The Spanish Supporters last night

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by womble, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Re: Small minded wankers

I thought this thread was going to be about some of the English players who were kicking and hitting the Spanish players left and right.

We should go to FIFA and ask them to start an official investigation into this shamefull behaviour.....disgracefull.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I guess we should have looked for English people living in the country, and use violence on them, sweet sweet violence.....oh wait, that's apparently only proper etiquete when you lose against the other team. :D

3. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

No kidding. i thing the shameful display of the spanish fans matched the shameful display of the english players.
    Looney Rooney should not be called to play for England again unless england wants to play with 10 players the next time they play.

4. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

There seems to be a general position taken by a number of Spanish posters on BS that all the chanting was down to the Ultra Surs alone - this is just not true.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_y...reu-spainracism_column&prov=reuters&type=lgns

There are some interesting issues raised in the rest of the article which would appear to contradict the overwhelming view that this was just a one-off incident and there is not a problem with racism in Spanish football;

Let's be clear - I'm not saying that English football is clear of this problem (no country is). Where we do do well is in the swift and strong condemnation of any such incidents. This is something that has been sadly lacking from the Spanish FA - yes they have now come out with a statement condemning the chanting but did it really have to take 24 hours and immense pressure from UEFA, FIFA and the English FA and British government to make this happen? It feels like they are only saying this because they have been pushed into a corner.

One final more positive note - the football your team produced on the pitch last night was frightening. Control, pace, fluidity etc - superb. The only issue I saw was that you appeared to create few real chances despite your domination on the pitch - that is maybe something to worry about.....

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

hmmmmm. lol.....Oh yes, and Spain has a history rich in peace and togetherness no? Isn't that the same Spain who robbed, raped and pillaged South America of all its gold? The very same Spain who once had a facist dictator as its head? Or the very same Spain that had troops serving in Iraq very recently.

Go and read a book on History and current affairs before you make arguements like this. Spain is just as bad as Great Britain in its history. Idiot.

I just hope to god you don't stand for your countries beliefs......:(

6. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

And it's comments like that that make people believe the Spanish are not taking the racism issue seriously.... :rolleyes:

7. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    1. The guys who made the noises at Bernabeu yesterday night are a disgrace for everyone in Spain. I am not the one who should be apologizing, but I'll do.

2. I don' think this country is more racist than any other. Specially than England. English peploe that feel outraged at this, please look at your own countrys shortcomings first.

8. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

1. The guys who made the noises at Bernabeu yesterday night are a disgrace for everyone in Spain. I am not the one who should be apologizing, but I'll do.

2. I don' think this country is more racist than any other. Specially than England. English peploe that feel outraged at this, please look at your own country's shortcomings first.

9. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

No-ones saying we don't have racism in football - the difference is that our federation is doing what it can to stamp it out. The Spanish federation is ignoring it.

That is the difference.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I imagine he wasn't just talking about football, the way I see English posters cry about this on 3 different forums around here (that's just the ones I've gone to, bound to be more) you'd think they didn't have players assaulting Asian people, or supporters using violence on foreigners outside the stadium (documentaries teach as much as Sesame street), or their police not doing their jobs when the people being hurt having different origins than sweet old Britanica.

All these things don't happen INSIDE the stadium though...so that makes it a o k. :D Plus violence is much, much less harmfull than chanting in a stadium.

11. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

Grow up you twat - so there are never any racist attacks in Spain then? You guys have a wonderful attitude to the North Africans don't you....

12. illuminatus

illuminatus New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Malaysia

I honestly believe that nobody including the average Spanish person doesn't want to see this disgusting behaviour continue and the Spanish FA do nothing about it. They are probably just responding to idiots like Mel B who are doing nothing to ease the tension. It's a time for cooperation and understanding from both parties to solve a deadly serious problem.

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

¿We're not the ones making thread after thread about the racism of the English people are we? Try again.

By the by, using the word 'twat' is more an insult for yourself than for the other person. :D

14. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

My mistake - I was under the impression I was posting on a football message board... :rolleyes:

You may also want to check on the posts of the majority of your countrymen today - they are only too keen to point the finger about racism in English society and deny it's existence in Spain. I have yet to see a post from a Brit denying we have racism in our society - what we are doing is admitting the problem also exists within football and are actively doing something about it as opposed to sticking our heads in our arses like a large number of Spanish posters have demonstrated on here today (you included but no surprises there).

