The Spanish Supporters last night

Discussion dans 'Spain: National Teams' créé par womble, 17 Novembre 2004.

Statut de la discussion:
N'est pas ouverte pour d'autres réponses.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Now that I think about it, a better English word for 'míerda' would probably be 'filth', but then again you also use it for 'trash'.

Man, you're still going to claim he said 'black shít'? How desperate are you.

"Dear Lord, undeniable facts have been brought before my eyes, I can not deny them, what shall I do? Oooh, I know, I will ignore them instead and try to pretend he still 'might' have said black shít" :D

He's not saying or inferring black men suck (which would be how '....de míerda' is used) he is saying that this one man sucks. And while using the commonly used words that are "....de míerda" he also says that Henry is black (which he is).

He's not saying Henry is less because he's black, he's not saying Henry sucks because he's black, he's not saying black man suck because they're black. Nor is he insinuating it. He's saying that Henry sucks (which he only did to motivate Reyes, he doesn't actually think he sucks...or why else use a 'bad' football player to try and make an already good football player play even better?) and that he's black; once again: which he is.

But then you're the moron that said even mentioning somebody's skin color (which you have done in that thread by the by, you nazi) is already racist. So I'm not completely surprised you would still insist he was being racist.

Not everyone else, but definitely the dimwitted ones who still claim he said 'nígger' or 'black shít' or that he was being racist. So yeah, I'm right and you're wrong. Again. All is still as it should be in the world.

2. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    Which "undeniable facts" are these? Strange - I just doublechecked with a Spanish colleague what the translation of the phrase was and she immediately responded "black sh!t". So, at the moment, I can choose to trust a lifelong Madridista that I have worked with for 5 years or you who seems to think Racism is a topic to be made fun of.

I wonder who I believe.

So why insert the descriptive term "black" then? The only reason is to combine it with the insult which, therefore, makes it a racist comment.

Right - so anyone who disagrees with you is dimwitted. God you are an arrogant cockmuffin.

If you continue to hold this view then you are wrong and will continue to be wrong until you admit otherwise whether you accept it or not. Argue all you want - denying it continuously demonstrates nothing other than that you share the same racist views as Aragones. Just because you don't think it is racist does not mean it isn't.

Doesn't the fact that not a single Spanish person has joined in this thread to support your views tell you anything?

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Whoa you suddenly found a 'Spanish colleague' out of thin air. Maybe that 'Spanish colleague' who happens to be a lifelong madridista (very important details to determine if she can be trusted or not :D) should visit Spain more often to know how the word is used.

I already answered this question. It went something like this: "Why not? He isn't black? Do you feel being black is inferior that you aren't allowed to call somebody black?" Then you were reaching (again) and said stating if somebody is black or white is already racist. Then I showed that for the stupidity it is, moreso after you did just that.

Just trying to skip a few parts of your broken record.

You seriously need to learn to read. But then maybe that's expecting too much from the dimwitted.

4. SpanishBlackBoy

SpanishBlackBoy New Member

19 Novembre 2004
    Guinea Ecuatorial
    I am surprised that somebody still defends Aragonés... I don´t want to discuss about his level of racism, but what he said is not compatible with his position of boss of a National Team.

5. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    Good argument - you can't counter it so you just infer I am lying. My colleague still lives in Madrid if you must know and is perfectly aware of how the word is used. It appears you seem somewhat out of date since your move to Holland though.....

Maybe it's time you went home for a while and refreshed yourself linguistically - you might spend a bit less time defending the indefensible...

So your argument is that the words "negro" and "di m!erda" are completely unrelated? If not then the term is a racist insult. Again, just because you are such a bigot as to not recognise the term does not mean the rest of the civilized world does.

My bad - you said that only some of the people who disagree with your opinion are dim-witted. Please enlighten me as to why the rest are still wrong and you right. Maybe you could start with explaining to SpanishBlackBoy why you continue to defend Aragones.....

