The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like my Gerd but that's not true. The first goal was way easier because he could turn the body to ball and goal at the same time whereas Götze got the ball from the left and needed to score with the left foot to the right. That's a total other dimension. Sorry Gerd.

The 2nd goal, while amazingly taken, is a blunder of the keeper in the first place who was way off the line.

The ability to score in finals is a special quality though and thus they are all great. But Flick is right, the 2014 finally deciding goal from Götze and the run and assist from Schürrle was a perfect moment of football. To achieve that in the dying minutes of a world cup final is a goal of the century. It probably ruined the careers of Schürrle and Götze but I guess both can live with that.

The Jitty Slitter, dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

there is much much much more than this too
    1558250963475087361 is not a valid tweet id

1558250969246437377 is not a valid tweet id

but remember none of these are good as Germany has 0 talents+incoming doomsday. DFB has spoken!!!

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Pfft, those kids are nowhere near as good as all the upcoming talent from England, France, Brazil and Argentina.

Ator, dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  4. dabny

dabny Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Apr 5, 2019
    whats not true?
    my sentence was a simple one "Gerd Mueller's 2 goals in the 1974 european cup final are up there with the best of them."
    are you telling me you could name even 5 goals in history in a major final better than them? i'll wait.

just as flick mentioned about the goetze goal "if it was messi we'd be seeing it 300 times a year", the same applies to gerd mueller here.

if these goals were scored by say a pele, no doubt you would have seen these goals replayed over and over as a reference to how great he was.

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #5380 Ger90, Aug 12, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    its worse than that according to dfb, minnows catching up. So we are drifting towards D-E list category.

can't wait to be at the level of Malta, Liechtenstein, San Marinos of world. Neverminds that Pengland's A was as bad as San Marino in NL, lulz.

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #5381 Dage, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Müller is one of the most recognised German players of all time. Götze isn't much recognized these days but to some extent it's his fault, isn't it? I just do not agree that the Müller goals were the same category like the Götze goal.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVBFNM, Dage and Alex C repped this.
  8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What a great finish also.

Ger90 repped this.
  9. AdiD

AdiD Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Bad from Schwabe. Perfect for Werner. Need some tailwind after often having bad luck at Chelsea

Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tbf, If you ignore the slower replay. The issue with Werner strike is how it wasn't that slow and it bounced, its the bounce part the reason it went in and it happened close to GK too.

AdiD repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Am I only that feels like Schlotterbeck both at Freiburg, Germany U21 and now Dortmund that he has an air of arrogance about how he plays? tbc not saying its a bad thing too. Its mostly because of how much he dominates and tend to comes of as a monster too. Look forward to seeing him in CL.

but he comes off as
    "Is that all you got?"
    "Your not getting past me, better luck next time"
    "come at me bro"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think Dortmund needs more players with that attitude of "we're here to win and fvck you for thinking otherwise", so I welcome Schlotterbeck's attitude.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Adeyemi also fits this too tbh. he's also friends with Schlotterbeck. Its good for us that them Sule, Moukoko, etc will play together regularly.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best XI
    Hahn--------------Bulter------------Zoller-------------Wolf
    -------------------Rode--------------Rudy--------------------
    Plattenhardt--------Mustafi (C)------Anton------------Weiser
    -------------------------Riemann-----------------------

Ator repped this.
  15. Ator

Ator Member

SC Freiburg
    Germany
    Mar 19, 2021
    Nice, but I would put Mustafi on 6 to reflect his importance. Also, where is Draxler?

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    on the bench.;)

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ator and BorisG repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Ator repped this.
  19. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala is getting better and better. At his age he already is influencing games at one of the biggest clubs in the world!

Ator and BorisG repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol

Kicker XI of matchday 2
    Wolf, Bulter, Zoller, Musiala (back to back), Moukoko

Ator, BorisG and dips82 repped this.
  21. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haven’t watched the games - but any idea how sane played coming of the bench twice ?

22. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And Leipzig having two draws - anyone seen the games - how are our NT players performing -
    Raum , Heinrichs etc…

23. Ator

Ator Member

SC Freiburg
    Germany
    Mar 19, 2021
    Haha, what the? I didn't know Bülter, Zoller and Stöger at all and thought they were some trash players you dug up from the past. :ROFLMAO:

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  24. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    Watched both games.

Raum was decent but no more than that. His crossing in the first game was a bit below par for him actually. I think some settling in is still required. Hoffenheim played to Raum's strengths; creating space for him to deliver crosses. RBL so far is not like that. I think they wanted to get him supplying crosses for Andre Silva but that's not working so far.

Henrichs is being played in central midfield with Novoa out on the right. This is a position that Henrichs has asked for but I see nothing so far to indicate he is good in this position; he's just been ok. And Novoa has been useless.

Ator, BorisG and Brandko repped this.
  25. ShadowX

ShadowX Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Germany
    Sep 7, 2020
    I thought he was quite good coming off the bench against Wolfsburg until it became obvious that nobody else on the pitch was really interested in playing football anymore. Tired from the heat, Wolfsburg were happy with the 2-0 loss (they didn't get trounced) and Bayerm were happy with a comfortable simple win.

He came on with a "determined to make an impact" mentality which was really good.

Somewhere out there is a sports psychiatrist that can figure out Sane and get the consistent best out of him. I hope they find him in time for the WC.

Ator, BorisG and Brandko repped this.