Twat is an english word by the way and I have a damn sight better idea of how and when to use it than you do. And where you are concerned it is perfectly valid

I also note, unsurprisingly, that you completely ignored the issue you have with the racism towards North Africans in Spanish society. Thank you for proving my point.

15. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

LOL, you and your "countrymen" are attacking our board like its Ireland!
    Go wine somewhere else swine.
    We said over and over again that we do not approve of that, dont know what else u want, me thinks ur just bitter of the lesson in football you received in Madrid.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Oh, so it's ok to be a hypocrite online. My bad.

You may also want to check on what a 'thread' is. You know, with this being a messageboard and all like you say, let's get down with that lingo. A 'thread' is not a post. I've counted 5 'threads' with hypocriticial crying about Spanish racism. I've counted zero 'threads' about hypocritical crying about English racism.

See how that makes a difference when you don't pretend a post is the same thing as a thread. Man, that messageboard lingo is the bomb diggety.

This was funny because it was written by somebody in a country where they choose to ignore local English hooliganism in the press, to pretend it doesn't exist (man, documentaries rule!)

Well, if the purpose of using that word is to make the other person laugh and point at you because you're using such a lame ass insult. That was the perfect way to use it. ;)

Man, do I really have to spell this out? I overestimated your smartness.

"¿We're not the ones making thread after thread about the racism of the English people are we?"

This was written as a reply to that what you wrote - ¿how does one ignore something they replied to? - to make the point that you don't see me going on a hypocritical crusade and make thread after thread about English racism (and there's a plenty of it) like some of the English posters are doing with the game last night.

Seriously, how does one ignore something they replied to? What a "twat". :D

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

Yet again - thank you for proving my point.

As to the comment about my bitterness? Obviously you missed the part where I said;

18. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I sure did miss it, You got me there!
    your team is lucky we had these idiots chant racist chants or they would have been spanked back home.

19. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

Comprehension isn't your strong point is it? I thought it would have been pretty clear that as this is a football message board then the context of racism would have related to how it appeared in football. Hopefully now this will have sunk into your apparently deluded skull. Do let me know if I need to make this any clearer for you to understand.... :rolleyes:

Oh but of course - as long as the Spanish posters typing the ignorant, blinkered rubbish didn't actually start the thread then this is all right.

Nice attempt to weasel out of the context with semantics though - shame you made such a crap job of it.

Weird that - every time there is an incident of hooliganism in this country the press cannot stop printing never-ending column inches about it. But what would I know with my obviously limited exposure to my countries press compared to you in Holland... :rolleyes:

Last time I checked twat was defined as a hairless cvnt - which in your case is obviously appropriate. Shame your English language skills are as limited as your debating skills......

And yet again you fail to make any recognition of the racism in your own country but prefer to make some lame attempt at a putdown to continue to ignore the issue.

You really are pathetic

20. Ibranco

Ibranco New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Kingston, Canada

Your both hipocrits. Does that solve anything?

21. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

ohh by the way.................
    YOU GOT YO A$$ES KICKED!!!
    HAAHAAA!!!

22. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan

Wow - you beat us 1-0 in a meaningless friendly. You must be overjoyed - remind me again as to the overall record between the two sides....

23. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Still, Yo Got Slap Like Ho's!
    you know it, Its true it was only 1-0, but you completely got outplayed in every aspect except pushing.

24. crumpitgunner

crumpitgunner New Member

May 11, 2004
    missing in action

hey its what happens when you play against real teams instead of just islands that cruise ships stop at for snorkling

In all truth I'm sure that it was not the entire crowd taking part in the antics in spain, even though one is too many. English fans have come a long way in recent years in terms of getting rid of racism and drunks, look at the game against the french in portugal, but s*it happens, at least its better than Italy. There ain't no black in the union jack has long been the song at celtic park however.

25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Apparently some of the English do mind, because I didn't see this much 'outrage' when it happened in that other game in some Eastern European country, it probably helped that you didn't lose that one.

Let's see how this thread started, it surely must have been some fine written argumentation for this discussion on "the context of racism would have related to how it appeared in football" :D....."Racist scum Spanish supporters".

Oh wait, I was right the first time. You're a bunch of hypocrites.

Posters responding to these threads writing about English racism, is only to point out the hypocrisy that is being written by the likes of you. Nice try though.

It's becoming even funnier when even the representatives of the English press said that they ignore it on purpose to not fuel more local hooliganism, yet this person on a messageboard would like to pretend otherwise.

It's funny to see you try to justify "twat" as an insult. Don't stop. :D

¿Can you read?
    I guess it helps if you don't in your case. Ignorance is bliss and all that.