The "Thoughts That Don't Require Their Own Thread" Thread XIV

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by rkupp, Oct 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  2. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  3. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That only works if you are in the Boston market. They use your IP address to see if you qualify for that market. Vermont is not in the Boston market, well sometimes, maybe, kinda, it depends; but for this app....no.

Sachem07 repped this.
  4. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Apologies, just trying to help. For those that are savvy, you could also vpn.

BERich repped this.
  5. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'd pay money to get my twitter ban reversed to see Goldenhand33's reaction to the first 3 games...

6. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two changes I like at Gillette:

The section signs tell you which aisle to use to get to your seats.
    Proper chairs for the players and staff.

7. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cincy is 1-11-1 in last 13 games, getting shut out 9 times.

Since scoring 2 early vs Nashville in week one, they have yielded 10 unanswered goals.

Half of their 2020 wins (2 of 4) and almost half of their goals (5 of 12) came vs Red Bulls.

They are on bye this week before opening their new stadium May 16th vs MIA.

8. CTREVS

CTREVS Member

New England Revolution
    Apr 18, 2002
    Hamden
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/columbu...bus-to-drop-crew-from-name-in-rebrand-sources

I honestly wasn't sure whether to put this here or the MLS other teams thread (but that seems to mostly be about results?) sorry if it's already somewhere I didn't see. SO BORING. There's a point in time TBH when I did want the Revs to completely rebrand but now I think it would be very lame if we just became New England United or New England FC. We're damn near the last team with original branding left now though.

Sachem07 repped this.
  9. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Posting here most because Monty is no longer on twitter

patfan1, BrianLBI and NFLPatriot repped this.
  10. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best video I've seen of the play. If the VAR official saw this replay it should have clearly been flagged for review. Also -- it looks like the ball hit P[batch of consonants]'s arm or shoulder in the play.

11. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    P[batch of consonants] is in front of Turner as the ball comes in, but his right arm extends outward to shield his space as he prepares to head the ball. And, while that may be reasonable and allowable at chest height, it definitely isn't at head height - and ultimately he is responsible for any contact with his arms in an unnatural position.

So, it may have been accidental/unintentional as we don't know if he was aware of Turner coming on (though I would have to think he was expecting it - as Turner had come out to pick away high balls from his reach over and over again all game). But intent doesn't really matter, his elbow was in a place where it shouldn't have been and where other players had the right to be (without risking their heads).

12. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I can't stand the way Liz Pehota says "PhilaDOLPHia"

Revs in 2010 repped this.
  13. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I can't stand when her and other Amearicun announcers say Aendrew Fearal instead of Andrew Farrell. There is no a in the e (eh) sound and there is no e in the a (ah) sound! So annoying. :mad:

Sachem07 repped this.
  14. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Is the rest of the Eastern Conference a bust?

15. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

Sachem07 repped this.
  16. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Can't wait till we get back to a [more] balanced schedule.

17. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Watching Bou got me thinking about La-33's extremely cool take on the Mancini original. This was a big hit in South American about ten years back. There are a many live versions to be found.

La Pantera Mambo - YouTube

18. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Revs have put in a claim on this kid from Georgetown and now have his MLS rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/25/jacob-montes-signs-with-crystal-palace/

Seems like ever actually playing for CP would be fairly unlikely, since getting a work permit will be very difficult, seeing as he's not part of a NT program. They are going to have to loan him out and hope that he gets enough points from playing time to eventually qualify - so a return to MLS at some point doesn't seem unlikely.

Given that, it seems like the Revs have made a fairly prudent move. Portland had his rights, but weren't willing to offer him a contract without trying out first. [His college teammate, Sean O'Hearn, is on Revs II].

NFLPatriot, Sachem07 and Steve_R repped this.
  19. brittkamp

brittkamp Member

Nov 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This belongs probably in another thread but, got a little depressed seeing St. Louis' stadium going up. sigh.....

20. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Roughly 20 years later, Winston Griffiths is still the player that's come closest to winning the Revs an MLS Cup.

Revs in 2010 repped this.
  21. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my travels last week, I came across the following: 20210528_124212.jpg

The bartender wasn't aware that there was a team by almost the same name. BTW, I'm crazy about scottish ales so I did end up having both!

Crooked and Sachem07 repped this.
  22. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    If anyone's watching the European Cup (I love it as a mini-WC, where the skill level is less watered down then the 'big show'), France/Germany was a wonderful game to watch.

The level of skill and precision was amazing to watch, on both teams. Although it will be lost to the archives because it ended up being blown offsides, Mbappe had a brilliant moment (around 60') where he took the ball to the top corner of the area and beat 3 defenders and the GK, banking a curling shot in off the far post.

BERich and A Casual Fan repped this.
  23. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who wore it better? :D

upload_2021-6-22_14-2-42.png

Crooked, ktsd and patfan1 repped this.
  24. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Its encouraging to know that this team has not played to their full potential, and had the results they've had... but I sincerely hope we make a COUPLE additions in this window.

I'm not convinced Traustason can find the level that we need.
    We were pinning high hopes on Caicedo, and Kaptoum, neither of whom have been a factor at all. Mafla hasn't got off the trainer's table either.

We still need players in those positions. I'm still not confident Adam Buksa will win us an MLS Cup. I think either him or Bou needs to be re-structured under a DP deal. It's hard to say which one at this point, although I'd assume Buksa would be easier to get done. I like the interplay of the two, but I'd much rather spend some money on competition for Kessler, Bell and Farrell. If Turner doesn't have to play like a demigod every single game, maybe we'll get to keep him longer.