The solution to our coaching woes is ...

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... Klinsmann :)

Discuss ;)

2. msufiftyseven

msufiftyseven New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. We don't have the money to pay off JCO's contract and then to bring in Klinsman. If he goes anywhere it will be LA, i hear he has a place on the west coast. Osorio stays now for better or worse at least until the end of the season.

Also, if Klinsman couldn't get anywhere with players like Ribery, Toni, and Schwinstiger what makes you think he could get result with our rag tag bunch

3. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we really want landy cakes on this team? ;)

4. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a word....No. But I already posted my more detailed thoughts here, starting 2nd post down, along with the reply from wandering.. and my response to him.

If Osorio can't turn things around, Klinsmann won't be able to do it either. If/when it comes time for Osorio to go, then I'm fully behind Richie Williams. Superstar coaches have never worked in this league, and will never work while it's structured as it is now.

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    This has been my thinking all the time, If a coach can get results with 5 star players, how in hell he will do this with second division players, but, always is a but:

We have to repair the damage of Osorio and they are a bunch and heavy that will need more than three months to fix, so, the sunniest we start the better, I will say that we need to have in place a new coach by June 30 or sooner, to start making the changes immediately and finish them in the preseason next year....And I think too that the best indicate person for the position is Richie, he knows the MLS and knows what players we have and what players we need, beside that he did a good job when most we needed and after two years at the front as a assistant, he must be a much better than the first time....

6. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: Whoops! Forgot about that angle :D

7. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 It is time for JCO to go

#2 Agree 100% that the anklebiter should get it. He did himself credit as interim head the other year and should get a shot at it now.

8. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klinsmann needs a brake.............

Actualy i still belive in Osorio, someone just needs to sit him down and talk to his head and support him. I think he likes to put himself in a hole then dig out, but he does and he will, if not then there is the door.
    How long is his contract for ?

I still don't understand why we had to replace 50% of the team from last year with 30% Worst players. The way to build chemistry is to stay with 90% of the same players and just make small adjustments.

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Tactics worked at the start of the second half against DC. The Breakdown towards the end of the match was communication and asumption that it was in the bag before they got to the 90th Minute. That's the players fault for not executing those final moments, not Osorio's. If Osorio wore a kit and was able to walk onto the field at the same time coaching it, he would've smacked them in the faces for their lack of concentration at the end of the match.

I'm not happy with their start either, but this hasn't been all Osorio's fault. All of you are also forgetting that all this shuffeling of players is because they are in a current four match, ten day stretch and tonight is their US Open Cup first Round Qualifier & then at LA for a league match. Then the next four are all at home.

If he can't dig them out of this hole by the middle of this month, then he needs to go. But as of right now, he has to stay and fix this problem. Osorio is one of the hardest working coaches this club hasn't had in a while since probably Octavio Zambrano. I talk to the local reporters in the press box like Michael Lewis Ives & Brian Lewis. He pours his heart and soul into each & every training session. He also shows it on the podium after every home match. He knows what's in store for him after the matches are done.

10. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's very reasonable on the face of it, GIO; but define "dig them out", please. Does that mean, say, winning three out of those four home games?

11. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if things don't get better in the next 3 or so games (4 including tonight's Cup game), then I'll probably be in agreeance with you on #1, but only if #2 would happen.

But I have this awful feeling that RB management would ultimately be looking for somebody from the outside (big name or not), even if they do put Richie in charge for a short interim spell. :mad:

That's the thing - I still hold to my belief that Osorio has a lot of potential and will ultimately be a very good MLS-level coach despite the sh!t-cake that has been the first 7 games of the season. Maybe he needs a different team setting or simply more time to learn. But nobody wants to be the team that is the test-drive for a coach who still isn't up to snuff yet at a certain level (Paul Ince/Blackburn comes to mind). He's got the tools both within himself and with the players on the team, IMO, but if he can't prove that he is able to put it all together yet then he needs to move on and continue his learning experience elsewhere.

12. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Hmm. I dunno guys. I also agree that Osorio CAN be a great coach. He's made some great moves. He's also, of course, made some awful moves.

But, really - has ANY coach we've had done better? I think if we're being honest we have to say no.

I'm willing to give him some more time. We keep on sacking coaches after a year and a half, and look how great that's made the team :rolleyes:

13. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately I agree with you (again) about RB corporate :mad:

If I were RW and were offered the job on an interim basis again, I'd give very serious thought to turning it down. OK, easy for any of us to say that from the outside; but what does it say about management's confidence in you if they're only willing to give you a temporary spot, for the second time?

14. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    If they can't beat LA on the Road, SJ & Houston at home, then it's time for him to go.

15. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll sign on to that.

16. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    And I am being serious on that. Right now they won their open cup qualifier in San Jose. But they don't earn three points on their record for that one. LA is crap, San Jose isn't that good and Houston plays like crap on Turf. You have to put up a road block and say this is the line that has to be crossed if things go horrible and you can bury the coach.

Don't get me wrong I don't want him gone, but if things are not turnaround and going in the right direction then by that home match against Houston, it's time to give someone else a chance.

Last season the club earned their first international club tournament spot going to the MLS Cup Final. The only way to get back into the CONCACAF Champions League on a consistant basis, is if they go far into the playoffs, win the Open Cup or find a way to get that top spot on the points table. The expectations are higher then they have ever been. If winning this USOC Qualifier in San Jose starts the turn around then we won't have to talk about reaching that line on Osorio.

17. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
  18. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Kahlva, just name one of the great moves of Osorio....

19. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kandji

20. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Come on, Kandji was offered to the RB because they are out of money, and the only that he did was accepted, but he don't scout him or look for him, he fall in his lap like Celades too...That at the end I thing will be the only good acquisition of the Red Bulls after Arena left and maybe Pacheco too...But I have my hopes that Celades will have a very good second halve this year....

21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasnt offered...WTF are you on:confused:

22. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    See Metz, here is the reason where I have to disagree with you. This post is all wrong and you assume these things happen. Red Bull needed help with offense back then as well and no one in MLS wanted Kandji, RBNY did. Red Bull wasn't out of money first off all. It was a loan deal from the defunct Atlanta Silverbacks. Understand it please A F'EN LOAN DEAL! They kept him on the roster and when they were ready to sign him and keep him RBNY did.

Kandji didn't fall onto their laps as you say. RBNY saw him when the Silverbacks were on the FSC Friday Night match of the week. And please Metz, don't tell me "My dear GIO you don't know anything" crap. Your the one that keeps assuming that Osorio gets the players from the scrap heap out of the blue bull****.

Your a good fan Metz, but you make up sooooooooo much balony that you want to sound so smart. Stop while your ahead right now. Celades never got a chance to play till Saturday night off the bench. If he didn't have that quad injury then it would be a different story.

But as I have said, if he can't turn it around by the Houston home match it's over and pull the plug.

23. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Look, it's rather simple: the solution to our coaches woes is a quality attacking midfielder. You can't blame him for Reyna not working out and you can't blame him for thinking that Rojas would work out. Given Rojas's CV, you would think he would be an absolute star in MLS. But he's not.

There's no question that Osorio understands the game. If you had the talent he had to work with you would tinker, too.

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Was public that the Silverbacks was in economic problem and was selling the players, and when The RB play against them, they don't know nothing about Kandji before that game, and after the game knowing the hard ship of the Silvers and seeing Kandji play, they say EUREKA!....., is that one way of something to fold in they lap or not?...

Don't tell me now that Osorio was scouting him for months or he was in wherever the Silverback from, special for that purpose....Was like I say, just fold in his lap like Celades too...and is the only two good signers he has for the RB from the bunch of bums he has bringed here....

25. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Silverbacks announced they were in trouble after the Kandji Loan deal came about. It wasn't a coincidence. So please don't assume something you think you already know.