The superclasico and the class of Madrid fans [R]

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by NASL Fan, Nov 19, 2005.

1. danny_mac3

danny_mac3 New Member

May 19, 2005
    France & USA
    Madrid is the new Philly. . . . :D

Rep for the goal links BTW.

2. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005

Rooney>Eto'o
    Messi<<<<<<Ronaldo

3. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I think in the future Rooney would be greater than Eto'o, not at present. Messi is a greater talent than C Ronaldo. He is just an amazing talent. His ball control reminds me of Maradona.

4. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Huh? Hope you will back it up with reasons.

5. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    :confused: you got some splainin' to do.

6. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    As a CF, Eto'o is incredible right now. Can't say the same about Rooney.
    Do you ever watch Barca play?

7. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    1. Rooney isn't a CF
    2. I watch Barca every week.
    3. Rooney is 'incredible right now' and if you think otherwise, then your opinion is worthless.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i think youre giving away incredibles too easy there. ill save that for the chosen few. rooney isnt there yet.

9. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    The chosen few are usually reffered to as stellar on here from what I've seen. Rooney is incredible. A 20 year old who shines in 9 out of 10 games he plays no matter the pressure or the opposition. That is rare and it is worthy of the term incredible.

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    hmm.. the 3rd goal was nice but it wasn't special imo... when a defender actually puts in a challenge then I'll find that goal special... its more a highlight on the disgrace of Madrid than the skill of Ronaldinho... not taking anything away from him... he did what he had to do, but the defence was absent on that goal.

11. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    No ********. But the discussion was Messi-Eto-Ronaldinho or Messi-Rooney-Ronaldinho. In which case Rooney would have to be a CF. Or else Messi, and Rooney would be put on the wing where he gets limited with ManU.

I said "as a CF". :rolleyes:

12. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Rooney is a great talent no doubt. But out of the two if anyone currently deserves the tag 'incredible', it is Eto'o.

13. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You should use those eyes and look at the floor. You tried to get cute, no good trying to worm out of it now.

14. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I'm watching both every week and honestly Rooney is being more 'incredible' than Eto'o is. Even his display against Argentina where Eto'o does not shine so well for his NT. As they are in different positions a direct comparison is impossible and unfair, but Rooney's affect and influence on the pitch is more to me than Eto'o's is.

15. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    I would just never expect any technically superior player from Northern European countries. Just don't have it. The futbol culture doesn't groom kids that way. You have to play tough with grit, power, speed, ferocity, courage, character and no no no - on finesse seen as weakness and useless flash. That is northern European essence when it comes to futbol. - Sadly the US is becoming that way too.

In Brazil, Argentina, Naigeria, flair is the culture. It is an acceptable quality.

16. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Eto'ooo is better. At least right now. I think he is more talented, faster, and most of all smarter. PPL don't realize what a samrt player Eto'o is.
    Consistency wise they are at par. Eto'o does move in and out of games, with some incredible wasted chances. Rooney can be overshadowed by good defenders. I have seen it time and again.

17. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002

What a blissfully ignorant life you must lead. Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Matthews, Van Basten, Finney, Kiezer, Blanchflower, Breitner, Baxter, Schuster, Hoddle, Barnes, Dalglish, Hamrin, Laudrup, Littbarski, Best - I could go on. Please don't come out with any more sweeping generalisations.

18. River Eddie Plate

River Eddie Plate New Member

Nov 9, 2005
    New York
    I have to go with ETO ! The game with Arg was a friendly. Going with ETO on this one !

19. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    You clearly don't have a clue. You definitely don't watch Rooney on a game to game basis. I would like you to name the times you have seen Rooney 'overshadowed' by good defenders. List all the games. The Milan games were pehaps his worst big game experiences, but in one he was played at Cf and in the other he had barely any support. Other then that name me this number of games were Rooney has been overshadowed. I'm curious.

20. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Except Cruyff , Best and Beckenbaure (all old timers) I don't see anyone in par with what you get out of Brazil and Argentina. (personal attack aside)

21. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    To repeat your point- AC Milan vs ManU Last year CL match ups. He was made to look like a school kid.
    Last European cup matches he was not a factor. Listen, the guy is a good player. That is it. When the team plays good he plays good, like the last Chelsea game. He is the best England got, other than that I don't see him say carry a team, may be he is still young, we will wait and see but don't try and crown him as you do saying he is better than Eto'o.

22. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I rest my case. You are not qualified to take part in this discussion.

23. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    Have you ever seen any footage of Stanley Matthews? Only Garrincha regularly performed at his level. Just for the record, at the age of 41 he tore Brazil apart.

Any of those players (and more beside) possessed more skill and finesse than the majority of South Americans. Yes, the best South Americans generally have more technical apptitude than their European counterparts but for every Ronaldinho there is a Gilberto Silva just as for every Tom Finney there is a Nobby Stiles.

24. lanman

Aug 30, 2002
    Did you watch any of Euro 2004?

25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's not that uncommon to applaude a rival fan, the Bernabeu crowd did it to Maradona with Barcelona in the 80s, to Van Gaal's Ajax and to Dinho the other night... At San Mamés (Bilbao's venue) they do it sometimes, too. Places where the crowd is used to good football and can appreciate it, even if it comes from a rival. It's considered a honor to the player.