What is the day/time/channel?

4. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wednesday nights on UPN after the show Star Trek:Enterprise. The first two episodes of the new twilight zone have been pretty good. So, I recommend watching it.

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Actually, the show is just called Enterprise. ;)

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp But I agree - the new Twilight Zone is pretty good so far and is definitely worth watching. :)

-G

6. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    Read the ratings aren't that good. we're not talking Haunted bad, but they're not UPN good either.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp New episode is tonight! :D

-G

8. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Damn!!! :mad:That's not a good sign. It's a really good show, but it's on a bad network. I bet it would do better if it was on the Sci-Fi channel.

Anyway, you guys can personally blame me for the bad ratings this week since I missed the Twilight Zone last night. I had to study for a test, and my VCR's been acting up lately. My roommate explained the episode to me and it sounded really good.

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I just saw the latest episode of The Twilight Zone (once again, I had taped it but only had the chance to see it today).

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Very interesting episode - I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. :)

-G

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp New episode reminder: there's one tonight. :)

-G

11. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah I can't wait to watch it. I actually don't have anything due tomorrow, so I can watch tonight.

Once again, I really really hope this show doesn't get canceled after the first season.

12. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Damn the man!!!

:mad:
    ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Our damn UPN network decided to rip off the Fox network for baseball tonight, and is delaying Twilight Zone for 2 hours. Damn those guys, the show better be worth the wait or I'm going to write a nasty email.

13. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Uhh.. I meant to say affiliate, but I'm still pissed.

14. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm Pissed!!!

15. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well, I watched the episode and it was alright. The second story was pretty predictable though. The first story with the secret service officer was good. I especailly liked how the Arizona car had a license plate on the front. Cars here in Zonie land only have one back plate. And before you ask, yes I am a nerd. ;)

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Yet another new episode tonight! :)

-G

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp A one-hour story for tomorrow's episode (instead of the usual two half-hour stories in an episode).

-G

18. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've got to remember to watch it. It seems like I am always doing damn school work on wednesday nights. :mad:

19. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I missed the last 15 minutes due to a phone call!! :mad: As far as the part of the episode that I saw, I thought it was good. But, they should stick to 1/2 hour stories because it was just too long.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I just watched it (yep, once again on tape). It was pretty good, although I do agree that for the most part, each one-hour episode of The Twilight Zone should stick to having two half-hour stories.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Interestingly, that one-hour story was directed by Jonathan Frakes, the guy who played Commander William Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation (and who directed the last two Star Trek movies as well, although not the upcoming Star Trek: Nemesis). I had heard several months ago that he was going to direct the first episode of the new Twilight Zone, but I guess that plan fell through.

-G

21. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    BTW, how'd it end?

22. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well I missed another episode of the Twilight Zone, because our local UPN affiliate decided to show a Phoenix Suns B-ball game instead. :mad: this is really pissing me off. I've only seen like 2 entire episodes