The Ricecles RSL football grid is an embarassment thread

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by lprevolution, Apr 8, 2007.

1. lprevolution

lprevolution Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Philadelphia
  2. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the field sucked, but..

...talking shit about it doesn't help anything. I am sure the fans are sick of explaining the spring training stuff and everybody else is sick of them explaining it. Get over it. They are supposedly re-breaking ground on the new stadium this week.

It's not like every other team hasn't had issues before they got there SSS.

3. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    el oh el

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even worse, some MLS teams play in baseball fields that once were football stadiums. Can you believe it?

5. atlantefc

atlantefc Member

Jul 18, 2006
    F*dabig4neveryleague
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :D :D :D

6. torontofc01 redded

Dec 21, 2006
    Brantford
    It does look like an awlful pitch with the american football lines on them,
    your can hardly see the soccer lines. But Real is getting thier own stadium with grass and no american type football anywhere near it!! good Luck
    Salt Lake!!

7. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can sure tell whose stadium it is with the bright white pointyball lines and the faint yellow soccer markings. I've got season tix to RSL and to Ute pointy-ball and ironically you should hear the Ute fans bitch and moan about the soccer markings in the fall. Can't WAIT to get into the new stadium next year with grass a cow would actually graze on and no pointy ball lines.

At least when spring pointyball is over they'll somewhat cover up the white crap until August.

8. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is interesting. I have to admit I had never stopped to think about how the football teams in these stadiums might feel about it. I always figured that they were mostly not even aware that anything else was going on on their turfs, just stuck it into the back of their minds Jim Rome-style. do they know that we soccer fans hate playing on their dumb pointyball lines probably more than they don't like us playing on them?

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you think that? Crew and Dallas have their own stadiums and they have football lines at least at one point every year. Why would RSL be any different when a big HS football game comes up?

10. rabble-rabble

rabble-rabble Member

Jul 26, 2004
    West Jordan, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There has been talk (all of it tentative) of possibly having the final rounds of the high school football playoffs at Sandy Stadium (wouldn't start until November) but also possibly a few regular season 'rival' matches of nearby schools (such as Bingham-Jordan or Alta-Hillcrest for example). In any case, would be mostly after the soccer is season is nearly done.

11. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear you, but that is what they thought in Columbus and Dallas.

12. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    comparing Ricecles and a SSS is apples and oranges.

Football teams playing on your SSS do not give the soccer fan near the headache that it does to watch your soccer team play on a football field.

1. The FOOTBALL lines are the faded lines a SSS, not like Ricecles were the soccer lines are the faded lines.

2. A football field is not as wide as a soccer pitch. which leaves RLS playing on a field that has walls right up on the sideline. That won't be the case at there new SSS.

3. A SSS is not a soccer only stadium. It IS a stadium set up right for soccer matches that can also host other events. The football teams have to adjust, not the soccer teams.

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you joined the discussion. We were talking about how RSL's SSS might have football lines once its built, not Rice-Eccles (someone please spell it right).

I highly recommend actually reading the previous posts before adding your own enlightment to the Zoo next time.

14. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uhh...that is what I am talking about, retard. If you have your kids read it to you it will be clear that I was.

I showed you why a SSS is much better even if they are playing football on it. If you need a reading tutor, let me know, asshat.

15. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake

You're right, Real won't do sh....except of course play in an SSS in 08. Where does DC play again? It doesn't bug me, it's just ironic that somebody calls Real's current pitch an embarrasment when free kicks are taken in DC from the pitchers mound.

We're getting our stadium. DC's only on deck.

16. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rep.

That's hilarious.

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you've elevated yourself to name calling. Does you mom know you are on the Web?

Thanks for telling us about SSS, its a whole new concept.

:rolleyes:

18. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So true.

19. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol. this is good stuff, and it isn't even the rivalries thread.

20. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am too honest for the kids on this thread. I will have to move along.

21. ravenrooney

ravenrooney Member

Sep 21, 2006
    RSL stadium construction has begun, and we should have it done by the end of the 2008 season. We've only been around three years and you tell us our football lines are an embarrassment? How many MLS teams had stadiums 4 years into their existance, like we will? Not many, I can tell you that. DC is the most known team, and they've played in a baseball stadium for the past 11 years. And you tell us our football lines are an embarrassment.:rolleyes:

22. lprevolution

lprevolution Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Philadelphia
    My thoughts exactly. However, two things: One, with all of the problems getting a SSS built in DC Will RFK stay around still, say 2015? Two, look at the Portland situation, Garber is looking at PSG park quite seriously.

Regardless, given the competition rules laid out in April, why is MLS even allowing such ridicuolous notions as AF gridirons.

Will TFC go to grass next season given the incredible support they have started with?

23. lprevolution

lprevolution Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Did you look at the competition initiatives?

24. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least DC counters their current lack of a SSS by fielding a team that can do more than fall on its collective face.

25. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    Ouch! That hurts (as the truth often does).

The only consolation is that we did finally muster up our first win last week. I'm just trying to remember who's ass we whipped... Hmm....