The Status of our players, league, and Bolivian Futbol In General

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh yes, you know I will! I would love for raldes to go to Aris, your fans are second to none, even in argentina!

2. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    idk if you guys heard but evo recently started los juegos estudiantiles so that means theyre going to finallly start taking sports seriously in bolivia and not only in soccer but in basketball etc...

rimba inititated it since hes the new president...so props to him:p....

this should really bring us players with all the training and etc..

this is GREAT to hear

3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Damn, I wouldnt be surprised if we crushed our opposition for that tourny.

What was the qualification structure, the horrid measure of a countries GDP or "Earnings Per Share" of a countries top "private" resource?

All the countries in our group seem to have one thing in common.... Horrible economical #'s.

We should seriously win this tourney. If we're pushing around Brazil and Argentina in youth team futbol, then I don't expect nothing less then 1st place.

5. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey guys I ran into horrible news on the us mens' national team page apprently we got beat pretty badly by the us u-15 team. which is really no suprise I've always heard that the us youth squads are among the strongest in the world but 5-0 thats got to hurt, I'll see if i can find any more info and I'll post it.

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Youth/US-Under15-Boys/Schedule-Results/2010.aspx

6. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Who was the coach? The US nats will just be getting stronger and stronger.

The pedigree of kids I'm coaching now and from what I would coach almost 10 years ago are faster and extremely athletic. Same style but wow am I starting to see more athletic dudes playing more soccer vs. Baseball, basketball or Football. Not saying USA in general is raising healthier kids, just that soccer is attracting the true athletes of this country.

Regardless, 5-0 is too much. Bolivia surely has far more technical players then USA, and for that age group, Bolivia should been more challenging.

We either sent too many players attacking or we were jet laged. Most likely the first one since we're traditionally clueless when it comes to defending.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ouch! But you are dead on where USA stands at the youth levels. They are one of the best squads at all youth world cups.

They have a new wave of kids/coaching that is implementing more of a 'latin american' rhythem to them.

Their I think U19 team or U20 did a south american tour a year or 2 back, with Thomas Rongen. They beat bolivia then too, but also beat many youth teams in argentina and some NTs along their tour.

Apparently keep an eye out for some kid named Carlos Martinez, mexican american that is said to be USAs riquelme based on reports of his class on the ball, probably comparable to Galindo. But he had trials at boca juniors and Bayern, and I think might sign with Bayern.

But yea, im not too surprised at the outcome, but 5-1 is a lashing.... I'd think we'd put up a better fight.

Where was this game?

8. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was it just a friendly or something else.usually our youth as of late has been good...kind of disappointing to hear...is this prep for the youth olympics that are coming up?

9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Do we even have a coach at that level, or did some one get called at the last minute. I think all you guys are right about our youth, should be better than this, something has to be up, maybe they played callejas at the last minute or something and are calling it bolivia.

10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Wow, talk about over analyzing a game no one has seen between a bunch of 13 and 14 year olds.

Youth team games, especially at the U15 level mean absolutely NOTHING. Just so you know, this same team of ours beat Argentinas U15 2-0 two days before they got gobsmacked by the yanks. Like I said youth games mean nothing.

Relax, and hyperbole is putting it lightly when you say the US is one of the best squads at all youth world cups:rolleyes: and yeah I remember when their U17 team played in S. America last year or so and beat us 1-0. Their press said they "rolled over" us. It was supposed to be one of the greatest yank U17 teams ever, yeah, hype 101 as usual.

11. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    noo they mean a lot..especially when it means our rep...it doesnt matter that some of those players wont ever play a game for the NT again in the future
    what matter is if they play well it shows that there is hope and good development going on in the ranks and that one way or another will help the NT and its working for the US and will work for us...eventually:eek:

12. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    LOL!

The up and coming crop of players in the US NATS are far more athletic then what you see in todays MLS. They are faster, bigger and stronger. And believe it or not, some can kind of dribble.

