The Real Reboot Thread: Road to WC22

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Said it in past Reboot thread, you can't have a reboot with same ********ing coach

SHITTY CLOWN COACH OUT
    [​IMG]

NEW GUY IN and new era!!!!
    [​IMG]

BandB, rj123, Thomsen and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    will Hummels, Muller, Neuer, Kroos stick around? That's one big question.

feels like Bayern contingent might due to Flick and also 2022 WC is only 1 year away.

3. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    First thing first, few players should gracefully retire from NT. Off the top of my head, Gundogan and Mueller.

Mueller, oh my god, I love this guy, but his time already up. He might have Lewandowski to make him look good in Bayern, but in NT his contribution is finish. Then Gundogan also need to step down. Just focus on your club career.

Hummels could play another 1 big tournament along with Kroos.

Then we need to bring younger players, again off the top of my head someone like Nico Schlotterbeck, Burkardt, Arne Maier, Luca Netz then recalled Julian Brandt ONLY IF he could revive his career under Rose.

BVBFNM, rj123 and Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this team urgently needs a CF and more 1v1 focus upfront.

I barely saw any dribbling at this Euro. Low seems allergic to CFs and dribbling and more backpassing and throughball focus......nothing changed since WC18......still backwards and NEVER took things forward.

I think Germany 2018-2021 has to be worst German team in ages. Even 2002 squad was respectable.

Ator, BandB and Blueberry_night repped this.
  5. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Are you referring to the INDIVIDUAL PLAYER or the SQUAD as a whole? No way in hell 2002 had better players compared to this squad. But as a squad, 2018-2021 are definitely worse. I repeat this ad infinitum but our squad is actually good. We had combination of senior players with lots of UCL experience and players in golden age. Leon, Kimmich, Sane, Gnabry, Werner.

I agree with you though we need to nurture new CF. Who do you have in your mind? Nmecha? Moukoko is more a winger. Burkardt also a winger / false 9?

Soccer93 and Ger90 repped this.
  6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    At least Kroos should be done, that’s blatantly obvious by now. His contribution in the midfield has been next to nothing

dips82, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It all went downhill ever since that kiwi leader took over this forum. We need a German mod in the German NT forum

[​IMG]

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wirtz and Baku too.

Nmecha joining a club at higher level and performing also key thing to. As could be quickest CF to jump to Seniors, most of rest of 98-onwards might need more time. Berisha if he moves to higher level league could be another one.

for AM/W issue is most of interesting is more are 02-onwards, as in players just now (last season-onwards) starting to breakthrough pros. Will take time but current options not old either.

even CB with Hummels also headed out soon needs to be rejuvenated.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  9. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looking forward to Flicks first game as coach. I want to see how he organizes the team and what his formation and starting XI will be.

BorisG, Blueberry_night, dips82 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2002 squad is better team and didn't embarrass us like 2018-2021. For all talent 2018-2021 is bad based on performances and showing and miss German traits from past too. That's one thing 2002 had, all German elements.

Moukoko is a CF, his height is no different than an Eto'o. And his 2 XIs for Dortmund was sole CF too and he scored in 1 too. Moukoko is almost 2 footed as well which Skibbe said so.

Burkardt is also seen as CF who can play W.

Ator and Blueberry_night repped this.
  11. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Watch Flick troll us with a 3-4-3 in his first match.

Blueberry_night, Cris 09 and Ger90 repped this.
  12. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As long as it f*cking works. Southgate played 3-4-3 and dominated us to a 2-0 win.

I leave it to a competent coach to work things out. I just want the team to play to it's potential.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    didn't really dominate though. Both were bad and Germany had decent chances too. Just that every team defends better than Germany does and lacking upfront too.

Blueberry_night and Soccer93 repped this.
  14. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Moukoko will bring tons of goals. His partnership with Adeyemi are the second coming of Klinsmann + Voller.

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

This video perfectly illustrates Germany's REAL Reboot.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

02-onwards is packed with CF prospects who are jumping to pros faster than older CFs too. Could potentially lead to a ton of options in future. 98-01 still promising too. If things go well maybe in 3-4 years we get wave of next gen CFs since we have 10 age groups of CFs who produced not much.

Blueberry_night and Aderthan repped this.
  17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I actually think Müller is the only one that should stick around till the next tournament. What is Kroos Can amd Gundo still doing there? Thanks fully we didn’t see draxler

And Werner? WTAF?

Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Blueberry_night and Aderthan repped this.
  19. rj123

rj123 Member

Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry can't agree here. Perhaps I am looking at the game through Germany glasses, but my recollection is a lot of Germany getting pressed in their own end, having problems getting out, trying long passes to midfield from their own end that got picked off. England whipping crosses into the 18 yard box - didn't see much of that from Germany, those opportunities usually got sniffed out. Most German possession seemed to be in their own half. Also a lot of long balls for Werner, only one of which actually did something. I think our flanks got dominated - Gosens didn't do much and Kimmich seemed to be nullified. Both goals came from Kimmichs flank - so he and Ginter (who someone called lightning fast, can't back that up) were outplayed there.

Germany had problems moving the ball out of their end and difficulty maintaining possession in England's third , while we basically gave England the middle of the pitch. England looked quicker on the ball, anticipated passes well.

Ratings (out of 10,and can be crap) basically have England +1 over the German team.

Yeah, I felt we were dominated.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    dominated is wrong word more like snuffed out.....not hard to do this. Even minnows can snuff Germany out and a lot of those games we dominated too.

rj123 repped this.
  21. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Boateng,Reus and Ter Stegen be like : "ahh....tough luck guys" ( thank god I'm not part of this embarrassment team) lol

Ger90 repped this.
  22. Aderthan

Aderthan Member+

Schwarz weiss essen
    Germany
    Nov 17, 2020
    Like I said before I'm fine with a lose, it's part of the game...

It's just that losing to England hit harder...they could go out the next stage and still be proud of beating Germany. The England fan at the stadium will actually tell their grandchildren that they was there when Grealish and co beat the great Germany team.

Soccer93, Ger90 and Boandlkramer repped this.
  23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I’m glad reus wasn’t there. I used to rage every time his glass ass was called up

Ger90 repped this.
  24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus choosing not to take part in this Trainwreck shows he knew what was up.

I think Hummels was the best CB, and Ginter was the weak link in defence.

25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    AFAIK that's only the infamous "little Englanders". All the English fans I've come across are pretty chill.

Ger90 repped this.