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿What is there to counter? "I've got a Spanish collegue who says otherwise, oh yeah and she is a life long Madrid supporter, so she must be right" This is 'evidence' or a valid 'argument' in your world? :D By the by, I'm still waiting for that link you were talking about where the Spanish press supposedly wrote that Aragones said "cagada negra". Which would be how you translate "black shít" in Spanish. But you of course know this, because your Spanish co-worker no doubt let you know.

I believe this has already been explained. Is this your m.o. when losing the discussion, ask the same thing over and over and over again?

Are you dyslexic or just used to lying when things are clearly not going your way? (say hi to your Spanish collegue for me :D)

But I will enlighten you: I said the people who still claim Aragones said 'nígger', 'black shít, or claim he made racist remarks are wrong, and dimwitted. It's clearly written in the post, just as it is clearly written on that Spanish link that Aragones didn't say "black shít".

This discussion has been over the moment that link has been given, but apparently you can't handle being wrong. Again.

7. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    How about countering your "undeniable fact" that the "negro di m!erda" does not translate as black sh!t.

And yes, in my world when a native Spanish speaker is asked what a term means and agrees that my understanding is perfectly correct then yes, this is a valid argument. Especially when you're the imbecile saying that we are all wrong as we don't understand Spanish.

Care to explain why all 32 years of her life she has been learning a different Spanish to you or why not just fess up that you are full of crap as everyone else on here can see.

One last point - care to explain why BS "stars" out the term "m!erda" if it is such an inoffensive comment?

Yes - my colleague did explain that there were several ways of saying "black sh!t" in Spanish - and yes, the version Aragones was still applicable.

What exactly is your point here?

No - your pathetic attempts at trying to state this was not racist have been repeated over and over and over again though. Each one looking more ignorant than the last.

And what on earth makes you think I am "losing this discussion"? The only one losing anything here is you and your ever-diminishing hold on reality and credibility.

Again - you resort to accusing me of lying.

You probably don't want me to say anything to my colleague - when she asked me why I wanted that term translated I described your "claims" to her. To put it mildly she was less than impressed - she called you all sorts of things, most of them beginning with the word racist.

So you're telling me that the following people are "dimwitted";

You're right (for once :D ) - as soon as you provided that link that showed Aragones did indeed use the term "negro di m!erda" then the discussion was entirely over and you have been shown to be defending the indefensible. Why do you continue to do that?

As to who can't handle being wrong.....

Strange how you did not take the opportunity to point out to SpanishBlackBoy exactly why we was wrong and "dimwitted" as well? I wonder why that was...

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Oh my God, you ARE desperate.

You do realise the only way to prove this to you would be for you to learn Spanish, and you having proven to be the total dumbass that you are, that would be impossible even if you tried. :)

I've already stated that his comments were offensive in (most likely) this thread, and (most definitely) in the others you have also written in, just that they weren't racist. Try to keep up. Really.

The point is that you have no proof at all that he said 'black shít' which isn't a surprise, because he didn't.

Or more likely they practice 'South American' Spanish, which while being very much the same to Spanish from Spain does have it's differences in not only words for things, but also meanings for words. Or even more likely, "......de míerda" isn't as commonly used in Latino America as in Spain, so if one would use it together with negro, they would find it more offensive than a native from Spain.

I'm surprised the Spanglophile that you are couldn't think of this by yourself. Dimwit. :D

I know, for some reason you just can not live with the fact that he didn't say 'black shít', and are reaching at every corner to try and pretend he did. It's amusing for the moment at least.

If you read his post, you would see that he didn't say if Aragones was being racist or not, just that he didn't believe what was said should be done by a national coach. Oops? It's starting to be a habit for you isn't it.

9. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

28 Mai 2001
    So were the monkey-grunting Spanish fans racist?

Or does monkey-grunting also have different nuances and meanings in Spanish than in English? Or is it that only non-Spanish speakers find monkey-grunting offensive?

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Are you implying in this message that Spanish from Spain doesn't have it's differences between Spanish from Latino America?

Because that would be funny.

11. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    I agree it must be a tough language - you continue to show your inability to understand it and it's your mother tongue. Maybe you should have paid more attention in all those extra classes you must have taken to try and catch up with the rest of the kids at school.....

Right - so you agree the comments are offensive and you agree that he included the term "negro" as part of the insult but, in your world, this is not racist.

