News: The Strikers Official Name Announcement

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by chichi, Feb 11, 2011.

1. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Strikers 2011 Official Name Announcement this Thursday 2/17/11 in Fort Lauderdale Beach at Las Olas and A1A. 5pm

http://fb.me/FCFFfkbo

[​IMG]

2. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there!! Show up people!!

3. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The shirt that gave us such great memories and thus kept the dream alive so that one day our children can rejoice just like their forefathers before them.

[​IMG]

5. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Uh, why do you need an official name announcement when we all know what the name was going to be for over six months?

Must be so the Strikers can get a big media blitz and sell like a few dozen season tickets.

As bad as the Rowdies rebirth has been handled, it will look awesome in comparison to the Strikers trainwreck.

6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least they are doing something to get the word out. Considering the last few years, that's positive.

Trainwreck? No. At least, not yet...;)

7. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    For God sakes, they'd better not wear those abortions of Striker kits they wore last year in Rochester. Remember how bad they looked?

[​IMG]

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll find out about that on March 26tn when the 2011 season uniform is officially introduced. I doubt it will look like the gem in the picture...;)

9. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Antique, I read somewhere not long after the Rochester game that Traffic and Miami FC had NOTHING to do with the creation of those jerseys. It was Rochester's heritage night for the Lancers, and they were the ones that came up with those ridiculous things for Miami FC to wear. But hey, it does make sense. Why would the Rhinos have wanted to be shown up on their heritage night? Outside of a true diehard Lancers fan, who remembers what their jerseys looked like? But what soccer fan doesn't remember the Strikers hoops?!?

I think we will see something very similar to the originals when the jerseys are unveiled in March, but not exact of course. Go Strikers!!!

10. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody has known what the name will be for the last six months. I don't think Traffic probably even fully decided until the last few weeks themselves. Judging by all I've seen and heard, I'd be willing to bet that when they first came up with the Strikers rebrand idea, Ft. Lauderdale Strikers was not their first or second choice, and maybe not even their third. But as time went on, as they get the full weight of the fans' opinion, and they realized that the Strikers would have to be perhaps THE flagship franchise of this league, it just made sense to take the rebrand all the way back and reconnect it to what is still a meaningful tradition and legacy for this area.

Do you have any clue that true fans of lower division soccer teams would KILL for their team to do a "media blitz"??? I think it's pretty well known that one of the major issues with lower division soccer has been a lack of solid marketing. Without it, it is very difficult to get decent crowds because you're not reaching anywhere near the entirety of your potential fanbase. Fans of every single pro soccer franchise in this country, Canada, and the Caribbean should hope to God for their team to lay out the cash for a "media blitz." That can only help attendance, which can only help a team financially, which can only help a team's long term viability, which means fans have a team to continue supporting. See how that works?

11. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  14. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hooray! I wish this was streaming online.

Anyone been to the Miami FC website lately? There is a weird image kind of tucked off on the left side and also a smaller on at the top where they show the links to the NASL clubs.

[​IMG]

Might this be a new crest? I'm not at the event to see. The black is simply the transparent background color of the image. The letters are kind of a dark aqua which seems a little odd.

If it is, I actually kind of like it. They kept the Candice font of the old Strikers logo and put it on a big block S. It has a simplicity to it and there's no cartoon animal or big soccer ball in it.

15. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I actually like the logo, too. Would be better if it was in red and yellow.

BTW, the NASL will have a full recap of the presser in Ft. Lauderdale on the league's website tomorrow.

16. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I like it to

17. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    That logo is already up on the NASL website.

18. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure that is the logo?? What happen to the colors though? will they match the uniforms too? Im lost?

19. Viva Miami

Viva Miami Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like they changed the name and logo but kept the Miami FC colors. Interesting. I wonder where/if the yellow and red will fit in.

20. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I think the colors match well, just by looking at the website, I really like this logo it reminds me of the Brazilian teams logos but it is very unique. Very simple but classic looking.
    http://www.miamifc.com/

21. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My understanding is this is just a secondary logo, something the team will use on company documents and such. The main logo is still being designed and should be unveiled next month along with the kits. They colors are definitely going to be the classic red, yellow, black, but I imagine the kits will be slightly different than the originals. I'm sure we'll start hearing more now that the name mystery is over. Welcome back Ft. Lauderdale Strikers!

22. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not the crest. It's an alternate logo, which is damn sexy(the wordmark too). The colors are red, gold and a dark charcoal gray color(that looks sort of blue sometimes).

By the way if you go to strikers.com, the website has changed over.

AWWWWWW YEAAAAAHHH!!!

GO STRIKERS!!

P.S. Suck on that Tampa! We got our REAL name lol.

23. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did you go? I couldn't make it, too soon after work. What was the crowd like? Media coverage?

24. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't call that a charcoal gray. It's kind of a blue-gray. I think it's just an accent color for the web page. But it is a sharp alternate logo if that's the case whatever the color. I think it would work great as a crest on the shirt and they can have some main logo for other marketing purposes.

So they got the strikers.com domain? So why bother with mine then? All things being equal I'd rather keep them.

25. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States