The Return of Lucho the Legend: The 2014-15 Season Thread, Part I

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    no! source?

2. Obito Uchiha

Obito Uchiha Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yellow card? Lol, intentionally kneeing someone in the back is a red card any day of the week. He deserves a lengthy ban too.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #128 Rana catesbeiana, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Having re-thought, and watched it over and over again, I gotta say, I think it's a problematic case. It's a red, I think. Then again, the ref let so much go that you have to mirror an incident to what else is going on in the match. So, maybe a yellow isn't a totally impossible decision.

That said, with a lengthy ban I disagree with. People use their legs and make late tackles, push each other's backs etc all the time. You'd have to ban a whole lot of players if severe bans are given of this play. As for Suarez, this is nowhere near as punishable I think, even if the injury turned out to be worse.

Anyway - turns out, FIFA might agree with you. At least they've started a disciplinary investigation into the issue. I'd guess they're gonna slap him a short ban.

4. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Maybe not if it's 6 to 7+months !

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2119819-neymar-back

5. Obito Uchiha

Obito Uchiha Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He intentionally injured Neymar (an injury that could have been career threatening if Neymar got less lucky). It was no ordinary tackle or foul. Hell, I'd even argue that it wasn't a foul, but an assault. Call it overreaction if you want, but Zuniga did not make any attempt whatsoever to get the ball. Seems to me like all he wanted to do was injure Neymar. Intentionally injuring someone like that as dangerously as Zuniga did (again, it could have been career threatening) deserves a lengthy ban IMO.

6. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's just speculation, and there is no evidence whatsoever confirming that. What he did can be said to be red-card-worthy, violent, reckless, pre-meditated etc. - but there's a big difference between playing rough against the opponent's key attacker and intentionally wanting to injure a player. :coffee:

7. Obito Uchiha

Obito Uchiha Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Don't see how it could have been unintentional. He made no attempt to get the ball. Seems to me that his sole intention was to hurt Neymar. What Zuniga did and "playing rough" are two completely different things.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Caceres (doctor who will treat Neymar in Barcelona): "He will be out for 3-4 weeks. There won't be consecuences for his career." [rac1]

evil_allan repped this.
  9. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I broke my lumbar vertebrae (L2, L3 and L5) AND pelvis a few years ago in a hiking accident, and I was more or less recovered 3 months later. And I didn't have all the medical resources of the world behind me.

The key for neymar is not to lose his flexibility and mobility in his back. When bones break the muscles around it grow extra strong to support the traumatized area. He might lose some of his quickness. But he's also very young still. He'll be back 100% soon enough.

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

What a blow!! WC is not over yet and Messi is still in danger when facing Holland.. soon Barca will have to rely on Pedro - Alexis - Delofeu in attack :D:p

11. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Alexis is as good as gone , looks as though he prefers Juventus who will pay the least ! His agent is meeting Juventus tomorrow

12. Zincubus

Zincubus Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks , reassuring hearing your story , pleased you recovered . Losing his speed would be disastrous at his age though .

inswinger repped this.
  13. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Welcome back, ol' timer.

So... how old is Freddy? :D

14. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Beer sponsor? Pop the logo to the sports drink bottles players use during the matches, obv.

I think the new player thinks we should've signed with other brand, though.
    [​IMG]

inswinger repped this.
  16. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania

$$$ ??

17. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Support your club by drinking the local beer. Estrella Damm is the oldest in Spain and is not owned by a multinational conglomerate.

[​IMG]

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ Yep.

I wouldn't mind Barca striking some sort of deal with Bodega Iniesta, though. Would be something to have the logo below as the shirt sponsor instead of QA.
    [​IMG]

evil_allan repped this.
  19. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I drink another from Damm instead? I've tried Estrella a number of times, including while in Barcelona (so it's not that something happens to it during shipping to the U.S.) but have never much liked it. But Voll Damm, OTOH, is great.

inswinger repped this.
  20. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Damm it all to hell. :thumbsup:

21. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

From MVP to SNM ... hmmm that kinda sound like ... :rolleyes:

22. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yup. Voll Damm is amazing, AK Damm is good too. Estrella not that much. Heck, even Xibeca is better than Estrella.

23. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, I've never been able to find Voll Damm here in the U.S. -- I've only had it in Barcelona. Our penya in D.C. brings Estrella in.

24. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Did you try AK Damm? IMO it's what the flagship, Estrella, should taste like.
    Also, tap Estrella>bottle Estrella>can Estrella.

25. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not happy with the Suarez deal. He is useless to us until the end of October.