The Season that Never Started and Never Ends

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Sep 29, 2020.

1. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    What about LA? They could win out and end up at 30 points. I mean come on. Just kidding. GBS makes Freddy look like a genius.

Sadly, I think RSL wins one of these games and ends up at 25 points. I don't know how but they will. I don't think that will be enough to get into the playoffs though.

I'm going to stick with my 28 points to get into the playoffs which is a hedge from the 28-30 I estimated it would take at the start of the last 9 game series for everyone. I guess for most it's only 8 games left, at least for RSL, due to the CRovids debacle? So yea, 27-28 points is on the money. Disregard previous sentence.

If memory serves RSL was sitting at 18 points with the 9(8) games to go and I put the over under at 13 for points the rest of the way. Which now seems pretty generous now. RSL would have to win out the last 3 games to hit 13. So far they have taken 4 points out of a possible 15, I believe.

Long story short, RSL has been awful this season and making the playoffs would be worse than not making the playoffs if you ask me. Lets just put everyone out of their misery and call it a season.

One other thing, will Kyle reach 500 appearances? Can't believe this wasn't already put to bed. Get the guy the milestone so he can retire with dignity and not have to come back next season. yeesh.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KB has to make an appearance in all 3 of the regular season games left to hit that milestone.

rslfanboy and goobx1 repped this.
  3. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like we're pretty stoked about tonight's game.:sleep:

We're 11-11-11 against the Quakes, so it seems pretty even in that respect, but we're winless against them in the last five games played in San Jose and they beat us 5-2 earlier this year in the MLS is Back Tournament. So things look pretty bleak.

True to form, I say we win 3-1.

goobx1 repped this.
  4. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I wouldn't be surprised either way. I think it's likely RSL will win one of the last 3 games just to mess with our minds.

What will the lineup look like? Probably like it did on Saturday with a couple subs around, oh I don't know, lets say, the 82nd minute. Whether we need to use 3 subs or not.

If SJ really want's this game they need to blitz RSL early. If they score first and get a lead Freddy will sub in more midfielders and park the bus or something just as clever.

I will be watching regardless. It's like a car accident and everything is in slow motion and we're just waiting for things to stop spinning and then we can call 911. Not before.

So 2nd Mouse is probably right and RSL wins 3-1. What the hell.

2nd Mouse repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both RSL and SJ have had bizarre performances this year. One week looking like they could compete, especially in a tournament setting, and then losing to teams like Vancouver (hey, we both did that!).

I think we're in for a snooze fest, honestly. 0-0 with both teams on short rest and scared to make mistakes.

I can't wait for Freddy to forget to sub in KB during this last 3 game stretch and ******** up the 500 appearances milestone. it's gonna be the best

DrownedElf, rslfanboy, goobx1 and 2 others repped this.
  6. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Let's play him at least 5 minutes each game, and put in Iloski instead of Martinez, Ochoa instead of Putna.
    _____
    EDIT: your post was better.

15 to 32 repped this.
  7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle is also one yellow card from a mandatory suspension. That would be a hell of an appropriate way to miss out on 500 games.

RSLer, 15 to 32 and goobx1 repped this.
  8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    He should pretty much be a ghost in the next couple games, and then go out in glory with a yellow card foul followed up immediately with a yellow for dissent.

9. boris9678

boris9678 Member+

RSL
    United States
    Apr 30, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Karma?

I hope all the action happens in the first half...I'll mess the second half to teach a class.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So:

Putna

Herrera Silva Onuoha Toia

Everton Besler

Chang Rusnak Baird

Kreilach

(I think)

Bench: Ochoa; Glad, Jones, Schmitt; Beckerman, Portillo, Ruiz, Meram; Douglas

Whatever promising we saw from Jeizon in his ten minutes the other night didn't even get him on the bench. He must have been jogging around the one walk-through practice they had since then.

15 to 32 repped this.
  11. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we lose by how many tonight? Only thing giving me hope is Everton is back.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match Tracker on MLSSoccer.com shows us in a 4-5-1 with Rusnak up top.

13. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The KMYU pregame show had the exact same lineup that you originally posted.

14. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    Anyone else’s stream just go down?

15. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    Nvm it’s back. What an ugly field.

16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so ********ing stupid that Ochoa isn't starting. I do not get this.
    and Portillo ahead of Illoski. We need 3 center mid subs and only one striker. Makes sense.

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunny just said Jeizon has an ankle injury but the x-rays came back negative
    so
    wow
    must have jogged too hard in the walk through

goobx1 and evilradar repped this.
  18. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Kyle should have come on as an attacker at the end of the Dallas game. We had no one else on the bench as an attacker, and he has good shot. I feel the same about tonight's game.

Funny, we went without outside backs on the bench for almost the whole season and now we have two every game when we only need one.

19. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunny just said that Jeizon picked up an ankle injury. They hope he is available for the SUKC match.

Edit: I didn’t see @15 to 32 ’s post.

15 to 32 repped this.
  20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like they have the same problem the RioT did a few years back before the club completely replaced the sod

21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SJ skies a shot from the pk spot on a nice build up. That should have at least been a shot on goal. We got lucky there

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onuhoa is retiring at the end of the season, Glad is out of contract, and I think Silva has a year left(?). I will never understand the decisions Freddy makes

goobx1 repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silva could have easily seen red for that tackle - we know it is red in CCL play - and is now sitting on a yellow just 10 minutes in.
    Going right on schedule

goobx1 and evilradar repped this.
  24. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez Silva. Barnstorm up the field, lose the ball, make an orange-card worthy foul coming back up the field.

RSLer repped this.
  25. evilradar

evilradar Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Apr 4, 2019
    RSL just looks checked out already.

goobx1 repped this.