The Real Madrid News / Reviews / Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Phoenix Rising, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    EA ratings are and always will be second rate just like their game.

Having said that, I've always thought that Marcelo was underrated in both FIFA and PES.

yoanaidarov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Florentino is giving an interview with Cope tonight.

3. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here are the quotes from Florentino's interview with Cope. Its long but good.

"We'll certainly not sign DDG in January. RMCF did its job as best it could. We didnt get there on time."
    "MUFC does not have the necessary experience to tackle these things on the last day, like with Coentrao."

Florentino on Pique: "Sometimes you make a mistake but it doesn't seem right that someone gets booed in the stadium."
    "And certainly not one wearing a Spain shirt (who is expected to be booed). I feel bad for Pique."

: Will DDG renew? Florentino: "We do not know that. He'll do what he has to do."
    "I haven't spoken with DDG. Even on deadline day it was Jose Angel Sanchez who talked with DDG, not me."
    "MUFC gave us the option to sign DDG 12hrs before deadline. We have 3 good GKs now & I can't say what will happen next year."
    "There was no such compensation clause with DDG. Everyday something new is said & we have to deny it."
    "(the failed DDG transfer) doesn't affect anything with Mendes nor his clients who are here like Cristiano, James & Pepe."
    "I can't see what someone else is thinking but I don't think MUFC delayed the DDG transfer with bad intentions."
    "MUFC were signing another player from Monaco on deadline day & perhaps it got to0 much for them to handle."
    "I think MUFC waited until the last day to try & renew DDG. We havent been made a fool. Such things have never happened with us"

"Keylor did know about the MUFC swap transfer. The operation couldn't be done if he wasn't in the loop."

"Benitez is the best coach for Madrid. Mourinho's return? We aren't contemplating that but with him we returned to the UCL SFs."
    "Bale wants to succeed at Real Madrid. I have infinite faith in him as does he in himself."
    "We have a great team. Last season was divided in 2 parts. We won the USC & CWC but then we declined. Its true I wasn't happy."

"I'll continue as president until the next election. After my first term we were 13th in UEFA rankings & now back at #1."
    "I returned to Real Madrid when there was no money in 2000. Then I returned in 2009 when the club was having problems."

"Iker had 2 bad years and wanted help to be transferred to Porto. And we did so because he deserves it."
    "Like I've said before, I don't understand how a Real Madrid fan can whistle at their own player who is part of the family."
    "Iker was always a starter under Mourinho until the day he got injured. Then it was Ancelotti who made him 2nd choice."
    "You can discuss with Mourinho what happened with Iker but I think he treated all the players equally."

"When I've wanted a player... I've gone after him. Its impossible for me to see a Real Madrid without Cristiano."
    "Its difficult to improve the squad further but we have 11 Spanish players with us also & I hope the academy ones do well."
    "Neymar seemed important we did try to go for him but he's not the only player that we have missed like Vieira & Ribery."
    "Casemiro, Danilo & Kovacic have improved our team & beyond the idea of DDG, we couldn't see how to improve it further."
    "I have no favourites in my team. I signed everyone but Marcleo & Pepe but everyone is the same for me."

"Even if I leave tomorrow, I'll leave happy knowing that is doing well financially and that we made a great Sports City."
    "We have a wealth of young talent. If they do well they'll stay & if they are to leave, they'll go bringing the club profit."
    "But we have to continue conquering the hearts of fans around the world to get more revenue."
    "Even the fact that we couldn't bring DDG doesn't hurt the image of Real Madrid but many are still trying to use it."

"Progress is being made on the Bernabeu renovation plans. We are currently working with the concerned authorities."

S1na, RMSocrates, temesgen and 3 others repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Whenever Florentino does leave (let's hope it isn't any time soon), let's pray we get a competent replacement. Look at Manchester. Look at us when Florentino left. There are many examples of when the key figure leaves a club and how the club falls apart... and that is the last thing we all want to experience (again).

RMSocrates, temesgen, Crimson and 5 others repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmmmm even Flo is defending Pique , rather thought provoking

6. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's because he's a gentleman.

I don't always believe in the high road but someone of his stature might as well take it.

S1na, Phoenix Rising and temesgen repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, same with Sergio and Iker I would imagine.

Oscar repped this.
  8. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007

CR7PT and Hsain85 repped this.
  9. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007

10. euon

euon Member+

Oct 5, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  11. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #61 Phoenix Rising, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    This is pretty cool. Madrid currently have 7 of the Top 25 most valuable players in the world.
    • Ronaldo - 2nd
    • James - 3rd
    • Bale - 6th
    • Benzema, Kroos, Modric - 12th
    • Isco - 22nd
    The other clubs with players on the list are:
    • Barcelona (4)
    • Bayern (3)
    • Chelsea (3)
    • Atletico (2)
    • Manchester City (2)
    • Juventus (1)
    • PSG (1)
    • Arsenal (1)
    • Dortmund (1)
    www.transfermarkt.com/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop

temesgen repped this.
  12. euon

euon Member+

Oct 5, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
  13. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ********. And things were going so well :(

14. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Abner Castilla LB and on our CL squad suffers his 3rd ruptured ligament injury in 2 years. This kid is sooooooo unlucky!!

