The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The site is considered VERY pro Madrid. I knew the first response would be "this is Barca propaganda", but actually if you read the comments it's mostly people yelling at them for being pro Madrid.

2. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I remember a couple of seasons ago when they sent a referee to the VAR monitor (in our favour) and it was the first time in the VAR era (LaLiga) that a referee stood by his decision. It was incredible.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The main issue with the corrected table is that they count possible penalties as goals.

So if team A should have won a panlty but didn't get one, they count 1 goal.

Ironically, the list of VAR mistakes since VAR was implemented is led by Getafe, but it's easy to see why: When a team leads in fouls, cards, basically every bad aspect of the game, everything is kind of interpreted as having bad intentions.

4. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's the problem with having a certain reputation in football. It can be hard to get that reputation off you. Pepe is a good example of someone who could never get rid of his reputation no matter how many seasons he went without getting red cards and getting only a handful of yellows.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe should have arguably been charged with assault for that though. It's hard to come back from something like that. This wasn't just some foul or tackle that went wrong. Dude almost went american history x on a person.

He truly deserved his reputation.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I can't believe some people are still against VAR in football. Idiots.

7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it was the time under Mou that really cemented his reputation as a dirty player. I think Mou did more harm to his reputation than that assault.

8. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    VAR is as good as the person sitting behind it. What we need is transparency, we need to be able to hear the conversation between the VAR and refereeing team

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Champions League shares a video explaining the format for next season's competition. I want to hear the arguments why this is a good change

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Looks good, tbh.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems good, hope they add more kick off times instead of cramping it all in one time slot.

12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Can someone break it down

It’s league set up and each team plays 8 games? but how do they determine who plays who to make a points system fair?

13. zizou555

zizou555 Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They probably creating a superleague and having the weak teams play each other. No one will watch those but they can include the games and pay them to save football.

Ahmadi8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very similar to the proposed Super League format but I'll explain the difference after answering your question.

You get into the CL based on your position in your domestic league standing as normal. The 36 teams (more teams than now and more games) in the tournament get placed into 4 pots of 9. The CL winner will be in Pot 1, with all other pots filled according to each club's five-year coefficient. So basically we will be in Pot 1 almost every year and we play 1 team from each pot home and away.

The difference between this and the Super League is that in UEFA's format by having 1 good year in your domestic league, you automatically go into the CL. In the proposed Super League format, 1 good year would get you into the Conference League (the Super League's Blue League). The Super League wants you to be consistently good for multiple years to get you into the CL.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia, Glide84 and 3 others repped this.
  15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Providing better competition for those clubs and given the money (I presume) to do so.

Super league -> CL

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always said i like the League format because you get to watch your favorite teams live every year. I stand by that, being able to watch Madrid, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. every year is damn cool.

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I like em ko style. For me, nothing beats the tension of a high stakes 2 legged tie.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    League format and playoff is ideal, but with UEFAs idea of expanding the CL to 157 teams in the short or long term, it's impossible.

hector_br repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    How many games does a team play in this new format?

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #12195 Saeta Rubia, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    Extra 2 games in first round compared to current CL format for teams that finish in top 8. Extra 4 games for teams that finish from 9-24 as they will have two legged knockout tie to quality for round of 16.

CL from 1999-2003 had 17 games with two group stages, QF, semis and final. New version will have 17 games for teams that finish 9-24 and 15 games for teams that finish in top 8 of first round of they end up reaching the final.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Confirmed 15 non football events at the Bernabéu so far.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sandor Martin to host a twitch streamer/influencer boxing event at the Bernabeu similar to those KSI events as well.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bellingham suspended for two games. Club should protest the decision.

Saeta Rubia and yoanaidarov repped this.
  25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

This is bullshit

heat of the moment has to be taken into account