I suppose you think Hitler was just misunderstood as well.... :rolleyes:

How right you are - the only guide I have is from spanish journalists, spanish posters, spanish colleagues etc

No proof there at all. None of these people can understand the language or it's nuances at all. How does it feel to be the only person in the world who can speak and understand your language correctly?

Of course thats the reason - it couldn't of course be that they disagree with you and highlight you as a bigotted retard with the intelligence of an intellectually challenged amoeba.

As I know that he did say those words despite your best efforts to support your apparently like-minded racist NT coach.

Yet again you prove you cannot read even a simple post and understand it. What he actually said was that he did not want to discuss the racist aspects of the comments but that they were not appropriate for a NT coach.

I know Spanish is supposed to be your principle language (despite the evidence to the contrary so far on these threads) but even a retard like you should be able to see the two aspects were linked.

Keep going anyway - I'm enjoying your ever more desperate attempts to not admit a fact that everyone else can see. I've always thought you were a condescending pr!ck on these boards and it's nice for everyone else to see you being shown up for being the racist you apparently are. :D

12. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

28 Mai 2001
    I'm not implying anything. I'm asking a question. So far you haven't answered it.

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You do realise that you being English, and not even understanding Spanish, telling somebody who is Spanish, that they don't understand their own language...is the most ridiculous thing you have written in this thread by far. And trust me, that's a big achievement. :D

Oh, is this like another one of your racism indicators like already saying if somebody is black making you racist. I guess you can't say anything offensive anymore either, because that would be 'racist' as well.

None of those actually said that it directly translated to 'black shít', apart from your Spanish colleagues of course (It's more than one now? That was fast :D )

This? This is your reply in trying to hide you knew absolutely nothing about the language that you wouldn't know there are differences between the versions of both continents? Dissapointing. I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore.

You do realise even in your own words of what he said, he still doesn't say Aragones' words were racist or not, but that he doesn't want to discuss about it. Yes, the first part of this quote did become extra funny after that revelation.

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe because it has already been stated that the Spanish posters thought the monkey sounds were racist (I believe also in this thread) that your post would be pretty stupid if you were not implying something else with it, but instead tried to be witty with something that had already been conceded. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt :) I guess I shouldn't have :(

15. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

28 Mai 2001
    Another non-answer answer indulging in the usual ad hominems. Why am I not surprised?

My question was asked of you, NOT the other Spanish posters.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :confused:

That really is your only reply when the answers and points given don't go with what you're saying or trying to, isn't it: "another non answer". That's pretty pathetic. :)

I am Spanish by the by, so a take guess if I'm part of the Spanish posters or not.

17. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    And yet no matter how ridiculous you claim I am pales in comparison to your continued denials and apparent inability to understand your own tongue. If you could you would accept the universal acknowledgement that Aragones did use that terminology and that it was racist.

The joke is that you apparently believe you are making sense here. As I said before, this thread is on a Spanish forum and not one single Spanish poster has agreed with you. Considering the venom that has been flying around all week between Spanish and English posters are you not surprised that you have been left completely on your own here?

Are you being this ignorant on purpose or do you get some bizarre thrill from appearing to be so stupid?

Are you trying to tell me that there is no difference between referring to someone as a sh!t or a black sh!t? If you are all you are doing is highlighting that you have no idea whatsoever as to what a racist comment is.

There has been a great deal written about people like you over the last week or so - you are so ignorant as to the true aspects of racism that you cannot even recognise a racial slur when you hear one.

I pity you, I really do.

Yes actually, they did. Guillem Balague (spanish journalist there so you can tick it off on your list) confirmed this term was used. My colleague (yes, just the one - but if you want I can check with some of the many others and quote their condemnation of your ignorance here if you want.) also confirmed exactly this. Both of these are Spanish born, spanish speakers (just in case you wanted to retreat to that bullsh!t excuse of them being "South American" Spanish).

You also apparently missed the editorials on Friday this week of El Pais, amongst others. In here they clearly stated that Aragones quotes had been racist. So yes, whilst they did not directly state the term black sh!t had been used, they did confirm what was said was racist - which is the other item that you continue to deny in your sad and twisted mind.