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Anyone surprised by that? La Liga is a bad parody of itself at times. Regardless we know it and just need to make winning the league a priority and win.

16. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Ramos not flying with the NT, Nacho replaces him.

I really hope that by the time the Liga kicks off again we'll have most of our players back and healthy.

People worry about the 2nd half of the season when Barca will have everyone fit & Turan & I don't know who eligible to play, but you can only field 11 and i'll take our best 11 over theirs any day.

Wait till we get back to full force. Can't wait for this team to build some momentum.

17. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm happy for Navas. If the bench warmer Bartra can make it, so can Nacho.

18. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In what has been an underwhelming season so far, Madridistas all over the world didn't have many smiles. A Clasico has been lost, derby has been Rafalutionized, and the team's last defeat saw them getting 5 points behind not just Barca, but Atletico too...

But that's about to change. The world is anticipating a historical moment. Top managers around the world are moving from one club to another, but it seems irrelevant to what's going inside Spain's biggest club. The event is so big that Mourinho asked Abramovich to hire him back and sack him again to give his sacking a proper recognition that was missing when all the eyes turned to look at what's happening in Madrid. It's not just concerning Madridismo, but football fans worldwide.

[​IMG]

That's right. Arbeloa is revealing his new Adidas boots. It's not known yet how will they affect Rayo's plans as Alvaro The Great will sit on the bench when they visit Santiago Bernabeu, but one thing is sure: they will.

When the fans' favorites Özil and Di Maria left Madrid in 2 consecutive summers, Madridistas were worried that James and Arbeloa may follow them, but rest assured, according to the well-connected BigSoccer member Eddie, in Florentino's latest interview he was asked: "who will you build your team around in this summer?", then Perez replied: "let me clarify it for you. You don't build your team around Arbeloa, Arbeloa builds the team around him", then he dropped the mic.

S1na, temesgen, El Ruiz and 1 other person repped this.
  19. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

This guy is a magician. Sadly, I'm not getting similar enjoyment from watching the football team. "Turn it around", well, one can only be hopeful.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Capello:

“When Madrid signed Marcelo, Fernando Gago and Gonzalo Higuain, all very young, Ramon Calderon said ‘why don’t you play them?’ I replied ‘don’t worry, they’re the future fortune of Madrid,’” he revealed.

“The only problem I had with Lorenzo Sanz is because he wanted his son to play. And Fernando is a good kid. He trained perfectly. But his father insisted he play, and that couldn’t happen.”

Capello coincided with Ronaldo in his second spell at Madrid around a decade ago, and recalled the time he questioned the forward about his weight.

“Look, he weighed 96kg. I asked ‘how much did you weigh when you won the World Cup [in 2002]?’ the veteran revealed.

“84kg he said. ‘Can you go down to 90kg at least?’ And he didn’t…

“It was a Madrid of words, not work. They were good players, but they weren’t connected. It was difficult. They had cliques…

“When people ask me the best player I’ve worked with, I always say Ronaldo. Ronaldo was awesome, the best by far. Him and [Marco] van Basten.”

Capello was, like Rafa Benitez recently, derided for being ‘defensive’ during his time at Sangtiao Bernabeu, an accusation he feels strongly about.

“It’s the biggest lie in the world! They started to say it when I won the first title at Milan, all games were 1-0, 1-0, 1-0,” he protested.

“But look at my first year at Madrid. I only played Redondo in midfield. Next to him was Clarence Seedorf, the playmaker. Victor was wide, Raul and either Pedrag Miajtovic and Davor Suker up front. Is that defensive?

“[In 2006-07] we couldn’t move the ball [with Emerson and Diarra], no. We were missing quality, but that was what I had. And we had problems with some of the players, such as Ronaldo. When he was sold, the team changed.

“I talked to the team to try and win the last 11, 12 games, and we did. We won the title because people started to move and press more.

“My first Madrid team was high quality, a very serious team. They were a team of men. [Fernando] Hierro, Raul, [Bodo] Illgner as well…there were a lot of men. Mijatovic, Suker, Redondo.

“They were all leaders of character, they were determined to win. They wanted to suffer, to train…”

http://www.football-espana.net/56573/capello-ronaldo-never-lost-weight…

Doni, raven3k, Bear Crotch and 3 others repped this.
  21. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I can agree with a lot in that interview, except this:

Capello had Emerson because he chose to bring him in!

libertao repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    ******** me, how ignorant was that remark from him? It literally made me so angry haha.

Bear Crotch, Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Capello chose both. He gave an interview saying we need three players: Diarra, Diarra and Diarra. The guy is losing it with age it seems.

RMSocrates, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And he let go of Gravesen!!!!! And Pablo garcia!!!!!!!!!

The solution was right there for him the whole time but he chose the puma.

temesgen repped this.
  25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Football Leaks published details of the Kroos transfer.

[​IMG]