Just got back from Bolivia like 2 months ago, and boy does our futbolito rule. I mean, it's like I forgot how good we freaking are. Our technicality is freaking significant. Clearly we lose games due to our physicality and strategy, but boy do we have the hard part down.

Wether it be youth game or not, I still expected far more from our youth squad. At the youth level, strategy normally takes the backseat of endurance and skill. For this reason, I expect Bolivia to be among the top performers.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahaha you are going just as hard but the opposite direction!

With that said though, yes, we shouldnt be as worried about this as some posters are.... but to downplay the important of youth soccer is naive too.

Look at how our best players that will go down as legends came about? Hell Etch' and Platini played along side eachotehr at Tahuichi and played together through the years via tahuichi/the bolivian youth NT playing tons of tournaments and winning. They amounted to probably some of the best lpayers we will ever produce. That is all based on the structure, coaching, hard asses, that ran Tahuichi during their time. Take all that away, and etch would be just anotehr street soccer player, lost living a normal life, platini maybe too.

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.facetasdeportivastv.com/nota.php?id=16195

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Oh crap! Great news! Did Baldi catch up with him again?

Anyhow, at least he has the dignity to give a 15 day notice. As much as I'm happy he's out of there, hopefully all in personal life is fine.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sooooo.... we may have 2 new nationalized players if they choose to ( http://www.laprensa.com.bo/noticias/26-1-2011/noticias/26-01-2011_10306.php ). Marcelo Aguirre, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Aguirre who is 27 and would be an interesting pick. Any oriente guys care to tell us what oyu think of him? Here is a video to accompany the news.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfFYEbuh0Q[/ame]

And also William Ferriera of Bolivar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ferreira

He too is 27, not a bad pick up either. He is like Botero, although not as good... he has a knack for finishing when he is hot. Hopefully he shows it this thurdsay.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqEH8OU02q8"]YouTube - William Ferreira 2009[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJQNNw68as"]YouTube - William Ferreira[/ame]

Ironic that they are both managed by the same group huh? :p I wonder why...

17. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    William Ferreira confirmed today, in an interview, that he CANNOT play for Bolivia as he has already played for a youth team of Uruguay. I think it was the U-20, 8 years ago.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm.... well if he played for Uruguay at a south american OFFICIAL championship, then he'd be out. Like a youth WC or the south american championship for exmaple what is going on now.

But if he hasnt, he still has a chance. Or so I am pretty sure from my knowledge with the laws thanks to following american youth soccer players.

Gonna make sure though with my source just to be sure, out of curioisity.

19. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Moreno (Martins) play for a Brazilian youth team and was then allowed to play for Bolivia . . . wasn't that the case with Adu from the US as well?

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Moreno's was in a NON-official tourney, just friendlies. However, Ferreira played in the sudamericano for Uruguay at the U-20.

He is definitely out. Said so himself(ferreira), read the article in la razon. He says that himself.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea... but we all konw how badly informed players are/ their agents. LOL

It ssouth america mate.

But yea, he might have already 'capped' himself to uruguay by getting into a official FIFA competition for their U' whatever team.

22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://correodelsur.com/2011/0127/175.php

:D Martin Aguerri is about to come back to La U.. We need him to stop that big hole we have in the defense. But I think we would be a great canadate for playing for Bolivia. He already has two season under his belt he is 23-25. And you guys all remember the way he played in the sudamericana.. class

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Ferreira = rubbish
    Aguirre = lechuguita

donotwant.jpg

24. Orientito

Orientito New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Aguirre is class i would love to see him play for our NT. He's the type of player that will command the midfield with his great technical skills. He was our MVP before he left to Argentina last year...and he's loved by all the hinchada albiverde.

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He's not better than Jhasmany Campos.
    I'm all for the naturalizados, but why unneeded ones. We have plenty of talented midfielders now. ex: Juan Carlos Arce, Campos, Mauricio Saucedo, Rudy Cardozo, Chumacero, Nacho Garcia, Abdon Reyes.

I think Schiaparelli is the only truly needed to nationalize. And we still got Pablo Escobar.