The second person to be named for not replying/paying in full

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    tis true.

when are you heading over? i imagine you are going to be gone by the time I get to London

2. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Tomorrow morning 8:20am out of Newark. That said, I won't be at the Cardiff match as I'm headed to Budapest on Saturday to meet up with a friend, and then stopping in Rome before actually attending the Boro match on the 14th. Home on the 16th, grad school starts up again on the 17th.

Sorry I'll miss you. Perhaps its time to go visit Chicago again.

3. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    HOLLA! :D

4. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Jim, you've got until tomorrow to reply or your ticket is gone.

5. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    no one knows where he lives? one of the contractors where i work didn't show up for a few days. we called police and it turned out he'd died over the weekend. :( and get this, he had the flu and he died of dehydration! :(

6. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i know what town he lives in, just not his address.

7. impalemeplz

impalemeplz Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Sydney
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    why does this remind me of goodfellas :)

8. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the last six words of this post really necessary?

9. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna see Rick in those extra long collars.

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, he's not dead. He's stopped coming on after Rick called him out. Last activity, Dec. 30. https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/member.php?u=31666

Weasel...

11. GunnerOToole

GunnerOToole New Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Terrible thing. Just hope something bad has not happened.

Again, I think Rick should charge extra for his services which would allow him to cover "bad debt". Heck we pay a lot to travel to the "stadium of dreams" such as drink, airfare, hotels, grub, etc. An extra 10 quid a tix would not kill us all (spare us from the "last pint"). Seperate fans from mice.

12. arsenlmc58

arsenlmc58 New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I've never even met Rick and I already can tell what an hardworking and honest guy he is. I've already sent him close to $400 for some upcoming games in march so i can see arsenal play in highbury atleast one time, I've sent all this money without ever even seeing his face. I think everyone can and should trust him just by reading these threads and seeing what he means to the arsenal section of bigsoccer.

...orrrrrr he could turn out to be some random guy in a dark alley wearing a spurs shirt, you never know on the internet these days. :D

13. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have an address, but I think it's a school one. It includes a room number if someone needs it PM me and I will send it along to you.

14. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Bugger, you found me out.......... ;)

Jim has not replied to my texts or PM's even though he was on until the 30th Dec. Even a simple apology etc wouldn't go amiss.
    I have been told by the club that they are not amused that I ordered a ticket without checking travel info, something that all oversea's Supporters Clubs should do first. From now on my allocation is both going to be restricted and under tighter controls. I am afraid that from now on I will be less flexible with both payment times and details needed. The fact that I have lost part of the clubs trust over this is very embarassing for me. At the end of the day Arsenal America has 3 Silver members, and that is the allocation we should get with one or two more if possible. Our average allocation has been 10-15 per game so far this season. That will now be reduced, hopefully not before the Real Madrid and Liverpool games. But I stress that even though most have paid me for those two games, I have not yet had my confirmation from the club on the amount. They are holding off. So it could be that I find this has lost some tickets for those games. I will let everyone know asap next week. If this does happen there are two options. a) I will refund the money if the person wants it b) I will hold onto the money and do my best to find tickets other ways. As people on here know I generally do this even up to the day of the game (I got 4 for Man U on the day for example). But I will leave the choice to the person. I don't know what else to say, this is out of my hands. Please can those going to those games not PM me until I have contacted them as there is nothing else I can say. If you want to rant at someone - Jim is that person.

I'll let everyone know where we stand asap.

Rick

15. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bullocks and fcuk. :mad:

16. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok folks-word to the wise lets NOT embarrass Rick with the club! That is not what we need to do.......the pub is 1 thing but it is unforgivable to make him look bad like this.

This sucks! So sorry Rick! :mad:

17. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    Its too bad that a good guy like rick has to deal w/ this crap....plus its makin us americans look bad too!!!

18. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    If it was a british fan who had fuxoored this whole deal up I would take it upon myself to go and hurt him. As it stands Jim should contact the club on Ricks behalf to explain himself, but he won't, because Jim is a cnut.

19. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm no less upset about this than the rest of you all but let's just say that I hope nothing serious has happened to Jim or his family in the last week.

20. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I still think some kind of explaination, either way, is warranted considering the effort Rick makes for each of us.

21. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    agree. if something has happened Jim still should have at least given Rick an update. he doesn't owe it to us on the boards just to rick.

22. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree with both of you and I'm angry.
    I just don't know the circumstances or if there are any. He's been outed and if he comes back (or to the pub for that matter) I'd think it would be the wise and mature thing to settle with Rick personally first.

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    fixed.

24. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I volunteer my ass-kicking services when I'm in town for the meet-up. :cool:

25. arsenlmc58

arsenlmc58 New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    That would be the worse news I have heard all year, can I just pay for the unused ticket or something, can that sort anything out?