Hmm - strange how quickly you have jumped from it being merely a "likelihood" they are to them definitely being South American Spanish. Not once have you shown any proof whatsoever that this is actually the case - instead you jump to the first poorly-considered excuse you can think of to continue to deny the truth.

How about you actually confirm it first before you start insulting me on the basis of your wishful thinking. If you do actually manage this then you can move on to explaining how Guillem Balague, my colleague and the editorials in the major Spanish papers all somehow managed to misunderstand the comments.

Once you've achieved all those then you can start blaming this on nuances in speech over two continents.

You still can't read can you. What he says was he didn't want to discuss the "level of racism" in those comments.

But keep trying - I'm sure you'll find a way to argue that the Holocaust was just a PR stunt by the Zionists as well at the rate you are going.

By the way, when I said before that I pitied you... I really meant it. It must be tough to discover your attitudes are racist in the space of only a week. Try accepting it, you might find the next steps easier you fvckwit

18. Prawn Sandwich

1 Octobre 2003
    Bhutan
    By the way, you'd be amazed at the sheer quantity of positive reps I am getting over this thread. You'll also be pleased to hear that a number of these have come from Spanish posters from these boards - what does that tell you?

19. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

28 Mai 2001
    That's a pretty straight up and down question, simply answered by 'Yes (they were)' or No (they weren't).' However, here's what we got:

That's a lot of words for what is a one word answer...................

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You've got some weird ideas as to what 'proves' your right, you do realise that we're mainly the 2 posters still writing in this thread.

This coming from the guy who said that only mentioning somebody's skin color already made you a racist, for some strange reason I can live with this. :)

The first was in an English article, the same English who insist he said it. The second, is not even clear if she actually exists outside your imagination. And the third, the posters you mentioned earlier, if you look in the first thread you were quoting from, you can already see people give different meanings to the "....de míerda", which apparently means the difference in the language doesn't only apply to continents, but also the different countries in one of those continents, in Spain it means "made out of filth/trash".

So no, nobody said it directly translates into 'black shít' in Spanish.

Editorials have opinions, not facts. What was said wasn't racist, you might 'feel' Aragones might have had racist intentions and give that opinion, but what was said wasn't racist just because he also mentioned that Henry was black.

Actually I didn't: "which while being very much the same to Spanish from Spain does have it's differences in not only words for things, but also meanings for words"[/i]

What is strange, is that you are accusing me of not being able to read, when this is, what, the third time I already had to correct you on what was written. Well, it's more funny really.

p.s. in that thread you were quoting from, you can see people differentiating between the two versions:

"negro" is NOT an offensive term in Spain, and especially not so in Latin America"
    "maybe it is diff in spain than south america tho"
    "in peru the word negro is used...."
    "I grew up in a South American/Caribbean household so it might be something different in Spain"

It's not some secret that the language has differences between the continents, I would think it was pretty much public knowledge. The fact that you would describe this as a 'bullshít excuse' and even insinuate it isn't the case, only showcases your stupidity moreso than you've already done so far.

Again, you do realise even after using your own words, and then switching back to his, he still didn't say the remarks were racist. Just that he didn't want to discuss if they were. Reading is fun.

That you should thank me, because apparently I have helped you with attaining something that holds a great deal of importance in your life? :D You're welcome.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

30 Novembre 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Like I said, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the first post, because the answer had already been given before, and I didn't want to just assume you were too dumb to realise it.

I now know I shouldn't use more than one word, because apparently you're too much of a moron to understand. ("He's Spanish.....does that make him one of the Spanish posters? I don't know....arrrghh my head hurts!")

Damn, I used more than 1 word again. :D

22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

17 Décembre 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This thread has gone round circles for the past 5 days and I expected that it would die a quiet death and be forgotten but it hasn't and I am closing it down. For those that want to continue to argue their points there is the Non-Soccer-Related Site: Politics and Current Events forum which can be accessed below. Post away!!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159

Regards,

Pichi
    Spanish Forum Soccer Moderator

Partager cette page