News: The Story of NK Varteks

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by BruLee, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BruLee

BruLee New Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it's one of few positive stories about Croatian football :)

3. blackcat

blackcat New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    American Simon Mrsic was over there on trial earlier this year, but I heard that the financial situation was a disaster and could not afford him:/

4. blackcat

blackcat New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its Official NK Varazdin have been thrown out of PRVA LIGA. Maybe NK VARTEKS will make a return to top flight in a few years, But Croatian league is just a DISSASTER!![​IMG]

5. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Shame really as Varteks was a club with good tradition in Croatia..They were known also for producing good young players..The Croatian league is in shambles because of the Croatian football federation..They only care about the national team qualifying for major tournaments so they can stuff there pockets..Its a shame really whats happening..It's only a matter of time before it affects the national team..Basketball used to be a sport where Croatia was one of the best in Europe..Now they are just average..Croatia will become like Hungary in football soon if the corruption in the federation does not stop..

6. blackcat

blackcat New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Very well said couldn't of said it better myself. Croatia is well on its way to becoming a low low league in European Football. Hopefully new people get appointed and old faces get kicked out of HNS.I would have never thought a team like Hajduk Split would have trouble paying there players and being suspended half way through a season :/

7. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Hajduk Split has the biggest fan base in Croatia but yet they are in big debt..There average attendance is much better then Dinamo Zagreb even though the club has been corrupt for a while..Only way to solve the problem is if some private owner comes in and buys the club and runs the club the right way..Im surprised nobody has thought of buying them as there has always been very good talent in the Dalmatian area..Now though all the best talents from Dalmatia are going to Dinamo..Never thought i would see that..

8. blackcat

blackcat New Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I know my friend is in Croatia right now he was training with Hajduk and has been telling me how everything is in Croatia, no matter what he said home games at Poljude are always crowded! He played a few games but... at the end there is just no money. The club is trying to get rid of players to make some! I the Croatian league turns itself around in a positive WAY:) maybe going down to 10 clubs would be the best thing.

9. Herzeg-Croat

Herzeg-Croat Red Card

Jan 16, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  10. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club: