The RS and the Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by toffeman, Mar 9, 2005.

1. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Yes, but say Roma had won the CL, and the Serie A played out the exact same way. Would any of the people so worried about the "fairness" of this whole thing (I'm talking about the Toffees on this thread) even give a flying ******** about whether or not Roma gets in? ******** no.

2. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    not whether roma gets in or not, but if they allow 5 from italy at the expense of another smaller country, you bet your ass i'd be upset, and i'd hope others would be too. italy, spain, and england are too massive, and spurning a smaller club because, "hey what chance do they have and who gives a fuk," is monstrously unfair.

3. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Well, you're more idealistic than I am. If this was anyone else, I would have a passive interest. But I'm not going to lie, because I think that it only makes sense to let the title-holders of a competition play in it, and only because it's Liverpool.

4. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    i think it makes good sense, and i was surprised when i learned it wasnt a rule. but sara's right. they should wait until next season to enact any rule change. you guys are coming up in the world; you'll get your chance again. will everton get this chance again for a while? i'll leave that to the doom-and-gloomers..

5. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    I love TNS. Extremely small ground. The pitch actually dips a little towards the south. I think there's seating for 75 people. The owner is a rich Bill Gates wannabe nutter. TNS might actually give the L'Pool U-17 reserves a run for their money...especially if TNS puts out honorary player Ian Rush on the pitch.

Rush scored one,
    Rush scored two....

I can't believe I actually wrote part of a RS chant...

6. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    If I finished that for you, it would probably get me banned from the Everton boards.

7. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago

You're not wrong there....

;)

8. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Heres a thought what would you say if a team from the championship [next one down from the epl for those who do not know] were in the cl because they where holders,how much fuss will there be then?
    By the way it could happen

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Depends on how much everyone likes or dislikes that particular club, apparently.

10. Nicodemus145

Nicodemus145 Member

Jul 10, 2003
    AL
    Here's an idea. Chelsea are accused of illegally tapping another player again. If they're found guilty, maybe they could be knocked down to the uefa cup and liverpool could come up. everybody's happy :D

11. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    If only the world worked that way...

Besides Roman would have paid the judge anyways. :(

12. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    To be honest as long as everton do not lose out in anyway shape or form then i really do not care who is in the champions league.Uefa should really have got their heads sorted and maybe make a single spot just for the champions in case they finish lower than a qualifiying place.Anyway wouldn't it be more fun for us if liverpool were in it,then we could knock them out of it lol :D

13. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Yeah, I can't wait either:rolleyes:

14. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That would be awesome if it happened, A european merseyside derby! The stuff what dreams are made of, since Liverpool have to dream if they want to be there next year.

15. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    That would be kind of cool actually. But it's odd that in "European" competition, a tournament in which you can play teams in Russia, that two sides that are separated by only a park would play each other.

16. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004

well we have had every other kind of derby so far and i have been more than lucky to be at most and a great time was had sat next to reds mixed all over the ground.So i believe a european derby night would be such a great advert for football in this country and it will be the final derby,unless sometime in the future we are both pushing to win the premiership and it came down to a derby match last game of the season,now that would be a derby

17. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It really would be something wouldn't it, much bigger than that Liverpool v Ac Milan rubbish!

18. Saviola7

Saviola7 New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Leiden, NL
  19. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
  20. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Theres a chance they could meet in the qualifying stages :eek:

It is scary what Everton may face to get into the group stages: Inter Milan, Liverpool, Werder Bremen, Celtic?, Ajax, Porto. Could be a very grim matchup

21. Toffee Mad

Toffee Mad New Member

May 20, 2005
    Next they'll change the whole competition for Liverpool

Only the top two from each group progress to the next stage but if liverpool finish third they can still continue!

22. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't doubt it.

23. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I doubt that it will be exceptionally difficult. And when we get to the third qualifying round, we'll be seeded, and Everton won't, meaning a potential derby.

24. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Dude, get a sense of humor. He was making fun of your team. :D

25. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    I'll try to lighten up through use of random emoticons that show me as being chipper:) :D ;)