The Return of Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Motterman, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of now, no.

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.

Her name is Billie Piper, and was once a pop star when she was about 16. She then married, and now divorced Chris Evans, the Ginger bloke with the glasses who presented Don't forget your toothbrush and TFI Friday.

3. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She was also in the BBC production of "The Canterbury Tales" a couple of years ago, and was recently on BBC America (I remember seeing a commercial for it but did not watch it) -- this was a retelling of some of Chaucer's tales in modern times -- she was in "The Miller's Tale".

4. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Last nights episode was great. Didnt like the first 2 episodes i saw but tonights was great. Had a cliff-hanger as well.

5. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Here in the good Ol' US of A, I have gotten my hands on the first 6 episodes via AVI files.

Not too bad quality.

Never did like the Autons much, dissapointed that they show up in the first episodes.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dalek episode from last week was..... FANTASTIC. ;)

7. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I thought it was a good twist. A Dalek with somewhat of human emotions and feelings.

The Time Wars will definitely be interesting to see in future episodes.

Not quite sure what I make of this Doctor just yet. He defintiley is different than any of his predecessors.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like this Doctor, unfortunately he won't last long though. Only the one season and some Christmas special, well that's what the beeb said at least.

9. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Folks still watching this? I'm through The Doctor Dances, and its really been great so far. Can't compare to the older episodes since I haven't seen many of them, but (as you can tell from the avatar) the new ones are excellent.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still watching it, I've got ep 11 waiting to be watched. Sad to think that there are only two episodes left.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, I'm still watching it.

I also heard that Rose is leaving after 3 or 4 episodes next season, which is a bummer, but companion rotation has been a staple of Doctor Who for so long, they should bring in another hottie after she leaves...

12. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Lone Child and The Doctor Dances (as well as Father's Day) have been great.

Others, like The Long Game, have been downright blah.

13. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I've seen recent reports that Billie Piper will stick around for at least the second season. Hope its true, especially since Eccleston will be gone :)(). He just seems to really nail the character. I hadn't even heard of David Tennant before his name was mentioned, hope he can keep the show going.

The episodes have definitely gotten a bit better over the course of the season. I thought Father's Day was the best one, obviously a bit emotional episode. Also the recent Empty Child/Doctor Dances two-parter--Captain Jack is great, hope he sticks around a while. I didn't care as much for the first two-parter with the aliens in London though, but it still had some great moments.

I hope a US network picks up the rights over here, preferably Sci-Fi Channel over BBC America, which isn't in as many homes.

14. sixer1

sixer1 New Member

Oct 25, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Just saw the season finale and it was very good. At the end David Tennant regenerated into the new Doctor.

15. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dr. Who has been picked up for a third seaosn with Tennant signed on for the third. Billie Piper will be back for all of season two and Capt. Jack will be in over half over season two.

16. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think they made the regeneration WAY too dramatic. It's just a change of appearance for the Doctor, not death. His mind is technically the same.

17. Manitoba-Muggle

Manitoba-Muggle New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    winnipeg MB. Canada
    ok so of everyone they could have picked to replace the doctor they pick that guy?
    man they could have at least picked someone who looks a bit inteligent

18. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got around to watching the last two episodes. I thoroughly enjoyed almost the entire season, and look forward to The Christmas Invasion (maybe we'll actually get to see it on US TV if something manages to get worked out).

19. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just seen the first six and was very pleased, as well. Looking forward to getting my hands on the last seven of the season.

20. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    The last episode was great.

21. Pilum

Pilum New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    Runcorn
    Looks like the Beeb got a lot of fan mail about A Certain Supporting Character...

Captain Jack gets a spin-off

I think I'll be keeping an eye out for this one. :)

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New look for the Cybermen:

[​IMG]

23. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, Billie Piper is leaving the show after finishing the second season. A new female companion is being considered to join the Doctor for the third season...

24. Brainodo

Brainodo New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Hoboken
    Love it. Retro and obviously main-in-suit enough for old school fans.

What did the 'new' Daleks end up looking like?

25. Aberdeen83

Aberdeen83 Red Card

Nov 14, 2005