The Reliving Past Glories Derby: LOLerpool v. Arsenal, Sunday September 2nd, 1330 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Aug 27, 2012.

1. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    did fine with shots but looked pretty vulnerable to making high balls is own.

gigglemuffin repped this.
  2. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Cazorla is the player we hope Ramsey can eventually become.

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty vulnerable? You're being kind.

4. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not enough nice words to say towards Arteta. What a signing he has turned out to be. I'm happy for Diaby too.

Nice to get a couple goals, and more importantly, 3 points.

5. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're going to have to change your name to Mediocre Llama.

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was thrilled last season when we grabbed Arteta. Always rated him as very good and
    underrated.

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a bit worrisome but as you mentioned he is making the right runs on and off the ball. He is obviously pretty intelligent player. He is also a handful for any defense and brings an aerial presence that I don't recall AFC ever had before. However, he also needs to have better service form crosses. Gibbsy and Jenks must work on their end product.
    Giroud will come out good though. Hopefully sooner than alter.

8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super...you already forgot? That was quick, mate! :)

9. WoodDraw

WoodDraw Member+

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the new Cazorla song by the way? I couldn't quite make it out on TV.

I did laugh at the "He drives how he wants" and "you should have joined a big club" ones though. Arsenal away excellent as always.

10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely. The difference is that Arteta is supremely intelligent in his positioning, he is neat and tidy in possession and has much better ball skills than Song. It is also amazing how much he does in the defensive side harassing opposing players and dispossessing them. He is the real deal.
    As I previously mentioned, Song would have been riding the bench behind the Diaby-Cazorla-Arteta
    trio.

hughmanatee repped this.
  11. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We bought a underrate world class player for a fraction price of what he is really worth.

12. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arteta and Diaby were great today. I like our current midfield, but there's definitely something to be said for the physicality and athletic ability that Song brought to the table. We didn't miss it today, but we might against sides with bigger, faster, and/or more athletic strikers.

Selling a backup for 15M is pretty good business though and completely understandable, so long as the replacements and starters keep playing well.

13. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really happy with the result today. Still some tightening up to do, but there was lots for Gooners to be proud of. Diaby even looked good, showing some footwork he's not displayed often. Both goals from Podolski & Cazorla show that the chemistry is starting to work!

14. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Harsh. Diaby was fantastic. Love the chemistry between Podolski and Cazorla.

15. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Also, given his size it's a little disappointing that he hasn't had a chance to attack their goal with a header yet.

16. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    I didn't think it was bad at all. I was a little miffed that they had that nasty concrete crap within two yards of the field of play.

thepundit repped this.
  17. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Heck, I wanted to get him five years ago but we were waiting on Denilson to come good.

18. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    that was much better than I deserve as a fan after all of the transfer kvetching! Arteta does all of the things I found most difficult as a player so smoothly

can we please please please play against a cowboy philosopher manager every week?

Catfish repped this.
  19. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Only team not to have conceded in the league. Invincibles 2.0.

20. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean other than free header he had right in front of the net?

Jonc30 repped this.
  21. thepundit

thepundit Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tacoma, WA
    as bitter as I am about the way things have been handled it is really something that Cazorla came for half of the Javi Martinez fee, and we signed a couple more guys who seem to find their ways to the goal

22. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Ooooh, that one. Must have forgot it.

23. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just happy they scored. I didn't care about the result but honestly, I'm not getting too happy about the win. Liverpool is going to have a LONG season. Plus with no additions to the striker core they are going to have a time of it. I couldn't believe how poor they looked on occasion.

24. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Actually I thought their passing was a lot better than it is normally. Just their final third was severely lacking.

25. Copperhead

Copperhead Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will be a good passing team but not a great scoring team. Swansea was a great passing team. I thought they looked the same as usual. Winning against this Liverpool team won't make me jump for joy. They are definitely bigger tests out there.