The Truth about Team Germany (r)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Like, taking them to the bathroom and stuff?! :eek:

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    You seem to have an unhealthy obsession. :rolleyes:

3. Zizou90

Zizou90 New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the truth is there lucky bastards

4. Zizou90

Zizou90 New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'"m a litlle bored by the fact they win so much

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ooooh, the player pool for the friendly against China on Feb. 25 (and for the Algarve Cup) has just been announced, and old "Lesbian Scandals" is ba-ack! (Will she need a visa for Bielefeld? She might want to start looking into it now.)

Newbies are some U20s: Baunach, Schmidt, Kulig and Banecki (N., of course). Goeßling is in too. Out through injury are Stegemann, Hingst and Laudehr. On call are the likes of Fuss (really? She's had a good season so far), Rech (ditto), Zietz (really? for other reasons), and Wimbersky (no comment, but bless her little heart). Bresonik is listed in midfield, Baunach in defence, just in case anybody's interested. Jocasta will be pleased to hear that Omilade is getting a look in too.

The full list can, of course, be found on the DFB homepage.

6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I like that!
    I like that too.
    Oh? She was on crutches [sic] a week ago in Magdeburg. But I don't know what's been ailing her, so a healing miracle may yet happen between now and then. Maybe she just twisted something posing for the BILD photographers.

Okoyino da Mbabi is back! As is Bajramaj. And Bachor (Girl with a Pearl Earring) and Omilade have moved up from the "on call" list. (Hey, that's four nominees from my Bad Neuenahrers!) Müller, one down, probably to make room for Grings. Mittag gets another chance to miss a few dead-certain goals?

Sooooo in defence I'd say it's almost certain that one of the newbies gets a chance - can Baunach go first, please?

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  8. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Yay. Some of my favourite little fußball mädchen. :)

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Jenson, can you do my German homework for me? I'm perfectly aware that it would be better if Micol did it, but somehow I think it'd be more believable if you knocked something together.

10. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    But you will FAIL.

Ich haaaaabe, hunger, hunger, hunger, habe hunger, hunger, hunger etc.
    Deutsche Heute Graduate. :D

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, I see your point. :rolleyes:

12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Speaking of Fußballmädchen, it looks like Silvia Neid can give a couple more of those a chance than she was bargaining for: Annike Krahn tore two ligaments in her foot this morning and is out for 4-6 weeks. Which neatly covers the period of the China match and the Algarve tournaments where, no doubt, she would have started. :rolleyes:

So, who's next? Who will be the lucky one from the "on call" list? And who's going to take Krahn's place on the team?

And oh, Bajramaj has a thigh injury. Nothing dramatic, from the sound of it, but she hasn't exactly had much playing time in the last few months.

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Rech, Rech, Rech, ********ing Rech.:rolleyes:

Or maybe someone else. NOT.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm just having a psychic moment. Neid's going to call Fuss, isn't she?

:rolleyes:
    It's amazing the difference a few pints can have on your grip on reality.

15. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  16. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    [​IMG]

17. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Let's all bow in awe at our resident psychic's power - except for redcard, who may feel more inclined to do another happy Snoopy impersonation: Neid has indeed called Fuss to replace Krahn.

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ms ********ing Versatility.

:rolleyes:

19. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Down to her very hair colour, that's what I call commitment.
    Actually, Neid gives her great performance as an inner defender last weekend against Wolfsburg as a reason.

20. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  21. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    A DFB interview with Renate Lingor on her working life post active football - how she doesn't miss playing football, although she might feel tempted by the Brazil match in April, how she enjoys her work divided between helping organise the WWC 2011 from her office and going on the road to market it, how she thinks that Bianca Schmidt, Nicole Banecki, Kim Kulig and the Kerschowski sisters are currently the most promising young talents, and how Kulig or Laudehr might be candidates for "the next Lingor".

22. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    A DFB TV video about [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0uEHsjdHcA"]a YouTube video [/ame]about Kim Kulig. :rolleyes: Can't they do better than that? :confused:

23. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Birgit Prinz won't be playing either the Germany-China friendly next week or the Algarve cup because of an injury - I'll leave it to the experts on board to supply "Muskelfaserriss in der Kniekehle" in English. :confused: Martina Müller is the lucky substitute who gets to join the squad in her stead.

From DFB-News

Interestingly, the Bundesliga preview on the Frankfurt homepage does not mention the injury.

24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    That was fantastically dull. Despite the costume changes.

Aren't they calling anyone up for the injured Bresonik?

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    From what I can see, Bresonik hasn't called off so far, not even for the Duisburg match on Saturday.